V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

I think I have a problem. I now have each of the medium sets more than 10 times. A whole wardrobe is full of them. All sealed. I can t go without buying when I see them 20 % off. I am telling me I cought sell them with big profit, when they are sold out at ebay. That will maybe be the truth I will see. The feeling to buy a new pirates set is such great I am a Lego Pirates Shopaholic :). My drugs are Pirates pir_laugh2.gif . Do somebody have the same problem, or am I the only crazy man?

I think I have a problem. I now have each of the medium sets more than 10 times. A whole wardrobe is full of them. All sealed. I can t go without buying when I see them 20 % off. I am telling me I cought sell them with big profit, when they are sold out at ebay. That will maybe be the truth I will see. The feeling to buy a new pirates set is such great I am a Lego Pirates Shopaholic :). My drugs are Pirates pir_laugh2.gif . Do somebody have the same problem, or am I the only crazy man?

If that's the case for you, then I'm afraid we're both crazy! pir_laugh2.gif

I'm a shopaholic as well... I've recently spent €270 on the parts I needed for Imperial Trading Post, Imperial Flagship (6271), Forbidden Island, Lagoon Lock-Up, Raft Raiders. That is without many of the figures. I've only bought one admiral Woodhouse. I got the brown vest merchant/pirate from the Trading Post as well. And a few of the pirates and soldiers. I still only have one Redbeard, but I don't really see the need for more than one. He's not a good character for "army building". So the one I have with Black Seas Barracuda is enough. The two other sets I've got from before are Eldorado Fortress (without Redbeard and Broadside) and Caribbean Clipper (with Broadside). I want to get Rock Island Refuge very badly as well... And maybe some day I'll get Renegade Runner. I can't see me getting Skull's Eye Schooner for a long while though. And I'm not very interested in the Armada sets. Armada Flagship just looks odd with the colours.

Edit: Btw, does anyone know if there are instructions for the alternative build in the bottom right corner here:

v2z2c4s2z3x234j5h484x274m5e423t2p5o4n5q2d4v2v2z333u214.jpg

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

I'm a shopaholic as well... I've recently spent €270 on the parts I needed for Imperial Trading Post, Imperial Flagship (6271), Forbidden Island, Lagoon Lock-Up, Raft Raiders.

Me as well, where i see Lego my wallet empties heheh.

Oh man...thats very cheap you spent on parts for all these sets...

Hi

I wanted to share with you my excitation after getting the BSB for my round birthday from my girlfriend (oh yes!) and my parents :) Finally, after 25 years waiting, I got the Legend in very nice condition, with shiny bricks, 100% complete with extra parts also :) Maybe you have seen, I lighted this set few days ago of course pirate_blush.gif

6285_zpsx6svvshv.jpg

This gift is very special to me, not only because it was a set I always loved to have, but it came with original box, in really nice condition, with complete box contents! Now a days it's almost impossible to find used 6285 with all inner cardboard trays, boxes and especially, with plastic transparent inserts, this are a very rare stuff! pirate_laugh_new.gif

pud_zpsfhypay4x.jpg

For a used set, bricks are in excellent condition, but unfortunetally not the sails. Two of them have repaired attach holes, and it was strange. How the first owner of this set could damage it so badly, when all the bricks hadn't marks of play at all? Now I know why...

zagle_zpsqavqizmi.jpg

Barracuda mates have big problems with rolling out the sails, two of the sails are just too small! I've never heard about this type of fake, poor quality controll had TLG in 1989, really poor!

aaa_zpsqx4b3krl.jpg

Anyway, I'm very happy I got this setpirate_classic.gif

Greets

Edited by Crimson Pirate

Bought an incomplete Queen Anne's Revenge for EUR70. The sails were complete and all ships hull and masts, come's with only 3 minifigs but I can live with that. Most of the missing pieces were the skeleton parts. After spending EUR40 on bricklink for the missing parts, my QAR is now complete!

20151015_191955_zpsl1lpbfhb.jpg

20151015_192020_zpsgidwy8rb.jpg

20151015_192210_zps7fvciog4.jpg

Edited by CisFran
Posted images were larger than allowed.

Shortly after ordering most of the parts for Renegade Runner (all except triangular sail and large pirate flag) I found a complete Renegade Runner with instructions AND box on an auction site... And I just won that Renegade Runner as well. Heh... So I wasted some money on the parts S: Should have found the auction earlier. But I'll see if I can sell some lego I don't want (problem is I want all lego ;_; ). There will be pictures. Do you think €70 was a good price for a good condition RR with box? (€75 with shipping). The cheapest complete with box and instructions I can see on bricklink is €88.

Shortly after ordering most of the parts for Renegade Runner (all except triangular sail and large pirate flag) I found a complete Renegade Runner with instructions AND box on an auction site... And I just won that Renegade Runner as well. Heh... So I wasted some money on the parts S: Should have found the auction earlier. But I'll see if I can sell some lego I don't want (problem is I want all lego ;_; ). There will be pictures. Do you think €70 was a good price for a good condition RR with box? (€75 with shipping). The cheapest complete with box and instructions I can see on bricklink is €88.

Condition of the set depends on you. Some people they dont have problems having sets with scratches, dents,...etc...

And some they prefer perfect condition ( like me ).

After all, the price you got for is great but as i said, lets see the condition and are you going to buy dome parts tonreplace any bad parts if any...

Good luck

Yeah, I have only seen the pictures from the auction so far. But the sails didn't look frayed or yellowed and I didn't see any stains. It had the original string as well.

Bought an incomplete Queen Anne's Revenge for EUR70. The sails were complete and all ships hull and masts, come's with only 3 minifigs but I can live with that. Most of the missing pieces were the skeleton parts. After spending EUR40 on bricklink for the missing parts, my QAR is now complete!

The images you posted were too big. Please, review our Site Guidelines. Please feel free to add them to your post after you've down-sized them.

Images: Don't post images that are over 1,024 x 768 (or 768 x 1,024 for pictures with a portrait orientation) or are LEGO confidential. Images rarely need to be over 800 x 600, and any that are over 1MB (including GIFs) are not allowed unless there is admin approval. BMPs are never allowed. ...

My LEGO Store was offering the Pirate Chess set 40158 for half off if you spent $50 US or more. So $30 US seemed like a good deal for 857 pieces. Is anyone else's LEGO Store doing this offer? They said they were one of only a few "selected" by LEGO to do it.

My LEGO Store was offering the Pirate Chess set 40158 for half off if you spent $50 US or more. So $30 US seemed like a good deal for 857 pieces. Is anyone else's LEGO Store doing this offer? They said they were one of only a few "selected" by LEGO to do it.

Which stores are doing this? I am off to the states next month, I'd pick one (or two up half price)!

I accidentally bought the el dorado fortress last night on ebay, I was only playing around and I put a bid in which I though would be way too low and I ended up winning the auction pirate_sceptic.gif oops, I was not meant to be buying lego until after christmas, I am now in the doghouse.

Which stores are doing this? I am off to the states next month, I'd pick one (or two up half price)!

I accidentally bought the el dorado fortress last night on ebay, I was only playing around and I put a bid in which I though would be way too low and I ended up winning the auction pirate_sceptic.gif oops, I was not meant to be buying lego until after christmas, I am now in the doghouse.

My LEGO Store is in Hoover, Alabama. I think I got the last one though.

Hopefully your doghouse is big enough to store your Eldorado Fortress. :pir-grin:

That set is really awesome. It's sad that there hasn't been another "dream" fort set in the 2009 and 2015 sets. :look:

New addition to my fleet, purchased this Black seas barracuda for EUR120, without box nor instructions but the parts are complete and the sails are like brand new.

I replaced the figurehead on the front with a newer mermaid. The flags are still to be installed..

2bd78933-d1b2-4980-9c08-88a93dc40d17_zps43ggfzla.jpg

Edited by CisFran

Got a NIB Mint Condition set 6273!....

New addition to my fleet, purchased this Black seas barracuda for EUR120, without box nor instructions but the parts are complete and the sails are like brand new.

I replaced the figurehead on the front with a newer mermaid. The flags are still to be installed..

Awesome Addition the BSB!!

Would Love to See more Close-up Photos of this Legendary Set! pirate_classic.gif

BSB is a tough build because of the instruction will not tell you what part you will use next and where to put them. You need to study the changes on next picture.

The problem is after the build, I'm left with four pieces of brick corner 1x2x2. I already used 2 pieces out of 6 pieces.

Would anyone tell me where I missed it?

235726_zpssilythct.jpg

BSB is a tough build because of the instruction will not tell you what part you will use next and where to put them. You need to study the changes on next picture.

The problem is after the build, I'm left with four pieces of brick corner 1x2x2. I already used 2 pieces out of 6 pieces.

Would anyone tell me where I missed it?

235726_zpssilythct.jpg

Total of 6 pieces:

YOu will have to Use 4 ( Under the Rear Mast ) of these in Step 19 and 2 in Step 13 ( at back of the Ship )

Also for your information, In set 10040 the remake Edition , there are only 2 pieces of these (L) Bricks as the 4 pieces of these (L) pieces which goes under the Rear Mast Have been changed to 2 of ( 2x4 Bricks ).

So in Conclusion: 6 Pieces in Set 6285 and 2 Pieces in Set 10040

Cheers

pirate_satisfied.gif

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Total of 6 pieces:

YOu will have to Use 4 ( Under the Rear Mast ) of these in Step 19 and 2 in Step 13 ( at back of the Ship )

Also for your information, In set 10040 the remake Edition , there are only 2 pieces of these (L) Bricks as the 4 pieces of these (L) pieces which goes under the Rear Mast Have been changed to 2 of ( 2x4 Bricks ).

So in Conclusion: 6 Pieces in Set 6285 and 2 Pieces in Set 10040

Cheers

pirate_satisfied.gif

hey, thanks for the fast reply! I was using the online 10040 instructions since the 6285 does not have a clear one. My head is already spinning in trying to find where it is. Now I know why I am short of 2pcs 2x4 last night and I put these extra 2x4's in the bottom of the rear masts.

Thanks! I will take more pictures when I got home! pirate_satisfied.gif

hey, thanks for the fast reply! I was using the online 10040 instructions since the 6285 does not have a clear one. My head is already spinning in trying to find where it is. Now I know why I am short of 2pcs 2x4 last night and I put these extra 2x4's in the bottom of the rear masts.

Thanks! I will take more pictures when I got home! pirate_satisfied.gif

You are Welcome!........Waiting for the photos Buddy!...

pirate_laugh_new.gif Welcome to 1989! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Seriously, though, even though I grew up on them the older instructions can seem a lot harder to follow after assembling several of the newer sets. You know what else we didn't have? Brick separators in every large set. You kids have it too easy.

Well, except for when you have to try and figure out whether you're looking at black, gray, dark gray, dark blue, or dark bluish gray. *shudder*

TC