Sign in to follow this  
Sir Dillon

3vil Battleship Andvari

Very nice skull, one of the nicest 3vil skulls I've seen in fact! It could do with a tiny bit more greebling in some semi-hidden places though.

Nice, a futuristic pirate ship.

You've managed to make the skull (especially the mouth and teeth) look very dangerous/spooky.

The access door is well integrated and hidden in the hull. I really like how this is done.

I was unfamiliar with the Mark Sandlin's theme, so thanks to you I've learned something new today ;-)

Edited by bonaparte

Beautiful job Sir Dillon. I had no idea you were so talented. *y* *y* *y* Three thumbs up! And that's not easy to do for one guy.

I really like the interior of the spaceship. You got a nice level of detail in there. Thanks for sharing with us. Excellent job.

Thanks for the comments, guys. :-)

It could do with a tiny bit more greebling in some semi-hidden places though.

Where do you think they should go? I know the whole ship in general is kind of plain, but I'm not sure where more greebles would look good.

You've managed to make the skull (especially the mouth and teeth) look very dangerous/spooky.

Thanks. The skull is my favorite part, personally.

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif Three thumbs up! And that's not easy to do for one guy.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Heh heh. No problem, thanks for the comment! :-)

Thanks for the comments, guys. :-)

Where do you think they should go? I know the whole ship in general is kind of plain, but I'm not sure where more greebles would look good.

Well, I think you can greeb up around the intakes a lot more. Similarly, the guns could be beefed up a lot I think, that's always a great place to go greeb-happy :-D The engines are a tiny bit blocky, but it sorta/kinda fits in with the coffin-esque theme you have running with this 3vil ship. The skull itself is perfect, I wouldn't touch a thing! But those slopes seem a bit bare, but I'm not sure how well that can be greebed, maybe replacing them with angled plates would allow for some interesting designs.

I'm sure wherever you take this, it'll be phenomenal :-)

It is detailed. I wish for more interior pics. It reminds me of the first alpha teaam series. My opinio, I don;t like the cannon in the eye, why don;t you get two of those and put them on the sides, to see if they work?

Like the others have said, that skull is great. *wub* It looks like he (?) is sneering. In love it.

Anything behind the back door?

Well, I think you can greeb up around the intakes a lot more. Similarly, the guns could be beefed up a lot I think, that's always a great place to go greeb-happy laugh_new.gif The engines are a tiny bit blocky, but it sorta/kinda fits in with the coffin-esque theme you have running with this 3vil ship. The skull itself is perfect, I wouldn't touch a thing! But those slopes seem a bit bare, but I'm not sure how well that can be greebed, maybe replacing them with angled plates would allow for some interesting designs.

Alright. Thanks for the nice reply.

I agree with most of you points. Especially the guns... I am quite fond of how the two front guns turned out, but the top one I feel is a bit lacking. I may try to rework that and the surrounding area. The slopes are also a bit plain, but I kind of like them... I'm not really sure how good I could make greebles in them either.

I'm sure wherever you take this, it'll be phenomenal

Thanks, although I'm not really sure if I'm going to take this anywhere. ;-) I've been working on it for a while, and am about ready to smash it and build something else. I might try to change some stuff though, we'll see.

It is detailed. I wish for more interior pics. It reminds me of the first alpha teaam series. My opinio, I don;t like the cannon in the eye, why don;t you get two of those and put them on the sides, to see if they work?

I might be able to get more interior pictures for you, but there isn't really anything else to see. :-/ As for the gun in the eye, I don't have enough pieces to make two of them, plus I like it in the eye... so there. :-P

Like the others have said, that skull is great. wubnew.gif It looks like he (?) is sneering. In love it.

Anything behind the back door?

Thank you. All that's behind the door is the connection of the engines. I attached them together, and then to the ship, and there wasn't any room for an interior back there. Instead of just making a wall though, I made the door, to give the impression that there's more interior. ;-)

Thanks for the replies!

A very decent space ship, very neat in size and shape. *y*

That skull and those white curved structure

All that's behind the door is the connection of the engines. I attached them together, and then to the ship, and there wasn't any room for an interior back there. Instead of just making a wall though, I made the door, to give the impression that there's more interior. ;-)

I thought as much. Nice bit of mis-direction though! :-P

Sir Dillon, that thing is pure sex for my eyes.

I absolutely love the skull front. The giant cannon sticking out of the eye makes it all that much more better. The interior is awesome! I think you executed this 3vil MOC perfectly.

I also really like the "ribs" you added to the ship, it makes it feel so much more skeleton like.

I do feel that perhaps you could use some different landing gear, I feel those are to "thin" for such a beast like this. Perhaps some landing gear with really wide feet?

Amazing, keep up the 3vil MOCs!

Chewie

A very decent space ship, very neat in size and shape. thumbup.gif
I love that giant cannon poking out of the eye thumbup.gif . Awesome.

Thanks guys!

Sir Dillon, that thing is pure sex for my eyes.

Thanks for the nice reply Chewie, even if it is slightly disturbing. ;-)

I do feel that perhaps you could use some different landing gear, I feel those are to "thin" for such a beast like this. Perhaps some landing gear with really wide feet?

Originally I didn't even have feet on this, and they were a last minute addition. Now that I look at it more, I think your right. Simply making the feet bigger might not look any better though, and I'm not sure if I can make sturdy landing without those bionicle pieces. I may experiment with it a little though.

Wow, really great oh.gif

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate it. *sweet*

I like this a lot. I always like the concept of 3vil. I think you captured it really well.

I would probably change the mid section somewhat. It has a sort of bulky flat shape that doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of you design. I might try to mix it up with additional rib looking bone shapes or a different port.

The landiong gear works but does seem a little out of place.

My favorite parts are the quad gun an the top and the engines.

MOC on!

I like this a lot. I always like the concept of 3vil. I think you captured it really well.

I would probably change the mid section somewhat. It has a sort of bulky flat shape that doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of you design. I might try to mix it up with additional rib looking bone shapes or a different port.

The landiong gear works but does seem a little out of place.

My favorite parts are the quad gun an the top and the engines.

Thank you Suvie. I ran out of those long white slopes, which is why I didn't extend the ribs any further down. One person suggested a white spine running down the back, which might help a little.

Hum, perhaps if you were to run a spine down the back of the ship, you could make the two front landing gear like the hands of a skeleton.

Worth a shot, or not. ;-)