Paul Boratko

2015 Twin Assassin Supercars: P.D. Special and X19

Oh Blakbird, soooo many awesome builds in 1 photo, makes me wish I had enough parts to build all of them. :sceptic:

Fantastic news. I've been waiting to build this. Blakbird, do you know when the instructions will be ready and how much they will be? I would love to get started on it this weekend. I think I have just about everything that I will need.

Fantastic news. I've been waiting to build this. Blakbird, do you know when the instructions will be ready and how much they will be? I would love to get started on it this weekend. I think I have just about everything that I will need.

As long as my webmaster isn't too busy, they should be up this weekend.. Maybe even tomorrow.. As far as what the cost will be, even though Eric has put in a ridiculous amount of time into doing 3 versions, we are still going to keep the cost low... $12 for all 3 downloads..

Edited by Paul Boratko

The parts:

640x478.jpg

So when you make other people's MOCs do you buy all of the parts? Obviously not common ones like axles and pins but if so what is a rough estimate of how much this cost to build?

Are the instructions available? I'll be more than happy to buy them.

If you want to build it in those exact colors, blue being pretty expensive and the 41999 wheels are rare and expensive as well. My guess is around €300 if you buy them all

But chances are, you may have some and it'll be lower.

The instructions apparently will be up this weekend hopefully.

Yeah definitely not going to buy those rims! :grin:

I am currently building the blue/white police version. I'm guess I am a little late to post a full review given that Blakbird beat me to it as far as the photo sequence of the parts and build. I will still make a video though and provide commentary on my thoughts about the model and how it compares to other supercars. I think I have all the same models assembled that Blakbird shows in his pictures (except the T6 winner) so that should be a nice video.

Edited by Osuharding1

I am currently building the blue/white police version. I'm guess I am a little late to post a full review given that Blakbird beat me to it as far as the photo sequence of the parts and build. I will still make a video though and provide commentary on my thoughts about the model and how it compares to other supercars. I think I have all the same models assembled that Blakbird shows in his pictures (except the T6 winner) so that should be a nice video.

I didn't write a review, I just posted some pictures. Please feel free to write one.

Any update on when to expect instructions to be available? It would save my refresh button some work, anyway :)

Yes, this is something that I too would like to know. Paul gave me early chassis instructions quite some time ago to try out and it is superb. I would very much like to finish the model now :laugh: Also would like to see OSU's full review.

My webmaster was on holiday over the weekend and couldn't get anything setup for me.. The instructions should be up tomorrow...

Tan pins/axles got mostly lower friction...

No, it has nothing to do with friction in this case. The tan 4l axle has a stop in the middle which prevents it from migrating out of its supports if installed properly. It was introduced in 9398 for explicitly this purpose.

Have my model finished up and as expected, it is really good. Lots of clever techniques used. Instructions were very clear and easy to follow. 3 versions for only 12 bucks was a great deal. Great work Paul and Eric.

Ok, here is my 2nd Assassin that I have built. I chose to do it in black and yellow. Since there is no yellow bionicle tooth in yellow, I asked Paul for his opinion on how to do the seats and he sent me a picture of how to do the seats with slopes instead, so the credit for these seats goes to him. I honestly think they look better than the original way that are in the instructions, but that is just me.

This is probably my favorite car from crowkillers even though the functions are somewhat limited. The gearbox and chassis design alone are worth the price of the instructions, not to mention you get 3 versions that all have a different construction for each model and not just the color swap. The total build time was right around 8 hours for me.

I am going to start off with the meat and potatoes of the model, the transmission. Even though the gearbox system is cleverly designed and works so well, if you try to switch gears fast in a diagonal motion like in the 8880, it is possible to engage 2 gears at once because of the play in the driving rings themselves. But then again, I don't know of any other designs besides the 8880 transmission plate and stick that you can even do that on(shift diagonally). The positive is if you do engage 2 at once it is easy to fix since the levers and driving rings are very easy to access. I know that the gearbox is not meant to be shifted like this, but it was just something that I felt was worth noting. The gearbox design in general is quite slick and unique and performs as expected.

The suspension both front and back work great as does the steering either with the wheel or the H.O.G. The doors, hood, and hatch all open and close nicely, especially the doors. I do feel that the rear hatch should maybe tilt back a bit further though.

Also I got a mail from Paul a few days ago that there was a small error concerning the tan axles in the side mirror area. When I built mine, I somehow built it correctly by accident. In the instructions this error moves the side mirror section out a half of a stud. It is very easy to fix.

The best thing about this design is that there just seem to be so many variations to do and the model is quite mod friendly. I am already thinking about my next version to do. There are a lot of nifty little techniques used in this model that I have not seen in any other MOCs and it is definitely worth a build. Not to mention it just looks great.

I give this model and is design a very solid 9/10.

I apologize for the crappy pictures.

rs1.jpg

rs5.jpg

rs3.jpg

rs2.jpg

rs4.jpg

rs7.jpg

rs6.jpg

rs9.jpgrs8.jpg

I love this car. I'm building it now and am really impressed. What I'm not impressed by is that it hasn't been front paged or put in the Hall of Fame yet. I officially nominate this for both... Jim?

rs1.jpg

Very Nice... Yellow and Black always seem to go together well.. The Enzo wheel covers look pretty cool as well..

Those yellow seats came out much better than I had anticipated..! When I sent you those pics with the DBG parts, I was a bit skeptical... I think I am going to place an order for some orange parts and do the seats in my Black & Orange model like that... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi Crowkiller fans :wink:

I also have my 3rd Assassin ready , this is the Blue Police car. It is not 100% finished because I dont have all parts in blue but I think it looks already awesome!

The Assassin is my absolut favorite car and as already said before by Meatman it has very interesting build techniques and must be build by anyone who loves technic cars! :laugh:

13.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

14.jpeg

11.jpg

12.jpeg