Concrete truck Mk II. After the first attempt where things were there were scaling issues I had another crack at it today.

Ideas are to have 8 wheels so twin steer. Both drive axles and simple sturdy construction.

The functions are:

1. L motor for drive.
  2. Servo motor for steering.
  3. L motor for the mixing bowl.
  4. M motor for the chute.

Manual functions will be opening doors, cab tilt and chute swing from side to side.

16311196369_0bc2c490ae.jpg

15874915374_5629e18535.jpg

Little suggestion: why not rotating the L motor 90 degrees? so will save space between the drum and the cabin!

Bytheway I love the red frame!!!!!!

Little suggestion: why not rotating the L motor 90 degrees? so will save space between the drum and the cabin!

Bytheway I love the red frame!!!!!!

G'day everyone and thank you for your comments. I decided not to turn the motor for 2 reasons, 1 I just have enough room and for strength in the gearing and to avoid slipping for when the bowl is full.

what are The main difference between this And The mk I ?

The difference is the MkI was a failed attempt scale wise it is a few pages back as a TS6 WP.

Looking good! Will you make it until the deadline?

I hope ill finish it on time, it will be close.

Cheers. :classic:

Made a little more to the truck. Took Rishab N advice and added a larger motor. Started with a 4 cylinder, then 5 and then a v8. Took a bit to decide on what truck to loosely base it on and went for the Freightliner Argosy. The roof I think needs to be a stud or 2 higher not sure. the side step folds out and in when you open and close the doors. the blue pins under the battery case are for the 9v battery box so that it can accommodate either one. the side tanks hold one IR receiver each or the Sbrick (or two). This being my first attempt at a large scale truck its all new here. :classic:

16329426057_074dfd703c_z.jpg

16327865920_b4d7efa258_z.jpg

16327597748_c5d0af1e44_z.jpg

15895155053_48f7dd888d_z.jpg

16514286742_c3f66aecdc_z.jpg

i think that a gray motor will be better than the transparent one,what do You think?

curious about The drum it will make The difference ;)

Edited by PKW

Great front design and way better proportions than Mk1. It was worth the restart.

Wow man, this looks amazing! I prefer to build cars, but this is an awesome truck. I'll definitely build it, if instructions are available.

My progress so far is this. Its almost finished, just have to support the bowl, find a spot for the chutes and some rear mudguards. I can see why the Lego group havent done a concrete truck cause the bowls are a nightmare.

15909111924_ff02970f31_z.jpg

16505674276_97eb136133_z.jpg

The bowl

15911503673_2792963953_z.jpg

Inside the bowl, Looks like something from a horror movie.

16505683356_9f5330705a_z.jpg

Wow, this is the best drum from Technic I've seen so far!!! It feels it should be a bit longer, but still great. Are the inside blades good enough to actually unload some bricks? The only thing that you are missing is a water tank behind the cab. Otherwise great job :-)

I decided not to make it longer because of how many lego pieces are needed and the weight of the bowl, its the heaviest part of the truck. The bowl does work. D'oh the water tank, Oh well like the old twin stick Mack, Left side water and right side fuel.

Edited by jono.rocky

Holy crap that is fantastic! :wub_drool: Makes my loader look like red crap on wheels. Excellent work!