Bob De Quatre

75095 TIE Fighter

This will be like the UCS jedi starfighter, a complete disaster, I am starting to think that lego is really milking the franchise even more than Lucas.

Hmm, interesting choice to make a normal Tie and not any other more interesting Tie like the Advanced, Bomber etc.

A Tie can carry 65 Kilos of cargo according to the info plate??? Impressive!

This will be like the UCS jedi starfighter, a complete disaster, I am starting to think that lego is really milking the franchise even more than Lucas.

It would be strange not to have a UCS Tie though, it's the most common ship in the OT. It's the price that's frustrating.

If the Echo Base later in the year doesn't wow me, I might pick this up for May 4th next year.

Did anyone notice printed arms with the imperial logo? Maybe the only exciting thing about the set.

It looks interesting. Very detailed version of the iconic fighter.

It's still a Tie fighter, though (so nothing never seen before) and it would off scale with the other fighters, if used with the intention of building a Squadron or fleet.

It's Lego, it's Star Wars and it's UCS so it will be still a wonderful addition to any collection. Currently I have more "important" (for me of course :wink: ) Lego project but I shall see when it is released :classic:

Hmm, lots I like, some I don't like. Small stickers? Really? The engine area design looks "off" to me. I like the ball design, yet the finished look is not quite great (although I just got the Inquisitor Tie Advanced, the ball on that is excellent to my eye).

My question is how will this look scale-wise sitting next to the 10179 and Red 5 X-wing?

It looks OK. I wasnt expecting much more. The UCS sized mocs already existing look quite the same...not worse, nor better. There must be some way to design a better looking cockpit, though.

Stickers: oh no, not again!

The price? well, its LEGO, its UCS, its Star Wars...was anybody really expecting a 150USD UCS Tie Fighter?...

was anybody really expecting a 150USD UCS Tie Fighter?...

Was anybody expecting 1,700 parts for a TIE ?

I still don't understand why they went for such a big model...

I think Lego released this at the wrong time. I feel like this would have been met with more positive remarks if it was released before the above mentioned Slave I and the Tumbler.

I think it's a wonderful model, but it really looks unfinished compared to other sets at the same price range. Such a pity :sceptic:

I don't see why the scale is even a question. This is clearly about twice as big as anything that could be considered 'minifigure scale'. It's about in scale with the UCS X-wings by my reckoning, but not much else.

But Lego is meant to be blocky! That's part of the charm!

Maybe you're right. But still €200 is a lot of money if you compare it with Slave 1.

So how does this compare for scale against the 10240 Red Five X-Wing? Cockpit of this one seems a bit on the small side...

Edited by MrLee

Too blocky, inside of the wings unfinished, overpriced, and the stand is absolutely hideous. I love UCS, but I'm going to have a hard time justifying this purchase. Especially when the beautiful Slave I model is at the same price point. Not much to get excited about here...

Nothing really flashy here. I mean for the same price as the Slave 1, it comes with three less minifigures and way less interesting parts. Aside from the front window of the cockpit, I'm not seeing anything new or unique... and who here doesn't have a ton of black and grey bricks and plates...?

Lego really should have thought about pricing this close to $150-175. I hope this isn't some new type of price jump they're considering given the upcoming Star Wars movies...

I'm in total agreement with Anio on this one! :look:

On the plus side the box art is beautiful, but the model just doesn't have the 'wow' factor that UCS sets should have. The stand looks really cheap and an after-thought. I don't want to say this, but I can see it being another B-Wing. It's a shame that they didn't choose the TIE Bomber, at least that's a more interesting design....

I don't have issues with the scale. It's a beautiful representation of the subject matter. I'll hope other TIEs make the cut in the future, but I will say I am disappointed by the sheer number of stickers in the set. Not wild about them. Nor the price-tag. Seems like Slave-I is a better investment certainly more colorful and with the quick turnaround I'm going to have to pick only one. Maybe if TLG discounts this one I'll pick it up down the road, but if not, no great loss.

It's well-designed but haven't we seen the majority of OT stuff like 50 times by this point? Why not a Jedi Temple, Geonosis Arena, Kamino, Naboo, or Senate (Yoda vs Sidious)? Or if you are going to re-design something from the OT, why not Cloud City? Unless I'm mistaken we've only gotten that once and that was awhile ago (in the Lego Star Wars timeline at least).

Edited by coolguy2323

oh god no. i could barely afford the Slave I and i still need the sandcrawler.

but i imagine this will end up downstairs without a doubt, what a beautiful rendition of it. the size is impressive, most impressive

Nothing really flashy here. I mean for the same price as the Slave 1, it comes with three less minifigures and way less interesting parts. Aside from the front window of the cockpit, I'm not seeing anything new or unique... and who here doesn't have a ton of black and grey bricks and plates...?

Exactly

I think this will sell badly. not that it is a bad build but it all comes down to this: you enter a Lego store with 200$. There is way more big sets worth getting (specially the Slave 1) or just a bunch or regular sets then 1600 bricks for 200$

Side note: If I were to buy this in Canada on release date + tax it would be close to 265$. So definitively a no go

I don't comment on sets like this much but this is so ugly and expensive it warrants a comment from me.

What a monstrosity! The cockpit looks hideous with too many lines and it's way too blocky. Also, £170?! Wow. It will definitely be chosen over the Slave I... :sarcasm: