Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

3 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

What they could do is give us one with a type 2 cowl, classic light flesh head (not black head with flesh printed on, it looks terrible.), slightly updated torso, the utility belt from LBM, and duel molded legs with black tights printed on, and an spongy cape, of course. But I'll try not to wishlist too much.

And especially since Batman is going back to wearing it in the comics soon, it would be the perfect time to give remake that Batsuit again. Though I feel like they'd just make the suit in Dark Bluish Gray instead of Light Bluish Gray this time, with the belt printing being Tan instead of Yellow, and dual molded boots.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

BTW, just to keep you guys updated, Ben Affleck is supposed to help produce The Batman, but he's not starring in it. This means that they're going to hire a younger actor to play the world's greatest detective, and they'll probably change the Batsuit to sell toys. I'll leave to speculating on what the suit will look like to the professionals, though. Oh, and they'll probably start shooting sometime in spring, so it's most likely going to be mid-late 2020 when the movie comes out, so we have a year and a half to speculate. Yay.

And The Flash is rumored to begin shooting in early 2019, so there's that. I'm almost 100% sure Ezra Miller will stay as the Flash, but who knows what could happen.

37 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

And especially since Batman is going back to wearing it in the comics soon, it would be the perfect time to give remake that Batsuit again. Though I feel like they'd just make the suit in Dark Bluish Gray instead of Light Bluish Gray this time, with the belt printing being Tan instead of Yellow, and dual molded boots.

I hope they stick to the same general design, with maybe a few tweaks here and there, but nothing like changing the color or anything. Since they made the Rebirth Batsuit a light bluish gray (even though a dark bluish gray would be a little bit more accurate IMO), I think they'll do the same here. Like you said, they'll probably do duel molded boots along with it.

Image result for rebirth batman

I'd like if they didn't print his belt, and instead gave him the belt accessory from TLBM, makes him look a little taller and bigger (like more of a brawler) and makes the sidekicks look that much shorter. 

17 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

BTW, just to keep you guys updated, Ben Affleck is supposed to help produce The Batman, but he's not starring in it. This means that they're going to hire a younger actor to play the world's greatest detective, and they'll probably change the Batsuit to sell toys. I'll leave to speculating on what the suit will look like to the professionals, though. Oh, and they'll probably start shooting sometime in spring, so it's most likely going to be mid-late 2020 when the movie comes out, so we have a year and a half to speculate. Yay.

We don't know that he's not starring in it or any details about the plot or what kind of story is being told. Affleck is listed as a producer and production is supposed to start early next spring. Matt Reeves is still directing and it's not based on any existing story, but otherwise we don't know anything for certain.

Something else I want to bring to everyones attention, is that March 2020 will be the 60th Anniversary of the Justice League. I'd imagine Lego is probably holding back on a Hall of Justice set so they can release it then.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:32 PM, Mountain Drew said:

Something else I want to bring to everyones attention, is that March 2020 will be the 60th Anniversary of the Justice League. I'd imagine Lego is probably holding back on a Hall of Justice set so they can release it then.

Why would you put such dreams in my heart? :cry_happy:

I just got the updated DC Superheroes Visual Dictionary in the mail. TBH I would just buy the Yellow Lantern Batman, the book isn't all that interesting. It's basically just a bunch of bios of the characters and 2-3 pages showing behind the scenes on how they design the sets for movies and stuff.

This really isn't surprising though, since the minifig is bait for the collectors and the book itself seems to be meant for the kids.

So, kinda surprised no one's mentioned this, but we've gotten leaks of a new Aquaman minifig and an Ocean Master! Ocean Master is basically the same design from the D2V movie, but Aquaman looks more like a combo of the DCEU Aquaman and the classic one, with the new dreadlocks hair in classic yellow, a new bearded face, and a new, simpler version of the classic torso. Word is the set will also feature the Caped Crusader in another underwater vehicle. 

This seems really odd to me, personally, since we've just gotten a proper movie-based set for Aquaman, and with a movie under his belt, it seems odd that Lego would think Batman necessary to sell an Aquaman set. Maybe DC wanted two Aquaman sets and Lego wasn't too confident about it after the Justice League Aquaman set didn't do so hot?

It certainly looks that way. Wonder Woman only got one set, which was a big step down from MoS, BvS and JL. I guess they Legofied Orm for the movie and couldn’t waste an opportunity. I would have been happier with a set showing off the amazing sea creatures, a bit like a grown up version of the SDCC set. 

On 11/8/2018 at 5:30 PM, RedHoodPug said:

It certainly looks that way. Wonder Woman only got one set, which was a big step down from MoS, BvS and JL. I guess they Legofied Orm for the movie and couldn’t waste an opportunity. I would have been happier with a set showing off the amazing sea creatures, a bit like a grown up version of the SDCC set. 

Honestly, that would've made all the sense in the world. The set's coming out after the movie releases, so they wouldn't be spoiling that chunk of the film (which they seem to want to keep under wraps). The builds would've been crazy-interesting. They could've recycled some of the same Aquaman prints from the current set, if not the whole figure, rather than making a brand-new Aquaman. Doing movie Ocean Master and a goon or two would easily fill out the set's minifig quota. There's no aquatic theme on shelves right now to compete with (or vice versa). 

There's just no reason not to, apart from a lack of faith in the IP. Do you think this is something we might see going forward? Fewer sets based on DC movies and more comic-based sets loosely tying into them?

On 11/12/2018 at 5:27 AM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Honestly, that would've made all the sense in the world. The set's coming out after the movie releases, so they wouldn't be spoiling that chunk of the film (which they seem to want to keep under wraps). The builds would've been crazy-interesting. They could've recycled some of the same Aquaman prints from the current set, if not the whole figure, rather than making a brand-new Aquaman. Doing movie Ocean Master and a goon or two would easily fill out the set's minifig quota. There's no aquatic theme on shelves right now to compete with (or vice versa). 

There's just no reason not to, apart from a lack of faith in the IP. Do you think this is something we might see going forward? Fewer sets based on DC movies and more comic-based sets loosely tying into them?

I am torn on the subject, because the movie figs are really nicely done but don’t necessarily fit next to comic-based figs. I didn’t like movie Flash, and the only things I really liked about JL were the Batmobile and tactical suit. On the other hand this may well be the one and only time we see Mera. I don’t know whether they figured that there was only one sets worth in Wonder Woman, which is a shame if so, or whether they felt that it wasn’t going to be the hit that it was, which is cynical and a bit wait-and-see. 

I get the feeling that we are only going to see Shazam appear in a movie tie-in set, which would be odd if they carry on down this path and we eventually get Black Adam, but in comics guise. My main concern is that the new/revamped Batman sub theme is intended to supplement the main theme rather than replace it.

11 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I get the feeling that we are only going to see Shazam appear in a movie tie-in set, which would be odd if they carry on down this path and we eventually get Black Adam, but in comics guise. 

I don't think there will be that big of a disparity if we eventually get a comic Black Adam. From what we've seen of the movie Shazam minifigure, he looks like a modified New 52 Shazam and would fit pretty well next to a minifigure with a comic design.

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic or if this is already mentioned, but on this Dutch site for what I think counts as a Lego store they list an upcoming 2019 Lego DC Batman theme. Does anyone know more of this? And no the lego batman movie and Lego superheroes already have their own place in the store so that can't be it.

https://m.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-dc-batmanhtml.html

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic or if this is already mentioned, but on this Dutch site for what I think counts as a Lego store they list an upcoming 2019 Lego DC Batman theme. Does anyone know more of this? And no the lego batman movie and Lego superheroes already have their own place in the store so that can't be it.

https://m.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-dc-batmanhtml.html

Well, Spider-Man has got his own sub-theme/catagory now, so I'd assume it's the same case for Bats

On 11/15/2018 at 3:12 PM, Duncan Young said:

Well, Spider-Man has got his own sub-theme/catagory now, so I'd assume it's the same case for Bats

That definitely looks like the case, but the scary thing is that in both cases we don't know whether those are the exception to the main theme or the rule. It's not impossible that the only superhero sets we get from here on are Batman, Spider-Man, and whatever movie tie-ins come up.

Without talking spoilers, there's definitely gotta be a corporate reason we didn't get three Aquaman sets at least. Like, there are bare minimum four more great set-worthy scenes in this movie that are totally within their wheelhouse, so either Lego's not psyched on DC movie sets anymore or WB wasn't confident enough in the movie to do much merchandising. 

For those wondering, here are my 4 set ideas - SPOILER WARNING

Spoiler

1. Aquaman vs Ocean Master Gladiator Battle - $20-$30
                           This set would include a small build for the Ring of Fire, including a rock-throwing play feature, but the real star of the show would Mera's ship. Similar in size to the two smaller GotG2 sets, and including Arthur and Orm in gladiator gear, as well as Mera                             (possibly Vulko if they wanted to be generous)

2. Black Manta Attack - $30-$40
                           This set would be a nice playset filled with exploding play features, with Sicilian architecture and possibly a small statue garden. Figures would include Arthur in more casual clothes, Black Manta, at least one Atlantean soldier, and possibly Mera.                                         Something similar in size to the Prince of Persia Fight for the Dagger set. 
3. The War for Atlantis - $80-$100
                           This one would see a massive sea creature build, as well as smaller builds for the Sea Dragons and Atlantean ships. This one definitely has Aquaman, Ocean Master, Nereus, and some various soldiers from the many kingdoms - maybe Mera in her                                   crown if they can spare it. I'd put it on par with the LEGO Batman Movie's Scuttler set, with some extra cost from the multiple side builds. 
4. Atlan's Tomb - $10-$15
                           A small set, maybe with a play feature or two, of the resting place of Atlan's trident. We'd have a little stone throne build with Atlan's skeleton in it (in this case, the usual Aquaman minifig with a skull head and some sort of crown) holding the trident.                                     Aquaman would be wearing whatever it was he wore in that scene (I genuinely can't remember, he might've been shirtless?) and we'd probably throw a normal skeleton with a helmet or a spear off to the side - that way you could give Arthur Atlan's                                     armor and pop Atlan's head and crown onto the skeleton! Maybe the waterfall is also included, a la Pirates of the Caribbean's Fountain of Youth. They could even bump it up to $20 if they felt like including Atlanna in her fish suit, but that might be a bit of                             spoiler.

I'm more interested in discussing the first point than the set ideas, but I figured I should include them for the sake of proving my point that this movie could've easily justified a wave of sets.

I haven’t seen it yet but from what I have read it sits with Wonder Woman rather than Justice League, which will be what burned Lego’s fingers. I have a feeling that those reviewers that don’t get it haven’t actually approached the source material. I would love to have seen some more in-depth sets, given the vibrancy and diversity of characters. It makes me yearn for the original Atlantis theme which produced a temple that’s stupidly hard to get hold of in the UK, and then it’s over £100. Hopefully this will swing back in favour of more DC sets in future.

Saw the film today and there are a lot of set-possibilities with great designs.

Spoiler

Meras Ship, the stingray fighters, these exoskeleton-like speeders of the fishermen kingdom... Not to mention all the different creatures. A lot to choose from.

I think Lego is cautious with movie-tie-in-sets for "smaller" films. It's not only DC, Marvel gets this treatment as well. Maybe they won't oversaturate the superheroes like they did with other themes and licenses...

On 12/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, Plissken said:

Saw the film today and there are a lot of set-possibilities with great designs.

Reveal hidden contents

Meras Ship, the stingray fighters, these exoskeleton-like speeders of the fishermen kingdom... Not to mention all the different creatures. A lot to choose from.

I think Lego is cautious with movie-tie-in-sets for "smaller" films. It's not only DC, Marvel gets this treatment as well. Maybe they won't oversaturate the superheroes like they did with other themes and licenses...

On 12/23/2018 at 6:24 AM, RedHoodPug said:

I haven’t seen it yet but from what I have read it sits with Wonder Woman rather than Justice League, which will be what burned Lego’s fingers. I have a feeling that those reviewers that don’t get it haven’t actually approached the source material. I would love to have seen some more in-depth sets, given the vibrancy and diversity of characters. It makes me yearn for the original Atlantis theme which produced a temple that’s stupidly hard to get hold of in the UK, and then it’s over £100. Hopefully this will swing back in favour of more DC sets in future.

Let's look at that, actually. The only Marvel movies to be relegated to a single set are the Ant-Man movies - Black Panther, Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, all of these got two sets. Ant-Man's the only one that gets the short end (no pun intended), and the Ant-Man movies are the least successful MCU franchise - sitting at the bottom with Thor, Incredible Hulk, and First Avenger in terms of box office sales. Barely escaping the bottom five is the only other MCU movie to get only one set - Doctor Strange (the best one, don't @ me). The only post-Avengers movie to go without a set is Thor: The Dark World, which also sits with both Ant-Man movies and the original non-Iron Man movies at the bottom of the financial totem pole. So, in terms of Marvel movies, LEGO's now giving at least one set to every movie, but how many seems to be based on how well they're predicted to do.

On the other side - that being DC's movies - there's no clear correlation between financial success and number of sets. Wonder Woman did the best, followed by Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Man of Steel, and Justice League respectively. Every DC movie has had a wave of three sets (if we count the unlabeled tie-ins we got for Suicide Squad - which didn't get proper sets because of its title) except for Wonder Woman and now Aquaman (whose box office is yet to be seen). I think it's no real secret why Wonder Woman only got one set (and why Captain Marvel is only getting one set) - hint: it's institutionalized misogyny and the artificial gendered division of the toy industry (i.e. boys don't buy toys of girls and girls don't buy toys that aren't dolls or ponies). I'd say the reason that Aquaman got the shaft is because every other DCEU movie has left toy companies with too much unsold product, especially if it's not Batman - and from what I've heard, that was especially true of Justice League's most affordable set, which was a solo Aquaman set. 

DC's at a very chaotic place right now, where no one is really sure what to expect next. Surefire hits like a Batman/Superman team-up, a Suicide Squad movie, and Justice League missed, while their biggest successes are a female-led superhero movie (something studios only just recently realized wasn't a promise of financial failure) and making a joke from the Entourage come to life. Big names like Batman, Flash, and Superman are disappearing from production schedules and are being replaced with relative unknowns like Shazam and the Birds of Prey. A new movie is announced every twenty minutes and no one's terribly sure which ones are gonna die in early production or make it to theaters. Marvel, on the other hand, is selling predictability. Every company that seeks to profit from a Marvel Studios production has a pretty solid idea of how much they're going to make from it and that idea is rarely wrong. DC doesn't have that luxury, so it seems to merely be a guessing game for their merchandising partners. If Aquaman is a sign, and Shazam! turns out to be as popular as its trailer, then we stand a chance at guessing the numbers before it's too late, meaning more products for the movies we like and less for the ones we don't. 

tl;dr: Marvel sets are based on predicted box office success. DC sets are all just a crap shoot. Once Shazam! comes, we might get more sets for the movies we want them from. 

Leaked photos have surfaced of a new Riddler torso. It's not the one from LEGO DC Supervillains, and I can't quite nail down it's source material (probably closest to the New 52 design) but it's a lime green suit jacket with a black dress shirt underneath, a purple tie with a lime question mark on it. Oh, and purple gloves. 

Apparently we're also supposed to get another Two-Face in a new Batcave set??

35 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Leaked photos have surfaced of a new Riddler torso. It's not the one from LEGO DC Supervillains, and I can't quite nail down it's source material (probably closest to the New 52 design) but it's a lime green suit jacket with a black dress shirt underneath, a purple tie with a lime question mark on it. Oh, and purple gloves. 

Apparently we're also supposed to get another Two-Face in a new Batcave set??

Yeah, the Riddler suit was talked about a week or so ago on the 2019 thread. Looks great.

As for Two-Face, I'm just glad to get a new one. Discounting the LBM versions, this'll be the first time since 2012 we'll get a new Harvey, so I'm hoping if nothing else, they give him a scowl instead of the grin seen then. 

Come on full Animated Series style Two-Face or Arkham games Two-Face, either one will do just fine. It'll save my wallet from buying the 7781 Batmobile set on eBay for a ridiculous amount of money or trying to find a new version of the minifigure on Bricklink.

Image result for two face black and white suit                                                                                                          Image result for arkham city two face

Edited by MisterBatfleck

19 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Come on full Animated Series style Two-Face or Arkham games Two-Face, either one will do just fine. It'll save my wallet from buying the 7781 Batmobile set on eBay for a ridiculous amount of money or trying to find a new version of the minifigure on Bricklink.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the one from LEGO DC Supervillains, honestly. 

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd