Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

Compared to other DC properties that are being cinematically adapted into the farther future, I know it may have less of a chance of Lego tie-in products being attached to it, but I'm personally hoping that we'll see something done for that Steven Spielberg produced Blackhawk movie whenever it may roll around into theaters. :shrug_oh_well:

Looking at the dc super villians game, I'm guessing that we'll get another joker copter next year. 

51 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Looking at the dc super villians game, I'm guessing that we'll get another joker copter next year. 

That'd be nice and all but I'm not so sure. The Copter in the game appears to be exactly the same as the '66 Bat-Copter, albiet with a different colour scheme and the addition of a tow cable

20 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

That'd be nice and all but I'm not so sure. The Copter in the game appears to be exactly the same as the '66 Bat-Copter, albiet with a different colour scheme and the addition of a tow cable

Oh I hadn't noticed it was a recolour, still I expect that we'll get that new Joker somehow, it wouldn't make sense to have a non-physical minifigure front and centre. Not that that's stopped them before cough 'Mr.Incredible' cough. 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Oh I hadn't noticed it was a recolour, still I expect that we'll get that new Joker somehow, it wouldn't make sense to have a non-physical minifigure front and centre. Not that that's stopped them before cough 'Mr.Incredible' cough. 

Cough 'New 52 Superman' Cough 'Kang the Conqueror' Cough 'Lord Vortech' Cough

22 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Maybe another Funhouse playset is in order, it would also give Lego a good opportunity to give us that awesome Commissioner Gordon minifig, perhaps as a hostage.

6 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Maybe another Funhouse playset is in order, it would also give Lego a good opportunity to give us that awesome Commissioner Gordon minifig, perhaps as a hostage.

Really!? We’ve already had three!!

Yeah, no more Joker for a while please. I'm sick and tired of him constantly being in sets when there's still so many villains that have never been made in Lego.

Well if another Funhouse is off the table, then how about a Jokermobile, that's something we haven't gotten yet, not unless you count the Lowrider as a Jokermobile. Although I find it more likely that we'll just get some random side build for the Joker instead of an actual vehicle.Image result for lego jokermobile

Just now, Mountain Drew said:

Well if another Funhouse is off the table, then how about a Jokermobile, that's something we haven't gotten yet, not unless you count the Lowrider as a Jokermobile. Although I find it more likely that we'll just get some random side build for the Joker instead of an actual vehicle.

I'm disappointed that with all the villain vehicles in the Lego Batman Movie (including an Egghead mech) we didn't get a Catmobile or Moth-Copter.

I'd love a Jokermobile though.

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm disappointed that with all the villain vehicles in the Lego Batman Movie (including an Egghead mech) we didn't get a Catmobile or Moth-Copter.

I'd love a Jokermobile though.

MOTH COPTER, SIGN ME UP

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Yeah, no more Joker for a while please. I'm sick and tired of him constantly being in sets when there's still so many villains that have never been made in Lego.

Seconded!

Sadly, even though they have dozens of characters we haven't gotten in physical form yet, we'll probably get yet another Batmobile with a mediocre sidebuild, some $20 set that will include maybe 1 or 2 characters we've already gotten and some odd vehicle, and if we're lucky a somewhat-expensive 4th set that will include characters that are fan-favorites so that people would absolutely need to buy it to get them. And all of these will probably have some item that you need to collect, like how they the Infinity Stones. I'm not trying to be a nihilist, I'm just looking back on Lego's track record.

These prices don’t bode well for a set with Grundy, unless it is him, a small swamp/grave build and nothing else.

34 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

These prices don’t bode well for a set with Grundy, unless it is him, a small swamp/grave build and nothing else.

Maybe it’ll be a store exclusive?

2 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Maybe it’ll be a store exclusive?

I wouldn't count on it, store exclusives are usually no more than $30, and I don't think theres ever been bigfig in a $30 set. I could be wrong though, maybe Lego will give us a pleasant surprise for Christmas.

1 minute ago, Mountain Drew said:

I wouldn't count on it, store exclusives are usually no more than $30, and I don't think theres ever been bigfig in a $30 set. I could be wrong though, maybe Lego will give us a pleasant surprise for Christmas.

Actually there's been several larger retail exclusives- On the Marvel side, the Tanker truck takedown included four figures and cost £40. The Hydra Fortress was £50 and included four minifigures and a Big-Fig. And, in the UK at least, the original Funhouse was a retail exclusive as well and that included five figures. Even the Brainiac set, which  was £30, included  four minifigs, three of which were exclusive, the same with the Ra's Al Ghul set, which cost five pounds more. In fact the in-house themes have had numerous large retail exclusives, including the Arctic Icebreaker, The Croc Swamp Hideout, the City of Styx etc.

That doesn't mean that we'll actually get a large retail set, or even that we'll get a third set at all, just that there's a precedence for these things.

2 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

The original Hulkbuster set from Age of Ultron came with Hulk and was $30

Edited by The Pearson

I heard a rumor regarding a swamp set that includes Swamp Thing? Or, well, I heard two separate rumors: one that we'd get a Swamp Thing figure and another that we're getting a swamp set, which seem like they'd overlap. Grundy would make sense - he is a big deal villain that hasn't made the jump yet - but I don't know how exactly you'd confuse the two, even in preliminary stages.. 

48 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I heard a rumor regarding a swamp set that includes Swamp Thing? Or, well, I heard two separate rumors: one that we'd get a Swamp Thing figure and another that we're getting a swamp set, which seem like they'd overlap. Grundy would make sense - he is a big deal villain that hasn't made the jump yet - but I don't know how exactly you'd confuse the two, even in preliminary stages.. 

Now is this Swamp Thing, as in the giant DC plant monster, or is this Man Thing, as in the giant Marvel plant monster. Because there's some rumour to Man Thing appearing in a set this winter over in the Marvel threads

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Now is this Swamp Thing, as in the giant DC plant monster, or is this Man Thing, as in the giant Marvel plant monster. Because there's some rumour to Man Thing appearing in a set this winter over in the Marvel threads

No, I heard we were getting Swamp Thing on the DC end, and Daredevil and Lizard on the Marvel end. 

4 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

No, I heard we were getting Swamp Thing on the DC end, and Daredevil and Lizard on the Marvel end. 

So that takes rhe tally to 3 sets?

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

So you are saying the Marvel Man Thing swamp set rumors was actually a Swamp Thing set for DC? (I don’t blame confusion because these names are ridiculous)

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

So that takes rhe tally to 3 sets?

On the DC end, I only saw 2. Marvel's getting a few more than three if I remember correctly. To be fair, my source is someone's Instagram story, and not a small someone either. I don't know if I can name names but I'm pretty sure it was someone with a vintage Spider-Man profile pic who shares a name with a three-eyed primate from the end of Jimmy Neutron cartoons, if that's not clear enough. Someone might wanna double-check on that, just to make sure I didn't overlook something.

You know what I'm really hoping for is the 2006 Hush Batsuit, updated of course. If you don't know what I'm talking about it's the Batsuit we saw in the first wave of Batman sets way back in 2006. It's still a classic minifig to me.

Image result for lego batman 2006

What they could do is give us one with a type 2 cowl, classic light flesh head (not black head with flesh printed on, it looks terrible.), slightly updated torso, the utility belt from LBM, and duel molded legs with black tights printed on, and an spongy cape, of course. But I'll try not to wishlist too much.

Image result for hush batsuit

Edited by Mountain Drew