Thanks for your nice comment Bacem, They can hold a minifig inside under the curved pieces. But I did'nt display them since the opening of the cockpit was not very easy (you have to split the mecha in two pieces) and I didn't have time to make cockpits more detailed. Maybe later I can build a vignette of how the deploy a pilot inside :laugh:

Exactly that! think your design and concept alone are perfect enough as they are BUT if the mechas could hold minifigs inside it' be even better - I would think somewhere behind their big bellies which I would make transparent for that reason rather than opaque, what do you think about the idea?

Good idea but when I designed these mechs I wanted them to be realistic. So I picked big metal colored pieces to build cockpits. Trans colored pieces are a bit unrealistic or (if you think them as forcefield or something) a bit extreme scifi for my taste. You are recommending to place trans colored piece on backside but I dont want them to be vulnerable on the back. Many thanks for advice, I will soon add some photos of deployment of a fig inside.

You are recommending to place trans colored piece on backside but I dont want them to be vulnerable on the back.

No, no, no - I was definitely not, maybe we just didn't understand each other... :wink:

Anyway wishing you all the best to add it somehow there + who knows, maybe in such a far future stuff like "transparent materials with implemented force fields" will not be any extreme scify... :grin:

No, no, no - I was definitely not, maybe we just didn't understand each other... :wink:

Anyway wishing you all the best to add it somehow there + who knows, maybe in such a far future stuff like "transparent materials with implemented force fields" will not be any extreme scify... :grin:

Actually I love trans colored pieces but I don't like them on military variants. I especially love this piece for example :D http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2409 And I feel lucky that I have a trans yellow one :laugh:

This is amazing! :oh: Very creative!

You should submit this on LEGO Ideas

Thank you Robert8