Happy Valentine's Day! Here is my latest modular MOC - a Candy Store with an upstairs party room. The design is done in the style of an 1890s iron facade. It's only two stories, but not as small as my Florist and Lawyer's Office MOCs.

candystore2_web_zpsvyn22cmy.jpg

The first floor Candy Store interior:

candystore3_web_zpsapjbfnex.jpg

candystore4_web_zpsu5vvcssw.jpg

2nd Floor Party Room Interior:

candystore7_web_zpszdccckwd.jpg

candystore8_web_zpsw7df4amc.jpg

Next to Palace Cinema for comparison:

candystore1_web_zpsdccmwvzf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by eliza

This is just gorgeous!! I love the facade, especially the clever use of the ladder. The lolly wall is just perfect.

A lot of sugar there :)

Excellent build... very nice facade, I like the ladders on it. And the shelves are cool too.

:thumbup:

This is very astute and elegant build, with some fantastic techniques to achieve architectural perfection. Stunning work!

Very stylish, great details and excellent parts usage. I especially love the plasticity of the facade. :thumbup:

Very elegant building, eliza. I really like the facade, not least the clever usage of the ladder :thumbup: Seen from the outside, I actually more come to think of an old, classy café serving delicious cakes. Inside I think you have been smart about making the candy containers, by using transparent panels.

I like that you didn't throw bright and loud colors at the exterior, even if it's a candy shop. Seems realistic and the interior its top tier. Good job! :classic:

This is beautiful! I love the pick'n'mix wall - had to think for a few seconds before I figured it out! :laugh: And the curtains are cool - I'd love to learn how to make these. Also, what's in the barrels next to the door where that light brown haired girl is?

I can see it being a cafe, too, rather than just a party room upstairs, with period costumes. (There were a few Lego Movie CMFs that *could* do the job, like Calamity Drone and Wyldstyle's Wild West dress, maybe some princesses, but they seem more mediaeval to me - I have studied costume history, although I am not that familiar with all the historic-looking Lego, as you can see...)

Looking again, are those balloons? :grin: Cool. Definitely nicking a few ideas from this!

tuskel,

sincerely

Thanks for all your comments! I'm glad you like it.

This is beautiful! I love the pick'n'mix wall - had to think for a few seconds before I figured it out! :laugh: And the curtains are cool - I'd love to learn how to make these. Also, what's in the barrels next to the door where that light brown haired girl is?

Thanks! The pick'n'mix wall was a bit of a puzzle put together. The barrel is just full of these. Anything transparent red looks candy-like to me. :)

4497943.jpg

Very elegant building, eliza. I really like the facade, not least the clever usage of the ladder :thumbup: Seen from the outside, I actually more come to think of an old, classy café serving delicious cakes. Inside I think you have been smart about making the candy containers, by using transparent panels.

I like the idea of making it a classy cafe! I think the it would be a great match for the exterior.... but I destroyed our old ice cream shop for parts to build this, so I added the party room to make the change to our city worthwhile to my kids. :)

Edited by eliza

That is a very nice MOC! Good ideas, lot of details. I like the front windiw of the shop, the sweeties shelves and the first floor children party! That's awesome!

Very nice little shop! Goes very well with your other modulars. Only one little thing: maybe you can swap the two white 2x plates on top of the facade for one large 2x16 white plate.

Great MOC, Eliza. I really like the facade, it's the colour combination and the texture that makes it so interesting. Is that a ladder I spy at the front above the door? That's really unusual use of the part, but it creates a great texture effect. Also the tall windows fit right in, and they give an impression of a higher building. But the interiors, mmm, those sweet candies. It really makes me want to eat some, even before breakfast. It's blogged on BrickHamster. Well done!