Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

I’m still surprised that what may be my favourite batsuit after the desert armour is coming in a small, regular set featuring Talons. Ace’s depiction kind of makes it a bit cheesy, though. Still, I’ll be happy when it’s out.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's what I thought afterwards when I saw this image posted by @Catanas over on the DC 2018 topic. Too bad, as it would have been a great opportunity to introduce the short-eared cowl in Gunmetal Metallic Grey. :sceptic:

batman-9-bat-iron-man.jpg

im still annoyed we didnt get one for BvS

Is there ANY info on aquaman sets? over on the star wars topic theyre discussing 2019 already! aquaman sets should come out around august-september! is thee anything? any reliable info? any non reliable info?

40 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

im still annoyed we didnt get one for BvS

Same here, and this variant could have remedied that, but it didn't. :sad:

On 2018-05-11 at 12:16 AM, J4ck said:

Ooo good point! Do you think they will use a normal cat mould but obviously a different print or a whole new mould altogether?

I’m thinking it would have to be a dual-molded part, so that would require a whole new mold I believe. 

According to Mariopower on Instagram, we're going to get a new Black Manta figure soon, one that looks like it's coming from the movie! So the Aquaman movie is almost definitely getting some sets, and we may actually get our first look at the cinematic Black Manta soon!!

7 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

So the Aquaman movie is almost definitely getting some sets, and we may actually get our first look at the cinematic Black Manta soon!!

I'm surprised that we haven't even seen a trailer for the film yet.

We’re are the lantern corps sets at? Like c’mon now we get lanterns in stupid books and movies but no sets?! Like can we pls get atrocious, saint walker, killawog, larfleeze, Starr sapphire, indigo-1 in 2019 these are long overdue characters 

8 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

We’re are the lantern corps sets at? Like c’mon now we get lanterns in stupid books and movies but no sets?! Like can we pls get atrocious, saint walker, killawog, larfleeze, Starr sapphire, indigo-1 in 2019 these are long overdue characters 

Perhaps Lego has figured that playsets centered primarily around the Corps. just wouldn't sell that well. The thing is, I don't know why they just can't shoehorn related characters (whether they be Corps. or their adversaries) into Batman and/or Justice League centric playsets instead, like the initially did with that first one from 2015. 

5 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps Lego has figured that playsets centered primarily around the Corps. just wouldn't sell that well. The thing is, I don't know why they just can't shoehorn related characters (whether they be Corps. or their adversaries) into Batman and/or Justice League centric playsets instead, like the initially did with that first one from 2015. 

But what I’m saying is 2019.... can we at least see some of those characters in sets..... hint hint ;) (for any LEGO designers on this thread)

18 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

But what I’m saying is 2019.... can we at least see some of those characters in sets..... hint hint ;) (for any LEGO designers on this thread)

I do know of a few prominent Lego designers who are Eurobricks members, but not only are they somewhat inactive, I don't believe any of them have ever worked on any non-D2C Marvel/DC Super Heroes playsets in the past anyway.

10 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

According to Mariopower on Instagram, we're going to get a new Black Manta figure soon, one that looks like it's coming from the movie! So the Aquaman movie is almost definitely getting some sets, and we may actually get our first look at the cinematic Black Manta soon!!

I feel like it will just reuse the black manta helmet mold we already have. 

7 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I feel like it will just reuse the black manta helmet mold we already have. 

Correct.

its so funny, i bring up something, theres a leak about it not long after, in 2017 i was asking almost everywhere about justice league sets, 1 hour later, preliminaries leaked

for those who havent seen the black manta yet (or batwoman for that matter) its on the relevant reddit

i reckon therell be one £30 set for aquaman and 1 £20 set much like black panther, i reckon the £30 one will feature mera, aquaman, manta and maybe a manta thug and a shark, the £20 one will feature aquaman, ocean master and someone else, this is pure speculation, no insider knowledge

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm surprised that we haven't even seen a trailer for the film yet.

It's because James Wan has said that he wants the VFX to look as perfect as possible before they release a trailer so that people don't start complaining about how the effects don't look good.

And Black Manta looking just like the comic minifigure isn't surprising, since those who've seen what he looks like at CinemaCon have said that appearance wise, Manta was ripped straight from the comics.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

My guess is only one aquaman set will retail between 30 and 40 dollars. It will include aquaman, mera, ocean master, and black manta

2 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Man F***all this aqua man stuff I want lantern corps like damn LEGO 

The difference is Aquaman has a movie coming out in December whereas nobody has heard anything about a Green Lantern Corps film in years. If the Aquaman sets and the winter wave sells well enough, Lego will know we have a greater interest in DC characters beyond Batman. Be thankful that they even gave us a Jessica Cruz GL, it could very well have been an Aquaman character 

I speculated in the Marvel thread on three mighty micros ideas if they continue the wave so I thought I’d do that here as well.

Aquaman Vs Black Manta

Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) vs Sinestro (white lantern version) 

Batman (Batman Beyond) vs Penguin (Rubber Ducky Vehicle)

7 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Aquaman Vs Black Manta

Following the release of the DCEU film, this seems like a definite given to me.

So now that the third DC summer set has been revealed (the app-controlled Batmobile), and it only contains one Batman figure, does anyone know what's up with the rumored Copperhead and Grundy figures? Is there a fourth retail-exclusive set that has not yet been announced? Were those rumors not actually true? Not trying to pester anyone to reveal additional information, just trying to get clarification on the existing rumors.

On 5/16/2018 at 4:55 AM, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) vs Sinestro (white lantern version) 

White lantern  in as mighty micros and as a villain? I wouldn't dispute any wish-list but as a guess I'd say it's unlikely, I'd think normal Sinestro, Atrositus or Larfleeze is more likely. :def_shrug:  

So we already know what coming out in agust a winter 2018 anyone know when we might start seeing 2019 leaks for dc comics my best is the same date as last year like around the start of June 

28 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

So we already know what coming out in agust a winter 2018 anyone know when we might start seeing 2019 leaks for dc comics my best is the same date as last year like around the start of June 

Two years are never the same. Considering past years there might be some kind of reveal at SDCC in late June. When there's information, it'll pop up until then, be patient, you remind me of my younger self.

23 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Two years are never the same. Considering past years there might be some kind of reveal at SDCC in late June. When there's information, it'll pop up until then, be patient, you remind me of my younger self.

23 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Lmao I’ve been mad at LEGO since 2015 for not putting out more GL sets, and a lot of GL figures are popping up so I have a strong feeling we getting some Gl figures in 2019 so I can’t wait 

8 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Lmao I’ve been mad at LEGO since 2015 for not putting out more GL sets, and a lot of GL figures are popping up so I have a strong feeling we getting some Gl figures in 2019 so I can’t wait 

It would be awesome, especially now TLBM is finished, we can get sets that are not bat-centric, not that I don't like Batman, I do.