Somewhere in Nocturnus . . .

"The biggest bloodbath you can imagine! More than most of you will see in this lifetime!" So Ravaage's captain had promised. The people of the Iw-Ngem tribe had believed him, and enthusiastically signed up to join Raavage's forces.

At first, they had been disappointed when they discovered the mis-communication about bloodbaths. Then, they were horrified by the dishonorable methods of their fellow troops. After the battle, though, the Iw-Ngem people were left in despair, as the Black Spire continued to destroy the land and people of their beloved guild, long after the fight had supposedly ended.

In secret, the Iw-Ngem sent the young warrior Quchqal to pledge their loyalty to Lord Vladivus and his resistance. Quchqal still had a long journey before he reached Shadowmere, though he expected to run into scouts and distrust as he got nearer.

16497741291_2a9148e131.jpg

Quchqal stopped in his tracks. He couldn't believe his eyes! A bloodbath! A true bloodbath! A thick red swampy spring, bubbling mysteriously just so, with delicious slimy black algae coating the banks -- Quchqal couldn't believe his luck. He hadn't had a proper bloodbath since . . . well.

This must be a good omen, he decided; Set had sent him a sign he was on the right path for his people. He quickly shed his helmet and blade and prepared to dive in, clothes and all.

15879340343_dfecf15c3c.jpg

Builder's notes:

It was time for a quick break from the barren dry landscape of Ruadh! I hope Nocturnians find it pleasing. :classic:

I'd like to claim UoP Credits for:

Landscape Design: Trees (1 of 3)

Hydrology: Still Water

Geography: Swamp

Edited by SarahJoy

Haha, Sarah going evil, who would have thought that! Anyway, nice build and I hope next time you do something in the snow!

Very nice build! The swamp and vegetation look great :thumbup:

Edit: +1 UoP for all credits :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Nice job, Sarah! I really like the bushiness of the tree. I'm not quite sure about the base though. Perhaps make it uneven or have the base come up and have tiles or something cut of the land.

Good job :thumbup:

The young warrior has been spotted, and will be taken to Shadowmere- Drax, Moruth Ranger Captain.

Ooc- very cool! Nice idea with the bloodbath! And great story!

Glad to hear the Nocturnian resistance grows stronger by the day!Z

Great work Sarah, it's awesome to see you branching out, especially into Nocturnus! (We have spots open, if you want to do the right thing and join us haha!)

Excellent job on the swampy environment, and the bloodbath is an awesome concept. I love the excited look of Quchqal (I think my co-worker looked at me funny when I tried to pronounce that name aloud). The tree design is great, though I'll admit I'm a little unsure about using such a variety of leaf color in one tree. I think having the big tree one color, and then some smaller trees around it in other colors, would look a bit more realistic. But then again, this is Nocty so who knows what kind of wild trees are growing out there!

Ah, more troops to aid the cause!

(OOC) You made a excellent moc, lovely landscaping and love the idea that blood springs from the ground, it fits very well with the blood fountains that can be found all over nocturnus! :thumbup:

Haha, Sarah going evil, who would have thought that! Anyway, nice build and I hope next time you do something in the snow!

Thanks, kabel! I have a Mitgardian build in mind, but I need to amass more white slopes first. :)

Very nice build! The swamp and vegetation look great :thumbup:

Thank you!

Nice work! the swamp is well done!

Thanks!

Nice job, Sarah! I really like the bushiness of the tree. I'm not quite sure about the base though. Perhaps make it uneven or have the base come up and have tiles or something cut of the land.

Good job :thumbup:

Thanks, Robin! I see what you mean about the base -- the tree could use some more gnarly-looking roots.

The young warrior has been spotted, and will be taken to Shadowmere- Drax, Moruth Ranger Captain.

Ooc- very cool! Nice idea with the bloodbath! And great story!

Thanks, Lord Vlad! Glad you liked it!

You have done Nocturnus proud. The landscaping is well done.

Thank you!

"a proper bloodbath" ... I had not expected such a dark topic from your side...

Ok, no edelred this time, but still a fine creation!

It's not all rainbows and sunshine over here. :tongue: Thanks!

Glad to hear the Nocturnian resistance grows stronger by the day!Z

Great work Sarah, it's awesome to see you branching out, especially into Nocturnus! (We have spots open, if you want to do the right thing and join us haha!)

Excellent job on the swampy environment, and the bloodbath is an awesome concept. I love the excited look of Quchqal (I think my co-worker looked at me funny when I tried to pronounce that name aloud). The tree design is great, though I'll admit I'm a little unsure about using such a variety of leaf color in one tree. I think having the big tree one color, and then some smaller trees around it in other colors, would look a bit more realistic. But then again, this is Nocty so who knows what kind of wild trees are growing out there!

Thanks, ME! Quchqal is, um, Klingon for "happy bath", if that helps you with the pronunciation any. :laugh: The tribe name means "blood forest."

I agree I may have gotten a little color-happy with the leaf pieces, but as you point out, Nocty is the place for WTF-ery. Maybe it's the influence of the bloodbath?

Ah, more troops to aid the cause!

(OOC) You made a excellent moc, lovely landscaping and love the idea that blood springs from the ground, it fits very well with the blood fountains that can be found all over nocturnus! :thumbup:

Thanks, Jorrith! I had this one built and waiting to photograph when I saw your recent collab -- serendipitous timing! I'm glad my little build plays well with y'all's epic series.

Edited by SarahJoy

Good build, great story, and I really like how you support the ongoing collab! That's right in the heart of the true GoH spirit.

(The above does not represent any official GoH policy, but is purely the author's own beliefs :grin: )

Thanks, Robin! I see what you mean about the base -- the tree could use some more gnarly-looking roots.

The tree looks great :wub: ,I meant the base of the whole MOC. What I was suggesting was adding a layer of black tiles around the edges or something. :wink:

Very interesting build, not sure if I want to think about where the blood comes from :look: ... :laugh:

Great to see you trying a build set in another guild, I like the ground texturing and plant life :thumbup:

This is pretty cool. Clever and rich names, as always!

Thanks, McC! And thanks to the Bing Klingon translator -- I knew what I wanted the names to sound like, but it's nice to have a (even fictional) linguistic reference point. :classic:

Good build, great story, and I really like how you support the ongoing collab! That's right in the heart of the true GoH spiritâ„¢.

(The above does not represent any official GoH policy, but is purely the author's own beliefs :grin: )

Thanks Bregir! I agree, I like it when independent builds embrace the common threads that hold our world together.

The tree looks great :wub: ,I meant the base of the whole MOC. What I was suggesting was adding a layer of black tiles around the edges or something. :wink:

Oh! I see what you mean. At some point, I'll play with formal "framing" bases.

The ground is since and stony without looking barren. This is a nice build!

Thank you, Carson!

Very interesting build, not sure if I want to think about where the blood comes from :look: ... :laugh:

Great to see you trying a build set in another guild, I like the ground texturing and plant life :thumbup:

:laugh: Frankly, neither do I!

I don't have the bricks to do anything larger-scale in other geographies, but it was really refreshing to venture out of the desert! Thank you for your compliments.