[MOC] Neo Classic Space Studless

Hello

MOC Neo Classic Space with a small reference to star wars...in the futur

15707114904_274d52a510_b.jpg

16142149890_3def65e0a3_b.jpg

15707111174_226c3d94cf_b.jpg

If you have any comment, :sweet: .

Thanks

Wow, what a fantastic idea! Love how you tied the two themes together... So the airless "moon" with the soft, sandy surface on Classic Space packaging was Tatooine all along! Brilliant!!!

And here they are, examining the fossilized remains of the Sarlacc... And possibly Boba Fett as well (or did he survive?).

The execution is flawless, of course, but I'm blown away by the idea. :)

Please don't post the same MOC in multiple subforums here and SW), thanks.

Aw, can't an exception be made in this case? I'd hate for the SW fans not to see this! :(

Interesting idea.

I actually really like the railcar and track. That is interesting. I may have to borrow that idea. My mind always thinks I have to make everything physically work, but doing something like this for a stand alone shot, makes perfect sense.

What is with the colour scheme? It's not in Classic Space colours. Really now, a yellow... cart thing with green plates on it on a DARK GREY rail!? Uhh... really? You should read this before making your next Classic Space build, because right now it's not a Classic Space build. And yes, the colour scheme is that strict. I can definitely see that you tried the scheme (trans-clear visors, tan base) but the yellow cart just breaks it.

Your MOC is not bad though, i do compliment you in using space minifigs with the planet emblem still on them. I also like the base although it's very small and because of that there's a lot of stuff going on. Also, how is the cart ever going to fit through the arches with a minifig on it? Thinking about details like those can make your MOCs quite a lot better.

Just about everyone who builds Classic Space i assume. As i said, the colour scheme is that strict.

Even *actual* Classic Space didn't follow these "rules", so whatever.

And nothing against that site (there's some great stuff on it), but it is in no way official. And the last post was from 2011, so... Yeah. Besides, rules were made to be broken, and this build did it well.

I don't use the site actually, but i do know of the colour scheme and it is really strict.

And my point stands: who cares? Who are they to make up "rules" that ignore colour schemes that were actually a part of official, LEGO-designed releases?

When the site states "Trans yellow: All vehicle windscreens and any windows should be transparent yellow. The range of parts in this colour is quite restrictive, so it's tempting to try other colours. You must resist this temptation," it's pretty obvious they're not to be taken seriously as any kind of "authority" on the matter. It's obvious that's just what they happen to prefer. What about the trans-blue in the Galaxy Commander, or All-Terrain Vehicle, or any number of Classic Space sets with trans-green parts?

Sorry to keep derailing this thread, but I really, really like this build and feel the need to defend it against what seems to be some kind of misguided colour scheme elitism. :)

Edited by DPrime

Thank you for your comments and I agree with dprime, I make my moc as comes and with the parts which I have. I think it isn't necessary to stop has rules and specially with Lego; Lego it is fun and build what you want ! but i take a note.

If you want I can change names of the post :wink:

Who are they to make up "rules" that ignore colour schemes that were actually a part of official, LEGO-designed releases?

Oh, not really anyone special, just the designer of this Lego set here:

21109_alt1.jpg

When the site states "Trans yellow: All vehicle windscreens and any windows should be transparent yellow. The range of parts in this colour is quite restrictive, so it's tempting to try other colours. You must resist this temptation," it's pretty obvious they're not to be taken seriously as any kind of "authority" on the matter. It's obvious that's just what they happen to prefer. What about the trans-blue in the Galaxy Commander, or All-Terrain Vehicle, or any number of Classic Space sets with trans-green parts?

The Classic Space rules say:

Later sets used white with trans-blue or even grey with trans-green, so if you build to one of these schemes you'll need to tweek them accordingly.

There's some MOCs on the website that are in white and trans blue aswell. But mostly, Classic Space should be in grey and blue.

I do consider it important that everything dubbed or supposed to be Classic Space is in the right colour scheme, i really think it is strict. I can't recall any yellow spaceships in any Classic Space sets, just saying.

It may be a minor nitpick, but a nitpick like this is just like building a completely pink spaceship, putting a Classic Space fig in it and saying it's Classic Space themed.

I think it isn't necessary to stop has rules and specially with Lego; Lego it is fun and build what you want !

Yeah, you're right. Just my opinion on the Classic Space colour scheme here, and ofcourse no-one needs to listen to opinions. If anyone thought i meant otherwise, i do like this MOC and the terrain is very nice.

Just stop. Enough of this nonsense - it's a terrific build, and nothing you're saying takes away from that. I doubt anyone is impressed by your knowledge of made-up rules, so let's please move on.