Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

45 minutes ago, Azani said:

It is 235 pieces and $29.99 here in the US.

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but does this set only come with the three figures we've seen leaked so far? Have you seen the build(s) yourself; and, if so, what is it composed of?

5 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

But wait if it’s the counter part to the ant man and wasp sets that come out on June first, does this mean the aqua man set will come out in June/July 

Probably June for UK and Europe, and probably August/September for North America.

35 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Probably June for UK and Europe, and probably August/September for North America.

Oh okay

Artwork of the new upcoming DC Super Hero Girls cartoon was showcased today. It isn’t related to the already existing series with the same name we have Lego sets of. Assuming that theme is cancelled, I wonder if there’s an possibility of sets based off of this cartoon?

It’d be nice to have minifigure versions of Bumblebee, Zatanna and this variant of Jessica Cruz. Batgirl even looks similar to TLBM Batgirl, but for all I know her suit may have been purple and yellow in other media I’m not aware of.

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

Artwork of the new upcoming DC Super Hero Girls cartoon was showcased today. It isn’t related to the already existing series with the same name we have Lego sets of. Assuming that theme is cancelled, I wonder if there’s an possibility of sets based off of this cartoon?

It’d be nice to have minifigure versions of Bumblebee, Zatanna and this variant of Jessica Cruz. Batgirl even looks similar to TLBM Batgirl, but for all I know her suit may have been purple and yellow in other media I’m not aware of.

Oh I think it's the same person who worked on the super best friends shorts that used to be part of DC nation in like 2012, Supergirl and Batgirl look very similar to this new show's designs. They were very good shorts, so it's nice to see it become a full on show in a way.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

48 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Oh I think it's the same person who worked on the super best friends shorts that used to be part of DC nation in like 2012, Supergirl and Batgirl look very similar to this new show's designs. They were very good shorts, so it's nice to see it become a full on show in a way.

Yes, Lauren Faust is her name.

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I am now officially rooting for Shazam!

I feel like we'll get 2 sets for this

New LEGO dc villains game has been teased by official LEGO do you guys think we will see any sets from the game, I hope we can play as the heroes too not just the villains and, since we are on the topic of villains now is a great time to put atrocitus and larfleeze in a official LEGO set ;)

8 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

New LEGO dc villains game has been teased by official LEGO do you guys think we will see any sets from the game, I hope we can play as the heroes too not just the villains and, since we are on the topic of villains now is a great time to put atrocitus and larfleeze in a official LEGO set ;)

Uh huh... By that logic we would see Bouncer and The Monarch of Menace.

It's unlikely that we'll see any sets directly inspired by the game's plot. However, as with the last two Lego Batman games, we could get a look at upcoming figs and vehicles.

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Uh huh... By that logic we would see Bouncer and The Monarch of Menace.

It's unlikely that we'll see any sets directly inspired by the game's plot. However, as with the last two Lego Batman games, we could get a look at upcoming figs and vehicles.

Wdym by that 

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

I don’t know about other themes, but TLG has yet to link anything other than a minifigure to a DC game/movie, Luthor’s black brick ray gun and accompanying bricks excepted. The in-game builds often include implausible techniques or unavailable colours, as well. There is a 50/50 chance that SuperLex will come with the game; that would be the limit of any tie-in.

1 minute ago, JosiahJVL said:

Wdym by that 

Bouncer and MoM are villains with just as much of a chance of appearing as Larfleeze or Atrocitus. My guess would be slim to 0.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

I don’t know about other themes, but TLG has yet to link anything other than a minifigure to a DC game/movie, Luthor’s black brick ray gun and accompanying bricks excepted. The in-game builds often include implausible techniques or unavailable colours, as well. There is a 50/50 chance that SuperLex will come with the game; that would be the limit of any tie-in.

There's been a few cases of sets being revealed early through the games-

The 2013 Batboat in LB2 (2012)

The 2015 Brainiac's Skull Ship, The Banana Truck, The Invisible Jet and Green Lantern Jet in LB3 (2014)

The 2014 Hydra Tank, The Spider-Copter and Spider-Trike in Lego Marvel (2013)

All these models appeared as identical to those released in sets the next year, minifigs too: 

Aquaman in LB2

Black Manta, Grodd, Sinestro, Brainiac and many of the Leaguers in LB3

Taskmaster, MODOK, Classic Cap, Ultimate Goblin, Luke Cage, Mary Jane, Hydra Henchmen, Ultimate Electro in LMS

So while upcoming figs and sets may not be based on the game's plot, the game's at least provide teases of what's to come.

2 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

I could see atrocitus being the pre order bonus. Given he requires no new molds and is being shown in the LEGO Aquaman movie right before but that’s about it. 

12 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I could see atrocitus being the pre order bonus. Given he requires no new molds and is being shown in the LEGO Aquaman movie right before but that’s about it. 

It'll most likely be the Rebirth Lex Luthor that leaked

14 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I mean in general and maybe those gl copra figures will be in the game and we will see them in a 2019 set

Yes, but I mean just because there is a DC Villains game, that doesn't increase the likelihood of seeing any Green Lantern Villains. If you mentioned those purely on the fact that they are villains then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. DC has hundreds of villains and I doubt any of the Lanterns, except for maybe Sinestro, will play any major part in the game. Heck, Atrocitus and Larfleeze had sizable roles in LB3 and we didn't get them then.

But we got the Book coming out and the game. That would make at least 2 exclusive figures with the leaked Lex Luthor as the most likely candidate for the Villians game, but what could it be for the 2018 book?

5 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Yes, but I mean just because there is a DC Villains game, that doesn't increase the likelihood of seeing any Green Lantern Villains. If you mentioned those purely on the fact that they are villains then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. DC has hundreds of villains and I doubt any of the Lanterns, except for maybe Sinestro, will play any major part in the game. Heck, Atrocitus and Larfleeze had sizable roles in LB3 and we didn't get them then.

So say we get a GL lantern who is he supposed to “fight” against in that set the joker? That makes no since I’m saying is that I would love to see more GL coprs figures in 2019 sets as after all they are fan favorites and they are more well known than some of the villains we got now, I think it’s stupid how we only get gl figures in special books and things that only means that they can come out like once or twice a year with new, they should just put them in a set to create to opportunity to add more than just one. I would cry tears of joy if we get gl corps sets in 2019 

There's been a few cases of sets being revealed early through the games-

I get that, sorry, I meant direct tie-ins. I always worked on the basis that the game/movie characters get filed away for future reference, and anything released is gravy.

8 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I would cry tears of joy if we get gl corps sets in 2019 

If we get any sets GLC based, other than as a media freebie, my guess would be a wait until the movie drops. Don’t get me wrong, like yourself and many of us here, I too would welcome a set/sets with open arms. But like Duncan said, if they can produce LB3 and only two Lanterns come out of it, don’t set your heart on them cropping up because of an all-encompassing villains game. There are so many others that have been teased along the way.

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

So say we get a GL lantern who is he supposed to “fight” against in that set the joker? That makes no since I’m saying is that I would love to see more GL coprs figures in 2019 sets as after all they are fan favorites and they are more well known than some of the villains we got now, I think it’s stupid how we only get gl figures in special books and things that only means that they can come out like once or twice a year with new, they should just put them in a set to create to opportunity to add more than just one. I would cry tears of joy if we get gl corps sets in 2019 

Huh? We started off talking about the likelihood of getting GL villains, which is not very likely. I have no doubt that there will be Green Lantern villains in some capacity in the game but that doesn't mean they'll show up in sets- Hush and Mad Hatter have appeared in all three prior games and we've still not got them.

And while Atrocitus is game for a Green Lantern set, being one of his better known antagonists, there is not a particular high chance that we'll get a Green Lantern set next year at all. Last I heard, the GLC film was planned for 2020 but nothing's been heard since.

While comic based sets are plausible for Winter 2019, they are once again more likely to be focused on Batman, Superman and The Flash, who are arguably more popular and far less infamous to the ordinary public than the Green Lanterns

That said, these recent GL figs could be Lego testing the waters for another set. BUT please, don't get your hopes up

Edited by Duncan Young

Huh? We started off talking about the likelihood of getting GL villains, which is not very likely. I have no doubt that there will be Green Lantern villains in some capacity in the game but that doesn't mean they'll show up in sets- Hush and Mad Hatter have appeared in all three prior games and we've still not got them.

And while Atrocitus is game for a Green Lantern set, being one of his better known antagonists, there is not a particular high chance that we'll get a Green Lantern set next year at all. Last I heard, the GLC film was planned for 2020 but nothing's been heard since.

While comic based sets are plausible for Winter 2019, they are once again more likely to be focused on Batman, Superman and The Flash, who are arguably more popular and far less infamous to the ordinary public than the Green Lanterns

That said, these recent GL figs could be Lego testing the waters for another set. BUT please, don't get your hopes up

I don’t mean like that I mean like how u said before a small GL corps set like the 2015 one