Sign in to follow this  
Spader

The Emergence of Truth

16501488732_2b18ea440e.jpg

As Jarl Arian and I sat by the fire, he continued the talk he began when Lydia's father was rescued.

“Logan, I have been meaning to tell you something. Something I should have told you three years ago, when you tuned 14.

“What?” My curiosity was roused.

“I want you on the war council. You inherited your father's mind,” he continued. “And he was an excellent battlefield commander.”

“Well, sure. But why me? Wouldn't Wulf be a better choice?”

Arian looked around the room, making sure no one was within ear-shot.

“I'm going to resign as Jarl of Skaljarik,” he said, dropping the gauntlet.

“Why?” I asked, wondering what would prompt such a decision.

“Because I'm going to be head of the Jarl Council in Arkadia. And Wulf is going to be Jarl here.”

I was shocked. “But what about the Voyageur?”

“That will be yours,” he said. But then he suddenly grew grim. “Before I go, there is something you should know.”

“What?”

“Logan,” he began. “I think there is something you need to know. What do you know of your father?”

“Only that he was a hero, and a battlefield commander.”

Arian looked at me, and I could almost see his eyes watering. What was this about? Arian dived into the storyhe felt I needed to know.

“Logan, your father was an excellent tactician. But back in our war with Nocturnus, your father was on a mission with Lydia's father & uncle. Part of our force was hopelessly cornered, and your father decided to send a force to try and save them. It was a suicide mission, and everyone knew it. Your father offered to go himself, but the command wouldn't let him. You inherited much of his cunning,” Arian continued, his voice growing shaky. “Seeing no alternative, your father sent Lydia's uncle on the mission. No one made it back. And worse still, Lydia's father, Olaf, told yours that he was scum, and hated him ever since. If Olaf finds out who your father is, he may hate you as well.”

“But what is your involvement, Jarl Arian?”

“I was there. I felt responsible, because I refused to go on the mission. Olaf didn't remember me, I was a boy younger than you at the time.”

I looked into Arian's eyes, and saw an ocean of grief. But I saw he wasn't finished.

“Logan, your father died saving my life. It seems a poor repayment that I refused to associate with you for a while. But,” he said, brightening considerably. “Your destiny, and Lydia's, and intertwined. I don't know how, but they are. And that means whatever Olaf think of you, you must not abandon Lydia. Her path and yours are together, and the two of you can achieve greatness. But only if you work together.

16501489472_f6d0b3ab7f.jpg

Just then, one of the servants burst in, and said, “Jarl Arian, there's something you must see!”

It was laid on his desk, and it proved to be a price on someone's head. It was written in ancient Nocturnian, and only Arian could read it. Who that someone was, I had no idea.

“Who's head do they want,” I asked.

16315040090_ed8a7781db.jpg

Arian looked at me, giving me a serious expression.

“Yours”.

16502497325_9e792370bc.jpg

Without figs

16314764468_ea25379900.jpg

Builder's Notes: A quick build, but I think I captured the "Viking Great Hall" look quite well.

Author's Notes: This was important to write at some point, giving backround to Logan's father. I think the story turned out well.

Tell me what you think!

Give us your head!

(OOC) What a wonderfull build and story! I like the darkened scene with the lightbrick, excellent photography and figure posing! :thumbup:

Excellent story, it's great that you are fleshing out your characters background a bit more :thumbup:

As far as the build goes, the stone floor and lighted fireplace are awesome, and I like the chairs, weapons' rack, hat-stand and table :classic:

I might try using a little bit of yellow light on the build to make things a tad more visible though... but I haven't tried it myself yet so I'm not really sure whether it would improve the aspect of the build or not.

Give us your head!

(OOC) What a wonderfull build and story! I like the darkened scene with the lightbrick, excellent photography and figure posing! :thumbup:

Thanks!

I like the story, but the build is great! The lighting gives it a great atmosphere!

Thanks! Yeah, I love using the lightbrick whenever possible.

Excellent story, it's great that you are fleshing out your characters background a bit more :thumbup:

As far as the build goes, the stone floor and lighted fireplace are awesome, and I like the chairs, weapons' rack, hat-stand and table :classic:

I might try using a little bit of yellow light on the build to make things a tad more visible though... but I haven't tried it myself yet so I'm not really sure whether it would improve the aspect of the build or not.

Duly noted. Thanks for the comment!

Story is good!

Interesting development/complicated background + cliffhanger!

Pics are fine - lighting works out extremely well.

Thanks!

I have to agree you captured to viking hall look well. The lighting was well done and story's plot development is good. Overall wonderful job.

I have to agree you captured to viking hall look well. The lighting was well done and story's plot development is good. Overall wonderful job.

Thanks for the comment, and the compliment.

Good interior scene, I like the stone floor and wooden wall :thumbup:

While the darker pictures are pretty neat to give an interesting atmosphere, and fire effect, it would be nice to have one well lit overview picture so we can see the details better :classic:

Great continuation of the story, looking forward to more! The build is nice too, the wood blends nicely with the bley floor. The lighted fireplace, of course, is a wonderful touch. The decorations and interior touches are well done as well. Keep it up!

Good interior scene, I like the stone floor and wooden wall :thumbup:

While the darker pictures are pretty neat to give an interesting atmosphere, and fire effect, it would be nice to have one well lit overview picture so we can see the details better :classic:

Yeah, sorry about the ovr pic..or lack thereof. Thanks for the comment!

Great continuation of the story, looking forward to more! The build is nice too, the wood blends nicely with the bley floor. The lighted fireplace, of course, is a wonderful touch. The decorations and interior touches are well done as well. Keep it up!

Thanks for the comment!