Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

On 5/22/2018 at 7:55 PM, saysonder said:

Artwork of the new upcoming DC Super Hero Girls cartoon was showcased today. It isn’t related to the already existing series with the same name we have Lego sets of. Assuming that theme is cancelled, I wonder if there’s an possibility of sets based off of this cartoon?

It’d be nice to have minifigure versions of Bumblebee, Zatanna and this variant of Jessica Cruz. Batgirl even looks similar to TLBM Batgirl, but for all I know her suit may have been purple and yellow in other media I’m not aware of.

This is supposed to be a reboot of DC Superhero Girls, something that wouldn't happen if they didn't intend to revitalize the toyline to match. I'd say we'll see sets based on it, but they'll probably still be minidolls. I'm not sure I'd want our first Zatanna to look like that anyway (even if it is one of my more favorite designs from that bunch). Bumblebee might come sooner than later, given she was a member of both the Teen Titans and the Doom Patrol - both of whom are getting shows on the DC streaming service. That added in with the DCSHG spotlight could help her pop up in the near future. Batgirl's costume from the '66 tv show was purple and yellow, as is her most recent costume in the comics. The purple and yellow is usually the color scheme they go with when they pitch her to younger kids, especially girls (when they're not using pink for some ungodly reason).

On 5/23/2018 at 11:22 AM, MakkaG15 said:

I feel like we'll get 2 sets for this

I'm not willing to make any solid calls on that until we get a trailer. Right now I'm not sure there're enough figures to justify two sets, since the only major characters we know about for sure are Billy and Doctor Sivana. If Superman has more than a cameo, I'd say two sets. If there's any inkling of us seeing the proper Marvel family (who've all been cast for this) all suited up and kicking megablocks, I'd kick that number up to three just to fit them all in - assuming it's not a huge spoiler.

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Right now I'm not sure there're enough figures to justify two sets, since the only major characters we know about for sure are Billy and Doctor Sivana. If Superman has more than a cameo, I'd say two sets.

I’m inclined to go down the one set route; Shazam and Sivana - who is going to look like Hugo Strange without the beard anyway - with a mad contraption. A second set guess to me would be Shazam, Billy and the wizard in some sort of origin story type thing.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m inclined to go down the one set route; Shazam and Sivana - who is going to look like Hugo Strange without the beard anyway - with a mad contraption. A second set guess to me would be Shazam, Billy and the wizard in some sort of origin story type thing.

Yeah, whatever the set, I reckon we'll get some kind of turntable that'll turn Billy into Shazam and back, like in the various Bat-Cave sets

They will probably do 1 set for each 'lesser' movie. That's what Marvel gets and same goes for DC. I don't mind as I would rather get some comic based sets rather than movie based sets as we get more diversity in the comic based ones. I do however look forward to the Shazam set because we haven't got a Shazam figure for the mass market. 

Been waiting patiently for a non-exclusive minifigure Shazam! Anything extra would be gravy. 

If /when LEGO decides to make them... how soon would we see a set (or sets) for this movie come out? 

1 hour ago, BitByBrick said:

Been waiting patiently for a non-exclusive minifigure Shazam! Anything extra would be gravy. 

If /when LEGO decides to make them... how soon would we see a set (or sets) for this movie come out? 

Well, the movie is set to release next April, so probably around then. I'm no expert on how these releases work, but if it were a January release I think we would've heard something about it by now, and they aren't going to wait four months to merch it.

Anyone even know when we will see LEGO “leaked” set list of dc comics seat in 2019?!?!? Like just give me some predictions on when u think we see the first leak 

2 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Anyone even know when we will see LEGO “leaked” set list of dc comics seat in 2019?!?!? Like just give me some predictions on when u think we see the first leak 

Patience my friend, it’ll be late June/early July.

3 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I hope we never get another Green Lantern set. EVER.

Why? Let me guess! Have you seen sets pictures for a 2019 GL set and hate it?

8 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Why would you say such a thing like that? Are you perhaps just teasing @JosiahJVL:shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

That crossed my mind too.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Why would you say such a thing like that? Are you perhaps just teasing @JosiahJVL:shrug_confused:

10 hours ago, J4ck said:

Why? Let me guess! Have you seen sets pictures for a 2019 GL set and hate it?

Lmao I hope he just saw a bad set design Bc it’s better than nothing 

14 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Wait seriously why did u say that?

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

He thinks I'm a LEGO designer and has now started PMing me about how much he wants Green Lantern sets. As if I couldn't tell from 99.9% of his posts. It's getting beyond tiresome and crossed the line into invasive. This is supposed to be a forum for adults and that is not adult behavior.

1 hour ago, rob-ot5000 said:

He thinks I'm a LEGO designer and has now started PMing me about how much he wants Green Lantern sets. As if I couldn't tell from 99.9% of his posts. It's getting beyond tiresome and crossed the line into invasive. This is supposed to be a forum for adults and that is not adult behavior.

Whatever I’ll leave 

I’m trying to pitch ideas but nah y’all want the same old boring bs.... nothing new just flash Batman and Superman but whatever idc this is megablocks anyways no knew LEGO leaks aren’t even coming out anything soon so bye u 

6 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Whatever I’ll leave 

I’m trying to pitch ideas but nah y’all want the same old boring bs.... nothing new just flash Batman and Superman but whatever idc this is megablocks anyways no knew LEGO leaks aren’t even coming out anything soon so bye u 

Clearly not read many pages or comments in this thread. Anyhoo...

13 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Whatever I’ll leave 

Patience Padawan.

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

Patience for what?

There is a likelihood that a set not involving the trinity or Flash, in time. I don’t know how good those odds are but it’s still possible. Repeating your desired set over and over to other AFOLs is not going to change the odds. So, as J4ck said, patience. We all want different sets, and dreaming them up is part of the fun. It stops being fun when you have voiced the same idea enough times for others to notice. The DCU is vast, and there are myriad characters who aren’t Lanterns of any colour, but are just as deserving of a set as them. As for the flagship names, they sell, and TLG aren’t going to give that up.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

There is a likelihood that a set not involving the trinity or Flash, in time. I don’t know how good those odds are but it’s still possible. Repeating your desired set over and over to other AFOLs is not going to change the odds. So, as J4ck said, patience. We all want different sets, and dreaming them up is part of the fun. It stops being fun when you have voiced the same idea enough times for others to notice. The DCU is vast, and there are myriad characters who aren’t Lanterns of any colour, but are just as deserving of a set as them. As for the flagship names, they sell, and TLG aren’t going to give that up.

And to add to that beautiful paragraph:

The sets are targeted at older children and they won’t know some of the other characters, children know Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and the Flash so they’re selling them, it’ll take time but it’ll happen young padawan.

I for example would like to see characters like a comic book Lois Lane, Comics Jimmy Olsen, Woozy Winks, Mavis Trent, Perry White, Alfred, Comics Iris West and other citizens in peril but I don't annoy everybody on the thread by spamming comments about it.

The book isn't coming out until at least September. I'm sure they'll reveal which character comes with it when it gets close to the release date. The listing mentions a minifigure. I hope it isn't Tempest. The custom I bought of him was so well made, I'd hate to have to give it away after getting an official version. I hope that if they ever do make Tempest that they use similar parts to my custom. Maybe just different expressions. I'd hate for the $20 bucks I spent on him to be wasted.

Edited by barneynedward

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, JosiahJVL said:

Whatever I’ll leave 

You don't have to leave, just be a bit more conscientious. We're all DC fans here. Just this year brought my favorite DC character yet: Firestorm! Sure, he's no Woozy Winks, but that's still a pretty deep cut for a brand that keeps churning out Batman. Personally, I'd love any and all DC characters, cuz that's my jam. Atrocitus? Hell yeah! Ma Hunkel? Alright! Woozy Winks? FINALLY! But repeating the same point ad infinitum does nothing but annoy your peers. We totally understand how you feel, but you have to try to understand how WE feel. 

Cheers, mate.

And for the record, my most desired GL figure would be 90's-era crab-shaped-mask Kyle Rayner. That dude is an artist, you could give him literally ANY type of construction and it would make sense, as long as it looked cool. GL corps really do just beg to be made into creator-style 3-in-1 sets.

(But I want Dr. Fate more than ANYTHING.)

Edited by rob-ot5000

And for the record, my most desired GL figure would be 90's-era crab-shaped-mask Kyle Rayner. That dude is an artist, you could give him literally ANY type of construction and it would make sense, as long as it looked cool. GL corps really do just beg to be made into creator-style 3-in-1 sets.

(But I want Dr. Fate more than ANYTHING.)

Me and @Digger of Bricks discussed the 3 in 1 potential before, I’d be disappointed if they didn’t do something similar. It’d be awesome to see Dr Fate’s helmet piece, could be useful.