Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

So these two fine gentlemen were rumoured for the batmobile set? Honestly I'm doubtful but happy to be proven wrong :classic:

I know it would be quite unlikely, but it would be rather strange if this set didn't come with a Batman variant of some sort, particularly an Rocksteady Arkham one.

So the next Direct-to-video Lego DC movie is going to be Lego Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis. And aside from characters like Atrocitus and Mera making their first appearance, Jessica Cruz is also showing up as well. Pretty sure that leaked minifigure of her from a while back is going to be the one that'll be included with the DVD.

And seeing Jessica with the Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Handle piece in Bright Green and a 1x1 Round Tile with the GL Corps logo printed on it makes me hope that Lego releases the handle piece in that color one day so that I can finally stop using the Trans-Clear version.

DcoS50EWAAA2_Q6.jpg 

Edited by MisterBatfleck

22 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

And aside from characters like Atrocitus and Mera making their first appearance, Jessica Cruz is also showing up as well. Pretty sure that leaked minifigure of her from a while back is going to be the one that'll be included with the DVD.

She is indeed:

41072569735_62f5950fa7.jpg

On 5/8/2018 at 9:51 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

She is indeed:

41072569735_62f5950fa7.jpg

Does anyone ever know if we will get that atrocious figure? And the ocean master and mera anytime soon 

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

Does anyone ever know if we will get that atrocious figure? And the ocean master and mera anytime soon 

Just so you know for future reference, just because they appear in a Lego movie doesn't mean they'll appear in sets.

I would assume atrocitus be a big fig if he was ever to appear.

Regarding the other two, they might appear in possible Aquaman sets based off of the upcoming live action Aquaman movie set to release in December.

It seems strange to me that they would make Atrocitus the big bad in an Aquaman movie without the intention to release him officially soon. Every other Lego DC movie villain saw a release in sets either prior to their movie or that same year: Darkseid, most of the Legion of Doom, Brainiac, Joker, and Reverse Flash. 

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

It seems strange to me that they would make Atrocitus the big bad in an Aquaman movie without the intention to release him officially soon. Every other Lego DC movie villain saw a release in sets either prior to their movie or that same year: Darkseid, most of the Legion of Doom, Brainiac, Joker, and Reverse Flash. 

So, if these movies are meant to advertise playsets that are already currently available, perhaps that villain's appearance in the movie indicates that there was a set meant to be released this year that has been cancelled? After all, we can presume that's what happened to those two 2018 DC SuperHero Girls sets. :def_shrug:

9 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Or maybe the two remaining freebie mini figs for the book and video game are Atrocitus and Rebirth Lex?

Giganta appeared in a previous film, as well as multiple variants of the heroes. The film's are films, don't have to mean anything relating to sets so Atrocitus appearing here doesn't mean he'll appear this year.

The minifigure for the book (unless it's Lex) is probably an alternate costume of Batman, Superman or another hero

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Giganta appeared in a previous film, as well as multiple variants of the heroes. The film's are films, don't have to mean anything relating to sets so Atrocitus appearing here doesn't mean he'll appear this year.

The minifigure for the book (unless it's Lex) is probably an alternate costume of Batman, Superman or another hero

Maybe it will be the Atom.

I’m assuming if we ever get Atrocitus it will be in a set, so they could also include his cat. Based on the glut of animal sidekicks in DC sets lately. 

8 minutes ago, Merch said:

I’m assuming if we ever get Atrocitus it will be in a set, so they could also include his cat. Based on the glut of animal sidekicks in DC sets lately. 

Ooo good point! Do you think they will use a normal cat mould but obviously a different print or a whole new mould altogether?

Edited by J4ck

It is very strange that atrocious is in a water based movie, and recently more and more green lantern figures are coming out like John stewart and Jessica Cruz maybe we will get another full on lantern corps set in 2019? With other JL sets kinda like the 2015 lineup 

9 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Or maybe the two remaining freebie mini figs for the book and video game are Atrocitus and Rebirth Lex?

From the looks of his figure in the tie-in movie, Atrocitus would be an easy figure to do, especially considering that his armor piece in Bright Red already exists, first seen on the villain in 2014's 70162 Infearno Interception. But, as a promotional figure, I doubt his legs would be dual molded. :sceptic:

11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

From the looks of his figure in the tie-in movie, Atrocitus would be an easy figure to do, especially considering that his armor piece in Bright Red already exists, first seen on the villain in 2014's 70162 Infearno Interception. But, as a promotional figure, I doubt his legs would be dual molded. :sceptic:

There is a wierd amount of animals in dc based sets recently and we do see a dex-starr in the movie with a atrocious minifigure, maybe that’s a small tease that he is the next new figure in a future set and notice how we have gotten a lot of figures from the flash, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman but not that many from GL or aqua man so maybe new ones are coming next year we can expect to see the new lineup of 2019 dc sets to appear probably at the beginning of June, (so in a month) so maybe 2019 we get GL villains and hero based sets!??!??

Edited by JosiahJVL

12 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm not saying *every* character, just the main antagonist(s). And an odd choice like putting a Red Lantern up against Aquaman is too strange to not have to do with that pattern. Plus, these movies are always built around advertising new sets - and the only thing in that trailer that's on store shelves right now is Lobo and his bike. I'm starting to think that maybe we won't be getting movie tie-in sets for Aquaman after all - but instead an Aquaman set with that "aqua-jet" and Ocean Master, and a set with Atrocitus and Dex-Starr.

I don't think it's weird they put an Atrocitus character in the movie, why you ask? Because for starters it's called "Rage of Atlantis" and secondly in Blackest Night, Mera becomes a Red Lantern, maybe Atlantis is full of Anger and it all pieces together? I don't know but I dint think it's strange, in fact it looks like a jigsaw with a piece missing to me.

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm not saying *every* character, just the main antagonist(s). And an odd choice like putting a Red Lantern up against Aquaman is too strange to not have to do with that pattern. Plus, these movies are always built around advertising new sets - and the only thing in that trailer that's on store shelves right now is Lobo and his bike. I'm starting to think that maybe we won't be getting movie tie-in sets for Aquaman after all - but instead an Aquaman set with that "aqua-jet" and Ocean Master, and a set with Atrocitus and Dex-Starr.

I hope we get those two sets and maybe more JL sets 

1. Superman's movie could come with either comics style Lois Lane or Jimmy Olson.

2. Flash didn't come with one.

3. Green Lanterns' could come with either Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner or Simon Baz.

4. Plastic Man's could come with Woozy Winks.

5. Hawkman's could come with Shadow Thief.

6. Atom's could come with Chronos.

7. Green Arrow's could come with Emiko Queen/Red Arrow.

Attack of the Legion of Doom focused on Cyborg.

Vs. Bizarro League focused on Bizarro and Superman.

Cosmic Clash, Batman Beleaguered focused on Batman.

Gotham City Breakout focused on Robin.

The new one will focus on Aquaman.

There’s a Batfig on instagram that kind of looks too good to be true. He looks like the one from the Talons set. If he is right then he’s got some nice details to him. If not, I’ll keep quiet.

6 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

There’s a Batfig on instagram that kind of looks too good to be true. He looks like the one from the Talons set. If he is right then he’s got some nice details to him. If not, I’ll keep quiet.

It does appear to be legit. It's got some very cool details, including the damaged mask. Hopefully his alternate face has a completely covered up face though

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

It does appear to be legit. It's got some very cool details, including the damaged mask. Hopefully his alternate face has a completely covered up face though

Yes the battle damaged look is a really nice touch. I was wary of the leg printing, what with it being there and everything.

6 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Yes the battle damaged look is a really nice touch. I was wary of the leg printing, what with it being there and everything.

Yes, it's probably one of the best DC figs this year (excluding LBM). It'd be better with the shorter cowl though

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

It'd be better with the shorter cowl though

That's what I thought afterwards when I saw this image posted by @Catanas over on the DC 2018 topic. Too bad, as it would have been a great opportunity to introduce the short-eared cowl in Gunmetal Metallic Grey. :sceptic:

batman-9-bat-iron-man.jpg

But, besides that, it's a pretty darn cool looking variant for a minifigure! :thumbup: :smug: