GallardoLU

[MOC] KTM X-Bow

OK, continuing the current trend of building cars intended to give some competition to the up coming Speed Champion cars I've been hard at work on a 6-wide KTM X-Bow. this little speed machine was built to take on the most technical raceways and put out Ferrari level times for a fraction of the cost. Our resident Octane driver liked the car so much he has been begging me for one. so with out further ado here is my latest MOC.

EDIT: LDD file added to mocpages entry: LDD KTM X-BOW

16312087967_de0dbaf878.jpg

The X-Bow uses a turbocharged four-cylinder 2.0 litre Audi engine which produces 237 hp, in a car weighing only 790kg!

16472021256_f83dd04357.jpg

This beast can run 0-60mph in a short 3.9 seconds.

16496281121_52918e182a.jpg

the slot in the orange body panels is meant to resemble a Crossbow which to takes its name from.

15875461314_cb19d8c159.jpg

and here is our happy new owner! i bet he can't wait to start enjoying this little roadster!

16496288221_3b33f5ef90.jpg

Comparison pic with the Endurance racer, which shares a wheel base and height, but overall length is shorter on the KTM (3 whole studs shorter)

as always Comments and Critiques are welcomed, hope you liked it!

Edited by GallardoLU

Wow, that's instantly recognizable! Great work on all of the panels and shaping. How long did it take you to put this together?

Wow, that's instantly recognizable! Great work on all of the panels and shaping. How long did it take you to put this together?

From start to finish it took about 4 hours, most of that time was figuring out how to get the chassis shaped well enough that I could start the panel work. I also had to some rebuilding to get the front mudguards added in.

No way now. This is so damn slick.

Any way to get a hardtop on that?

I hadn't even considered doing a hardtop, I’ll have to look into that. Edited by GallardoLU

I hadn't even considered doing a hardtop, I’ll have to look into that.

Clue: that soft-top X-Bow.

Any way to get a hardtop on that?

well i said I'd look into getting a hard top on it and here is the result, I'm not overly thrilled with the final result but it is as low a roof line as i could create and still fit the driver in. also i did not have an orange roof piece available and instead of assaulting everyone's eyes with a neon green roof i jumped into LDD for this one.

16321056859_47d02748d8.jpg

I'll be uploading the LDD files a bit later, and will update this thread when those are up with a link to where they can be found should anyone be interested in them.

Wait, now, man. Have a look at this one:

njxlmvg1jole2mhaleer.jpg

Autoscribes like this one here on Jalopnik's Black Flag sub-blog, says this is the KTM X-Bow GTR, which will race in the GT4 race car category. Looks like it'd need the new windscreens if made in brick, but the back seems to be A-OK.

Don't worry, because, as per usual, I'll get this one up on the Speed Champs theme as pertinent car news.

Edited by XAxles

Superb, you've captured the detail and look brilliantly. Tbh I think the hard top version almost spoils what you have achieved with the original design. Anyway, a windscreen on a X-Bow....how else would you melt your face off :grin:

that KTM X-Bow GTR looks amazing, I am going to hold off modifying my X-Bow until the Speed champion canopy is available. could be just what I need (along with some design rework) to attempt a X-Bow GTR.

@gazumpty, I agree completely, I’m not a fan of the real car with a roof and my attempt (which I’ll be honest was kind of a lazy one) isn’t any better. The original Model much like the original car was never intended to be covered.

So, while I wait for the new theme to arrive, I think I’ll work on a completely different car; I’ve done 2 modern cars recently time for something from yesteryear :classic:

So, while I wait for the new theme to arrive, I think I’ll work on a completely different car; I’ve done 2 modern cars recently time for something from yesteryear :classic:

Meanwhile, the news. At least of me.

oh, yeah forgot about the LDD file I had promised. I'll add the file to my MOC pages account in a few hours. (around 6pm Eastern time)

thanks for the file ... just downing LDD for the first time now

:)

Edited by Raj_UK