Hi All,

It's been awhile i wish to MOC one modular cafe out from Lego bricks. At the end, i choose to moc a famous cafe chain, Starbucks cafe. A lot of studied and reference has been done to come out with this MOC. I did include the little Starbucks barista in my moc too. Hope everyone will like it and feel free to comment. Cheers.

You may dropby to my Flickr for more details photos. Enjoy Bricking!! https://www.flickr.c...57650777626585/

16318949270_6aa17ed661_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (1) by WingYew, on Flickr

16505391072_cc7c4e34f3_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (2) by WingYew, on Flickr

16504679161_94bf239c5f_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (3) by WingYew, on Flickr

16318680858_d648403a8e_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (4) by WingYew, on Flickr

16504680761_dfa0a3b75b_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (5) by WingYew, on Flickr

16320132579_363a9835fa_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (6) by WingYew, on Flickr

16318954840_8846743bae_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (7) by WingYew, on Flickr

16318687698_02dc77c5a8_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (11) by WingYew, on Flickr

16318690768_3711f128b6_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (14) by WingYew, on Flickr

16505403412_5a7c61c28c_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (15) by WingYew, on Flickr

16480427726_f2edfd8056_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (17) by WingYew, on Flickr

16318967440_c0749b0450_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (20) by WingYew, on Flickr

15886272773_47f2f07b8f_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (26) by WingYew, on Flickr

16318677768_ff820e6b1f_c.jpgMOC Starbucks (27) by WingYew, on Flickr

It's now available in LEGO IDEAS for voting as well. :) Appreciate on the support.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/96110

Edited by wingyew29

Wow...I don't know where to start with the praise. What a brilliant piece of not only Lego design, but architectural design. The curved glass wall is brilliantly done, with the glass portal entrance! The details are carried out perfectly and your wee staff uniforms (aprons) and barista is excellent. I love the roof garden with its Giant Coffee on the corner! All your exterior aesthetics are great, switched the grooved bricks really brings, what would have been a bland wall of colour, to life!

My only teeny weeny gripe...and I loathe to say it as this is such a great MOC...is the Roof Terrace depth at the corner that overhangs the curved wall space below. I think it looks a wee bit thin and unsupported. Whilst this is achievable in legoness :blush: I always like MOCs that still have some structural realism...its doesnt have to be thicker or chunky...but perhaps have some sort of cool structure or supports that makes it look less suspended.

Great work and you have just gained anoter flickr follower :tongue:

This is fantastic! Beautifully designed, with so many stunning details. I particularly like the textured wall with the black grill bricks, the curved glass wall and the rooftop terrace.

Outstanding. The only thing missing is the hipster with a tablet using the free wifi.

There you go with your obsession with hipsters again OTW! :classic:

As for the MOC it's a very refreshing change from the modulars we've been seeing recently. The scope and architecture you've chosen makes it look like it would belong in any Lego city, but it looks very different from the generic.

The curved wall is well executed, the interior is fantastic and the roof top terrace is delightful.

I like it a lot.

Edited by eurotrash

Hipsters are the future of the world. All of the good parking spaces at Starbucks are taken up for hours by hipsters who are inside using the free wifi. They buy the smallest size coffee and sit there for hours.

Eurotrash, here's some help in getting you ready for the future.....

http://m.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hipster

Edited by Off the wall

I love it! :wub:

So many details......I don't know where to begin. The layout has such a welcoming open feel to it. The glass curved front and black grill bricks add a pleasant exterior feel, while the garden terrace provides for a peaceful retreat. The inside is just begging for you to stop and get a specialty Grande anything. :sweet:

The style of this build is unique and full of great details. I love the curved glass wall.

Hipsters are the future of the world. All of the good parking spaces at Starbucks are taken up for hours by hipsters who are inside using the free wifi. They buy the smallest size coffee and sit there for hours.

Eurotrash, here's some help in getting you ready for the future.....

http://m.wikihow.com/Be-a-Hipster

According to the article you linked a real hipster would not patronize Starbucks. It is far too coporate. They will only buy coffee from an independant locally owned fair trade organic certified shop.

Amazing amazing amazing. I am halfway through MOC'ing my local Starbucks in LDD after seeing this masterpiece, I don't think I will bother now. Great work.

The style of this build is unique and full of great details. I love the curved glass wall.

According to the article you linked a real hipster would not patronize Starbucks. It is far too coporate. They will only buy coffee from an independant locally owned fair trade organic certified shop.

I saw that, but......Maybe so, in theory.....in reality, they need to live up to their own standards and vacate MY parking space.

Wow! The curved glass and internal detailing is superb.

My non corporate soul would have preferred a hand crafted artisanal community orientated workers co-operative coffee emporium rather than a coffee shop belonging to The Man but that's just me! Starbucks over-roast their coffee beans too! ;-)

Great MOC. Brick on Buddy!

Nice work. I like the not so usual architecture with the curved glass wall. My favourite details are the custom prints, as they really show the Starbucks' offer. You managed to create a modern, yet recognizable cafe, and I'd love to surf the web/read a book while enjoying Chai Tea Latte.

As a former Starbucks barista, I have to say the interior is spot on! The exterior, on the other hand, is much cooler than any Starbucks I've seen (although the one inside an REI comes close), so fantastic job!

Starbucks can only with they had such an AWESOME place!

LOL. Thanks for your comment

Wow...I don't know where to start with the praise. What a brilliant piece of not only Lego design, but architectural design. The curved glass wall is brilliantly done, with the glass portal entrance! The details are carried out perfectly and your wee staff uniforms (aprons) and barista is excellent. I love the roof garden with its Giant Coffee on the corner! All your exterior aesthetics are great, switched the grooved bricks really brings, what would have been a bland wall of colour, to life!

My only teeny weeny gripe...and I loathe to say it as this is such a great MOC...is the Roof Terrace depth at the corner that overhangs the curved wall space below. I think it looks a wee bit thin and unsupported. Whilst this is achievable in legoness :blush: I always like MOCs that still have some structural realism...its doesnt have to be thicker or chunky...but perhaps have some sort of cool structure or supports that makes it look less suspended.

Great work and you have just gained anoter flickr follower :tongue:

Thanks for your comment to point out the unsupported structure. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it here. I agreed on your say and It's a very valuable input for me. I may try to avoid this to happen on the coming MOC. thanks again :)

Thanks and appreciate on the comments from you guys here. It's great to hear your opinion and this definitely will motive me to work better! :classic: