Mario Pascucci

[Software] JBrickBuilder - easy and Open Source LDraw builder in Java

Mario can you check the sourceforge download file,when I download the file I get a ton of zipped up folders with no apparent .exe file,if this is in order can you please make a simple installer?

You will not get a .exe file, JBrickBuilder is a Java application and you will find a .jar file (that is an archive) :wink:

In the firts page of this topic there is a direct link to the .jar file.

Edited by Calabar

You will not get a .exe file, JBrickBuilder is a Java application and you will find a .jar file (that is an archive) :wink:

Ok thanks,time to get a java player. :classic:

In the firts page .....

Careful. :snicker:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Hi all.

New release with:

- experimental flexible parts support (axel, rigid hose, pneumatic hose, string with stud ends, ribbed hose 7mm dia).

- Cut/copy/paste

- Undo/redo

- 850 verified parts in connection database

A short screencast video on flexible parts editor:

See top post for links and details.

Hi all.

New release with experimental building step editor and player.

I'm not completely sure that it is the best interface and controls for building step editing, but consider it as a first try to a visual approach.

Also, 1260 parts in connection database.

See top post for links and details.

Also, 1260 parts in connection database.

Is it "parts that are known to be OK" or "exceptions from autodetection rules, everything else is OK too"?

Is it "parts that are known to be OK" or "exceptions from autodetection rules, everything else is OK too"?

If part is in database then is "working and verified".

Not in database->not verified, probably not working.

Not in database->not verified, probably not working.

I see. This is the thing I fail to understand. I thought that your original idea was "use autodetect for majority of cases, and use metadata for exceptions". At least that was my impression after reading discussion about it on LDraw forum. What I'm missing here?

I see. This is the thing I fail to understand. I thought that your original idea was "use autodetect for majority of cases, and use metadata for exceptions". At least that was my impression after reading discussion about it on LDraw forum. What I'm missing here?

It's a bit complex to explain.

Connection database is splitted in two categories: connection that working with autodetection and connection that needs a description file (XML) in connection database.

Program logic is:

1- if there is a connection description file GOTO 3

2- do connection autodetect - GOTO END

3- read connection description from file - GOTO END

4- END

So connection autodetect can be perfect, almost working, totally broken, giving the way it works.

To see if a part has correct autodetection, I use a program to see "visually" how and what connections are autodetected.

If connections are perfectly detected, I mark that part to become "verified" in part list (cyan background). If connection autodetect is broken for a part, a file with correct connections is needed, so I design connections and write a file. In part list these parts are marked with green background.

Parts with white backround are "not verified", or, I've not checked if autodetect works. So program do *always* autodetection for these parts, but probably autodetected connections are wrong or (in best case) incomplete.

More informations:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbrickbuilder/files/jbrickbuilder/connections/jbrickbuilder-connection-manual-en.pdf/download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbrickbuilder/files/jbrickbuilder/jbrickbuilder-manual-en.pdf/download

Program logic is:

1- if there is a connection description file GOTO 3

2- do connection autodetect - GOTO END

3- read connection description from file - GOTO END

4- END

Er, is your first/main language an assembly? :laugh:

I’d propose a plain English translation: “if there is a connection description file, use it, else, do connection autodect.” :grin:

“if there is a connection description file, use it, else, do connection autodect.” :grin:

That's fine; I was thinking about implementing my own autodetection logic, by detecting 3D geometry and was interested to know how it would compare to existing methods.