PaddyBricksplitter

[MOC] Icecream Space Marine

This is my first time posting an MOC here so I hope I've done it right.

This is inspired by space marine Terminator armor from Warhammer 40K and The Ice Cream Machine from The Lego Movie.

16219039377_104d50a0e8_c.jpg

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter

Space Ice Cream, Space Ice Cream, SPACE ICE CREAM ! :grin:

Well that's Benny would say....... :laugh: ......anyway AWESOME mecha though I wonder how many favours eh ? :laugh:

Brick On with ice cream 'PaddyBricksplitter' ! :grin:

Now this is one interesting mix, and you pulled it off well. Nice one!

Edited by bacem

Lol! I thought "Revenge of the Ice cream man!"

I don't know much about warhammer 40K, so I can't comment on that aspect.

The mech looks and must feel very sturdy. The Ice Cream gun is for firing at annoying custumers I suppose? :grin:

The White, Lime green, Pink and Yellow colours are so... Ice cream van?

I would say that this should be the official 'ground' alternate model of the Ice cream machine set.

Maybe its a Ice cream van transformer? The possibilities!

I love this!

Edited by fossil1999

Thanks all. I know Warhammer 40K is not really well known (including by me) but it's aesthetic is pretty influential in Sci-Fi.

Any space marine in video games etc has it's roots there. For example Gears of War draws heavily on it. So I chucked it in the mix with The Ice Cream Machine.

Anyway I edited the pages and made sure the images were the right size. I think I have it figured out now so I don't look like such a bungling noob (for now) :D

Thanks all. I know Warhammer 40K is not really well known (including by me) but it's aesthetic is pretty influential in Sci-Fi.

Any space marine in video games etc has it's roots there. For example Gears of War draws heavily on it. So I chucked it in the mix with The Ice Cream Machine.

Anyway I edited the pages and made sure the images were the right size. I think I have it figured out now so I don't look like such a bungling noob (for now) :D

Well GW is a UK based company, and Eurobricks is worldwide. I agree that they have mad a big impact on modern sci-fi, though not all of their content is original.

I really like the whimsy of this build. Looks like a mecha built from the Ice Cream Machine. Good build!

Andy D

Well GW is a UK based company, and Eurobricks is worldwide. I agree that they have mad a big impact on modern sci-fi, though not all of their content is original.

It was on my radar in the early 90's through the board game "Space Crusade" which I guess was a mainstream game in the U.K. I had no idea what it was apart from that. I recently got Space Hulk on ipad and loved it and looked it up online. It certainly looks cool. And there are loads of Lego builds of 40K stuff.

I'm curious you say not all their content is original. Is there other stuff out there like it? My inner nerd needs to know.

I really like the whimsy of this build. Looks like a mecha built from the Ice Cream Machine. Good build!

Andy D

That's exactly what it is :) such a fun set, loads of good colours.

This is definately the "coolest" mech I have seen in a while. :tongue: Like the color choice!

I also agree this should have been more of the Ice Cream Machine alternate build instead of what it was.