Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

50 minutes ago, barneynedward said:

I don't know why they don't try making a green lantern DTV film for the DC animated movies universe. The people in charge of writing and directing those movies would be able to pull off a great film for the corps. There's got to be some GL storyline they could adapt. The DC animated films are much better received than the Live action GL film was and they're more successful too. If there was any way to improve Green Lantern's reputation, that would be it.

Hey maybe we will get a GL set in 2019 we can only keep our hopes up though I’m glad we at least got a John Stewart and Jessica Cruz 

On 5/29/2018 at 1:25 AM, J4ck said:

Me and @Digger of Bricks discussed the 3 in 1 potential before, I’d be disappointed if they didn’t do something similar. It’d be awesome to see Dr Fate’s helmet piece, could be useful.

Do U mean for 2019? Or.....

41 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Do U mean for 2019? Or.....

He never said anything about any particular year, only the potential for such in the undetermined near future.

6 hours ago, barneynedward said:

I don't know why they don't try making a green lantern DTV film for the DC animated movies universe. The people in charge of writing and directing those movies would be able to pull off a great film for the corps. There's got to be some GL storyline they could adapt. The DC animated films are much better received than the Live action GL film was and they're more successful too. If there was any way to improve Green Lantern's reputation, that would be it.

That movie did a lot of damage. There was a tie-in animated movie that was ok and a series that was original and brilliant, but the network cancelled it for reasons. There was even subliminal nods from WB with the Green Loontern appearing on Duck Dodgers. The comics trilogy that ended with Blackest Night was really well received, and spawned some good stories and excellent characters. The LB3 game played on that, eventually giving us a small set. Later we got John Stewart in a book, and Jessica Cruz is coming with a DVD. If Lego still haven’t used the GLC/Lanterns, you can still trace it back to a failed movie. It’s sad, but I think it would take more than a DTV to fix.

I have a good.... theory if u will on new LEGO sets so in the recent flash movie we see krypto the super dog, ace the bat hound and a gl squirrel (sorry idk his name) and notice how we have gotten ace the bat hound (comes out in attack of the talons sets in August) and since we haven’t gotten a gl set in a while and now we see atrocious in an upcoming movie with dex start (his house cat) we may be getting that squirrel gl figure and dexstarr and atrocious and green lantern in a 2019 set were as gl will team up with the squirrel to fight atrocitus and dexstarr (this only specuration take this with a grain of salt)

22 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I have a good.... theory if u will on new LEGO sets so in the recent flash movie we see krypto the super dog, ace the bat hound and a gl squirrel (sorry idk his name) and notice how we have gotten ace the bat hound (comes out in attack of the talons sets in August) and since we haven’t gotten a gl set in a while and now we see atrocious in an upcoming movie with dex start (his house cat) we may be getting that squirrel gl figure and dexstarr and atrocious and green lantern in a 2019 set were as gl will team up with the squirrel to fight atrocitus and dexstarr (this only specuration take this with a grain of salt)

Seems.... plausible, although I wouldn’t bet my money on it.

Good theory my dude.

18 hours ago, barneynedward said:

:cry_sad: I hope so.

3 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Giganta and Bizarro have appeared in previous films, yet (aside from a comiccon exclusive and Mighty Micro in Bizarro's case) they haven't had a commercial release.

I'm still hoping for a proper Doomsday big fig to release

17 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

That movie did a lot of damage. There was a tie-in animated movie that was ok and a series that was original and brilliant, but the network cancelled it for reasons. There was even subliminal nods from WB with the Green Loontern appearing on Duck Dodgers. The comics trilogy that ended with Blackest Night was really well received, and spawned some good stories and excellent characters. The LB3 game played on that, eventually giving us a small set. Later we got John Stewart in a book, and Jessica Cruz is coming with a DVD. If Lego still haven’t used the GLC/Lanterns, you can still trace it back to a failed movie. It’s sad, but I think it would take more than a DTV to fix.

The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy and Solo did a lot of damage. They still release Star Wars sets. 

I wonder if DC/WB has movie plans for Plastic Man. I mean on the Flash tv show, they just added a version of Elongated Man but they portrayed him as a skeevy character who becomes a better person after getting his powers. That's not Ralph Dibny that's the personality of Eel O'Brian. So I'm wondering if the writers and producers wanted to use Plastic Man but WB said no causing them to transplant his personality onto Ralph Dibny. 

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Giganta and Bizarro have appeared in previous films, yet (aside from a comiccon exclusive and Mighty Micro in Bizarro's case) they haven't had a commercial release.

I'm still hoping for a proper Doomsday big fig to release

So that was then... I’m talking about now what if LEGO wants something lanterns have showed up many times in the movies but none have came out maybe LEGO now changed that it kinda wierd they put atrocious as the main villain in the LEGO aqua man movie and not ocean master or black manta in this movie it appears that ocean master actually look like a good guy tho 

18 minutes ago, barneynedward said:

The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy and Solo did a lot of damage. They still release Star Wars sets. 

I wonder if DC/WB has movie plans for Plastic Man. I mean on the Flash tv show, they just added a version of Elongated Man but they portrayed him as a skeevy character who becomes a better person after getting his powers. That's not Ralph Dibny that's the personality of Eel O'Brian. So I'm wondering if the writers and producers wanted to use Plastic Man but WB said no causing them to transplant his personality onto Ralph Dibny. 

17 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Also a DTV would make sense because DC's Animated Movie Universe is very successful and popular. People would know from the trailer that it would be nothing like the Ryan Reynolds movie. By testing the waters with a DTV, they could find out just how many people are still fans of the Green Lantern Corps. It's not so much that the movie did damage, it's just that Warner is so afraid it might have done damage.

7 hours ago, barneynedward said:

It's not so much that the movie did damage, it's just that Warner is so afraid it might have done damage.

What, like damaging Ryan Reynolds’ career, getting mocked in two infinitely more successful movies, and even mocked more than once by the same company that made it? The GLC movie is in a state of production limbo. I’m not saying it won’t happen, I’m saying that once bitten twice shy applies here. The damage has been done, it’s how long lasting it is that matters.

8 hours ago, barneynedward said:

They still release prequel sets because the theme is evergreen. They released Solo sets before the film came out and the collective cry of meh was made.

8 hours ago, barneynedward said:

12 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

What, like damaging Ryan Reynolds’ career, getting mocked in two infinitely more successful movies, and even mocked more than once by the same company that made it? The GLC movie is in a state of production limbo. I’m not saying it won’t happen, I’m saying that once bitten twice shy applies here. The damage has been done, it’s how long lasting it is that matters.

They still release prequel sets because the theme is evergreen. They released Solo sets before the film came out and the collective cry of meh was made.

Can we please not.

Why are you talking about star wars films ,this is a DC comics thread?
The Solo film has only been out for nine days and not everyone has the time to see every film in the opening week so can we please not. 

The green lantern film did put the producers off the property, even going so far as to cancel GLTAS, but to me the film was much more enjoyable than the vast majority of the DCEU. 

And for your information they release prequel sets because they sell, because people like them and the films they're from. Don't  think that everybody hates them just because that what you expect, what you think they should think maybe? Recently starwars.com asked users to vote on which was the best star wars film, empire strikes back is unsurprisingly in first place, but second place is revenge of the Sith. Just because the media lambastes the films doesn't mean the public feels the same.

Sorry this was harsh and off-topic but I felt like it needed to be said.

So theme-wise I’m in the wrong place but the new TLM2 poster is out and shows Batman with some brutal looking armour and a new print. Fingers crossed it becomes a reality.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

So theme-wise I’m in the wrong place but the new TLM2 poster is out and shows Batman with some brutal looking armour and a new print. Fingers crossed it becomes a reality.

I highly dought it, if anything we will see sets based upon the dc villains game..... well not like sets with ONLY dc characters I mean like some new cars (bat mobile) and minifigures (dc and superheroes) in 2019 sets.... however that minifigure could come out in a lego movie specific set 

21 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I highly dought it, if anything we will see sets based upon the dc villains game..... well not like sets with ONLY dc characters I mean like some new cars (bat mobile) and minifigures (dc and superheroes) in 2019 sets.... however that minifigure could come out in a lego movie specific set 

Is there any reason you think that because lego haven't made sets out of one of their games before.

16 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Is there any reason you think that because lego haven't made sets out of one of their games before.

And this is a LEGO movie, they put 200% more effort into their own movie merchandise than any other themes

50 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

however that minifigure could come out in a lego movie specific set 

That’s what I meant. I’m well aware that it won’t appear in the Superheroes line, it’s a TLM2 image and their version of Batman is deliberately over the top. But if it isn’t ridiculously over the top then it can be incorporated into regular Batman MOCs, which I can dig.

42 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

We have seen vehicles in LEGO games come out a year later 

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

That’s what I meant. I’m well aware that it won’t appear in the Superheroes line, it’s a TLM2 image and their version of Batman is deliberately over the top. But if it isn’t ridiculously over the top then it can be incorporated into regular Batman MOCs, which I can dig.

Hell at this point I don’t think we will be getting a lot of LEGO sets in 2019, like no leaks have came and LEGO is way to focused on Harry Potter rn so I have big feel for a major let down in all other themes other than Harry Potter and TLM2 (sorry off topic but I think this needed to be said)

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

Hell at this point I don’t think we will be getting a lot of LEGO sets in 2019, like no leaks have came and LEGO is way to focused on Harry Potter rn so I have big feel for a major let down in all other themes other than Harry Potter and TLM2 (sorry off topic but I think this needed to be said)

What? It’s way to early for 2019 leaks. Be patient things will leak. Granted it is true most of legos licensed budget will be spent on lego movie 2 but I wouldn’t call it a major letdown 

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

They weren't from the games though, just travellers tales were shown the designs before the release of the sets.

16 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

They weren't from the games though, just travellers tales were shown the designs before the release of the sets.

Oh then maybe we will see 2019 sets from the game ;)

2 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Oh then maybe we will see 2019 sets from the game ;)

I think that happened with Lego batman 3, so it is certainly a possibility. :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think that happened with Lego batman 3, so it is certainly a possibility. :thumbup:

Yep

On 6/2/2018 at 4:00 AM, RedHoodPug said:

This might be getting off topic, but it sure would be a good place to start. There really is only one way to solve the problem for good, and that's the Green Lantern Corps movie doing well, which may or may not even *do* at this point. If smaller corners of the brand propped up the movie, maybe proved that there's an audience for the Lantern Corps after all, we could get something going. Either the movie, or a tv show, and the movie sounds a lot more likely at the moment.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:12 PM, barneynedward said:

Let's stay on topic; it's not just that Green Lantern bombed, it's that the merchandise didn't sell either. Major retailers got nervous and said no to any GL-branded merch, movie-related or not, and that's why we don't get Green Lantern-focused stuff anymore. No one wants to sell it. 

On 6/4/2018 at 7:49 PM, JosiahJVL said:

I doubt it. Although yes we are getting that Batman, almost guaranteed just watching the trailer.

Guys I finally got the last set from this year to complete the collection the Superman and krpto team up but I got it last week and now I feel bored..... I really wish LEGO or somone will drops some new dc superheroes leaks I have nothing to look forward to now well.... besides the aquam man movie and the aquaman set and the Batman summer sets but I already know I’m gonna get them