ronenson

60051 and 60052 sold out?

60051_60052_sold_out.png

That's strange. On the Dutch lego S@H site, both the 60051 and 60052 are sold out. I expect these sets to last for several more years.

Interesting. Argos in the UK just sold off their 60051 stock for £70 (down from £100), so nearly 1/3 off. Could be they're actually gone?

I don't think the City trains are gone for good. More likely they mean "currently not available, we don't have a date when they will be back, and someone clicked the wrong button"...

I wouldn't be surprised if the cargo train were to disappear as the heavy haul train is incoming, but they've just discontinued the red passenger train I'd be surprised if they were dropping 60051 too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cargo train were to disappear as the heavy haul train is incoming, but they've just discontinued the red passenger train I'd be surprised if they were dropping 60051 too.

I hope they don't drop it. 60052 is one of my favorite train sets ever. I wouldn't be too surprised if they did, though, because it wasn't a Lego exclusive.

Why would they drop these two? They just launched last year. Don't the large train sets usually last for about four years at a time?

I think the reason they're normally available for so long is because they're typically not sold in other stores. 60052 was sold in department stores, so it makes sense that it would follow a similar cycle to other sets like The Hobbit.

They are still available in Canada S@H. Maybe they shipped too many to North America and didn't leave enough in Europe to meet demand?

A few months ago, I bought this 60052 in Superpack for around EUR190 (converted from swiss francs) from a toyshop in Switzerland.

The box includes the train set, the new train station and 2 sets of tracks..

60052_zpsekaf1mul.jpg

They were still available on their shop but back in their usual price at EUR270.00.

Here's the link on their french site

http://www.maxitoys.fr/12238372.html

Edited by CisFran

Very strange that it would be sold out. It hasn't been a full year since its release. I think it may be a temporary shortage of stock. From what I've seen at my local lego store the train was very popular.

Strange? Must just be stock shortage.

Local Big W got a bunch of both of them in recently (like 2 weeks ago) so I doubt LEGO has stopped making them if some got sent to coastal whoop whoop down under. But, the passenger train is $198 AU and the Cargo train is $275 - so even though they are close buy, they aren't a rush out and pick one up deal for me.

Well i know the passenger train would of done well. the freight i dont know, I still have not got one due to the cost for what it is.

But that red freight train looks almost no different to the old yellow one, seams like a bit of a lazy design.

Seems crazy to me too since these are primarily targeted at kids and they have a lot less dough to spend than we do.

Hope this does not crush my hope of another Creator Expert train towards the end of this year or beginning of next.

Has anyone called lego customer service to see if indeed they are being phased out and that this is not some glitch in the inventory system?

Toys 'R Us in the area are pretty much out of these, they are priced Uber-low online and I wasn't willing to wait. I just ordered, I think that they they'll be going onward and upward to new trains or just killing them altogether.

They could also be changing the track . . .again.

For UK customers, https://www.very.co.uk have the passenger train at £80

I nearly bought one, but I dunno. If Lego are dropping trains, not sure I want to buy any more. :innocent:

No wait that's silly. Actually I just spent a lot of ££ on two 60052 trains for my kids at christmas, and I don't want to spend any more right now. I'd happily buy two of these passenger trains in the summer. I'll take a chance on the 60051 train being no longer available then I guess. I'm not going to panic buy toys due to internet rumours. :classic:

Nor am I going to assume Lego are dropping trains when...there are photos of a new 2015 cargo train...and when nearly every kid who visits our house wants to play with the Lego trains my kids have. Nah. Get real. Or I've missed some irony, easily done. :grin:

Edited by andythenorth

Same for me. If they're around for some more time, I'll probably pick up those trains. If not, too bad. I dont consider them collectors items I need to have.

Has anyone called lego customer service to see if indeed they are being phased out and that this is not some glitch in the inventory system?

As we had the same question on 1000steine.de, someone called lego and he was told that they are just currently out of stock and will be continued. But lego service, couldnt give an exact date, when they will be avaible again.

Edited by Sylvius