Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Flash from the DCU?

You mean Ezra Miller's Flash from 2017's Justice League?

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Which characters could use the new legs introduced in the Harry Potter CMFs?

One of the Robins, right? At least Dick Grayson but not Tim Drake or Damian Wayne.

Flash from the DCU?

Technically all the Robins could use the new legs since they were all kids/pre-teens when they became Robin. Hopefully the leg pieces eventually come in different colors, then we can finally have a proper teenage Robin who isn't as tall as Batman.

I already know Penguin is going to benefit greatly from those new legs, he'll finally be able to move after all these years.

Even the Credence Barebone figure in that series can now give people the chance to make a DCEU Barry Allen (since they're both portrayed by Ezra Miller).

Edited by MisterBatfleck

On 6/27/2018 at 7:53 PM, Robert8 said:

One of the Robins, right? At least Dick Grayson but not Tim Drake or Damian Wayne.

Flash from the DCU?

Dick and Tim both, honestly. I'd say all the sidekicks and maybe Jimmy Olsen. Stargirl would be great, especially if she came with a STRIPE figure or even build. Batgirls could go either way. Wrong thread, but maybe Wolverine? :tongue: I can't think of any Barry we've ever had that would justify those legs, though. The cool thing about this theme is that the characters usually age to a degree, so these new shorter legs aren't going to do as much continuity damage as they could in a lot of others. Everyone I've mentioned so far could just as easily be done with the existing legs without it being inaccurate. Even the Harry Potter sets are suffering from that already, but we're leg-proof! Yay! :grin:

On 6/28/2018 at 2:21 AM, MisterBatfleck said:

Technically all the Robins could use the new legs since they were all kids/pre-teens when they became Robin. Hopefully the leg pieces eventually come in different colors, then we can finally have a proper teenage Robin who isn't as tall as Batman.

I think Damian needs to keep the short legs. He's a small fry, and a lot younger than Dick, Jason, and Tim usually are. 

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

On 6/27/2018 at 7:53 PM, Robert8 said:

Flash from the DCU?

Maybe Dex-Starr. In the off chance we get a set based on Green Lanterns in the near future, I would love Atrocitus and Dex-Starr figures. As a matter of fact, we already got a look at what an Atrocitus fig would look like in that Lego Aquaman movie

38 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Maybe Dex-Starr. In the off chance we get a set based on Green Lanterns in the near future, I would love Atrocitus and Dex-Starr figures. As a matter of fact, we already got a look at what an Atrocitus fig would look like in that Lego Aquaman movie

I'd much rather the traditional crouched cat, painted like Dex-starr. Dex-starr is the cat.....right?

1 hour ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I'd much rather the traditional crouched cat, painted like Dex-starr. Dex-starr is the cat.....right?

I think the red lantern suit on a regular cat piece would have to be too detailed for Lego to produce, but either way, I'd be happy

On 7/10/2018 at 2:09 AM, J4ck said:

I feel this cat would be good but with a ring molded onto the tail and all the necessary red lantern printing.

https://brickset.com/parts/6182674/cat-no-2-no-2

From existing pieces, that would be the best option, but I think if we get Dex-Starr at any point he'll be getting a new mold like Krypto and Ace did. That way they can get a satisfying-to-play-with Dex-Starr and Streaky out of it (and maybe Hairball over at Marvel I guess? Not as many super-cats as super-dogs, it seems..)

17 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Doesn't Dex-Starr grow or something in the comics? or am I imagining things

That would certainly be news to me!

You know, if we do indeed see at least one playset done for 2019's Shazam!, I could see the minifigure of its titular character utilizing a White recolor of TLBM Robin's cape:

s_217365213893798210903211.jpg&w=1100&q=

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, if we do indeed see at least one playset done for 2019's Shazam!, I could see the minifigure of its titular character utilizing a White recolor of TLBM Robin's cape:

Just for size or also with the sparkly side? I could be okay with either, but I do hope they're ambitious enough to print the little gold pattern on it!

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

While I am 100% behind a Shazam figure - because that brings a Black Adam figure one step closer to me - his cape is similar in form to the CMF Highwayman’s, with the short cape over the top, so he would need an extra bit as well.

Still rooting for a Batson/Shazam transformation set. 

This needs to be a thing. This REALLY needs to be a thing

15 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Given the helmet is made from an existing mold - something the Lego D2V movie guys don't really bother with much - I'd say it very well could be on the way. Aren't there more winter sets we don't know about yet? I saw a post detailing the one Aquaman set we're getting (another Manta sub with Black Manta, Aquaman, and Mera for $30 with 235 pieces) and we saw the Firefly set, but isn't there another one we haven't seen yet?

21 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:
5 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Given the helmet is made from an existing mold - something the Lego D2V movie guys don't really bother with much - I'd say it very well could be on the way. Aren't there more winter sets we don't know about yet? I saw a post detailing the one Aquaman set we're getting (another Manta sub with Black Manta, Aquaman, and Mera for $30 with 235 pieces) and we saw the Firefly set, but isn't there another one we haven't seen yet?

3 hours ago, dgherko said:

Yes Ocean Master please please

I don't want to be the bearer of the bad news, but I don't think we'll get him in the Aquaman 2018 set. 

58 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't want to be the bearer of the bad news, but I don't think we'll get him in the Aquaman 2018 set. 

I'm fairly fine with that (purely because I don't know how he'll look in the film), I just want this comic book version in a future set

I'm guessing that IF (major if here, since the animated movies are not renowned for showing off soon-to-arrive figs) we get this, or a similar Ocean Master figure, it won't be until next year's sets alongside the new Batmech set. For another comics JL-lineup of sets they'll probably have different rogues galleries represented in each set like they did last time in 2015; each villain or group of villains came from a different general group.

23 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Perhaps he's just been embellished a bit for that non-physical depiction, but there are a few unrealistic details seen on that figure, namely the printing on the lower side of the torso and the cuffs printed all the way around.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps he's just been embellished a bit for that non-physical depiction, but there are a few unrealistic details seen on that figure, namely the printing on the lower side of the torso and the cuffs printed all the way around.

They do cuff and side torso printing on nearly all the movie characters for some reason, including ones that have had a physical release

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

They do cuff and side torso printing on nearly all the movie characters for some reason, including ones that have had a physical release

Not to mention, in retrospect, that those "cuffs" actually look more like dual molding as opposed to mere printing.

Are we only getting one Aquaman set? Because the movie Ocean Master looks an awful lot like that, and he's supposed to be the main antagonist (with Manta being a secondary villain being set up to be the big bad for Aquaman 2). 

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Are we only getting one Aquaman set? Because the movie Ocean Master looks an awful lot like that, and he's supposed to be the main antagonist (with Manta being a secondary villain being set up to be the big bad for Aquaman 2). 

Does seem an odd set choice when you put it that way. On the one hand they could have done Orm (still might) with some big megablocks fish build and other undersea races, etc. On the other they have preemptively made a set for the sequel.

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Does seem an odd set choice when you put it that way. On the one hand they could have done Orm (still might) with some big megablocks fish build and other undersea races, etc. On the other they have preemptively made a set for the sequel.

I mean, sea monsters and the giant seahorse (in this case, a sea-dragon) are supposed to be a pretty big part of the movie, and that seems perfect for a set. Maybe after the movie, for spoiler protection? Or does Lego do that anymore?