V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

Splendid acquisation, VintageLegoEra thumbup.gif I'm only a little bit jealous default_blush.gif

I edited your post. Could you please refrain from quoting pictures in the future, especially if they appear just in the post prior to yours. Thank you.

Oh, this of course goes for everyone default_blink.gif

Noted Sir!...:-)

Hmm...should I do this? Well...okay, I don't have photographic proof, but all my 2015 wave sets would have made for a large store display...before I unboxed them all. I bought multiples of all 6 (including the Junior's set)...and I don't really like the standard sets! Yes, I wanted the figures, and yes, I know it's cheaper on Bricks&Pieces (I bought a bunch of the soldiers there, too, and unfortunately I happen to have the price of the Admiral's wig seared into my mind and my wallet - yikes! $1.23 each - and I bought a handful!) So why buy the sets? Simple - I wanted the parts and accessories, especially the architectural elements. I haven't bought much else besides Bricklink orders and considering that Pirates is my only theme as a builder (and the fact that they only appear every few years) I thought I might splurge while working on my primary project. I won't say how many of each set I bought lest you all think I'm completely mad, but I have plans for the parts besides building official sets, even though I built one of each as soon as I got them just to see them in person. Collectively the Brick Bounty's were the most expensive for the obvious reason, and I must say only TRU had them (overpriced, unfortunately). Prefabs make good ships - and they're also useful for "other things!" Anyway, it doesn't really matter, because I'm a builder, not a collector. Most of the parts have already been sorted.

Hmm...should I do this? Well...okay, I don't have photographic proof,

I won't believe you're mad until I see the photographic evidence. :laugh:

Sounds like you made a very significant splurge. I expect you now have enough sorted bricks to start posting images of your WIPs or MOCs real soon. :thumbup:

Actually, Phred, several of the pirate-specific parts (especially the minifigs) won't be used for my main project. I have other ideas for those components. Due to the scope of the main project I won't be posting anything for several months at least. It contains several different builds which are connected with a common theme. I suppose I could post some WIP images but I really want to keep the subject matter secret until it's finished. Besides the Lego components there is a significant text (part history, part tutorial, and part creative interpretation of historic events). Because I'm addressing this to you specifically, could you tell me whether it should be posted in the MOC forum or the general forum? There will be a significant number of builds but all the text has me a bit confused as to where it should be posted. Anyway, in the meantime perhaps I can post a few small pirate-specific builds I've been tinkering with...

Because I'm addressing this to you specifically, could you tell me whether it should be posted in the MOC forum or the general forum?

Lets discuss this over a PM.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your layout and discuss some history. :thumbup:

Phred - yes, of course. I shouldn't have asked that here. To stay on topic I could add that I've made numerous BL purchases of components that will be useful for a variety of 18th century projects as well -some pirate-related, some not.

Got 2 of 6274 caribbean Clipper sets:

- 1 New

- 1 NIMB

Photos to follow!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

My Bricks & Pieces order is complete (As well as some non Pirate loot)!

With huge thanks to Matthias for pointing out the old shako's at B&P!

16654256553_999c9f23cd_c.jpg

Got 2 of 6274 caribbean Clipper sets:

- 1 New

- 1 NIMB

Photos to follow!

Looking at the sets you've purchased during the last few months, I have come to the conclusion that you, good sir, must be absurdly rich. pirate_tong.gif

Congrats on another fine purchase!

Looking at the sets you've purchased during the last few months, I have come to the conclusion that you, good sir, must be absurdly rich. pirate_tong.gif

Congrats on another fine purchase!

Looolll...Come on mate!.....I am just a normal guy who seeks for good deals..;)...

i got both of these for only $500....and even if i am rich, i am not crazy to throw 2000+ USD on these even if i wanted badly!

Cheers

Here are the photos!

1)- NIMB is the US Version with shooting Cannons ( Early batch )--On Left

2)- New Set is the Canadian Version with Disabled Cannons ( Black Handles )--On Right ( This is My first time i put my hands on this version of the cannon..Very Unique!! )

17091644260_18206002c4.jpg

17092985589_3523b5d0d9.jpg

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Received the Black Seas Barracuda (6285) in the mail today. I'm so excited to build this but I'm going to have to wait until I give the bricks a thorough cleaning since there's quite a bit of dust on the pieces.

Received the Black Seas Barracuda (6285) in the mail today. I'm so excited to build this but I'm going to have to wait until I give the bricks a thorough cleaning since there's quite a bit of dust on the pieces.

Awesome Man!....Photos please even if it is dirty pirate_satisfied.gif

Here are the photos!

1)- NIMB is the US Version with shooting Cannons ( Early batch )--On Left

2)- New Set is the Canadian Version with Disabled Cannons ( Black Handles )--On Right ( This is My first time i put my hands on this version of the cannon..Very Unique!! )

Congrats. I do like the clipper, but I also like nearly every sailing ship. The black-handle cannons make for a great visual contrast to the other variants.

Congrats. I do like the clipper, but I also like nearly every sailing ship. The black-handle cannons make for a great visual contrast to the other variants.

Thanks !....You r true :)

a few orders arrived in the mail today. among them:

Waooo....looks like you will build the Eldorado fortress :)

love this set!....as i had it when i was 8 and nothing left of it except for walls and baseplate..lool

My Bricks & Pieces order is complete (As well as some non Pirate loot)!

With huge thanks to Matthias for pointing out the old shako's at B&P!

pirate_classic.gif

I've already got the eldorado fortress built. this one is for 6277 Trading post.

Ohh...Thats also great set the 6277.....The thing i like the Pirate sets than the Imperial sets is the pirate sets has no white parts to worry about discoloration while the imperial sets mainly are white parts and the risk of these parts to get discoloured is High...Thats why i dont buy and spend a lot of money on these Imperials ( although i love the sets )

Cheers

You must be loaded, VintageLegoEra xD Congrats to you acquisitions though. :)

LoooooL..........Thanks Bud! pir_laugh2.gif

So I was walking through Target today, and saw something that the rest of you are probably already aware of, but just tickled the hell out of me.

17199083210_60d1ec34b9_c.jpg

Guess who's back... back again...

Bluecoats are back... tell a friend!

Merged!

So I was walking through Target today, and saw something that the rest of you are probably already aware of, but just tickled the hell out of me.

-snip-

Guess who's back... back again...

Bluecoats are back... tell a friend!

Thank you for informing us of your latest set purchases. I've merged this topic with the relevant mega-topic.

Picked up my first Pirate set in 20 years......the new 70412 Soldier's Fort. Went to a local Toy/Comic/Card Trade show, and picked it up for $20 instead of the usual $30. The last sets I got were in 1995 when I bought a couple Islanders sets on clearance from KB Toys lol.

Oh, and later this month, I may just be getting my hands on a Black Seas Barracuda from a friend.

Edited by Corweena