Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

In the meantime, though, it's pretty evident that LEGO is peeking over at the CW stuff for figures. We got Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, and Green Arrow for the first time all during the back half of Flash's first season, and a set featuring Supergirl and Martian Manhunter in Supergirl's first season. We just got Firestorm, Killer Frost, and Reverse Flash during a big Firestorm arc on Legends, Killer Frost's proper introduction on Flash, and right after Reverse Flash had his central villain role on Legends. If you look at the comics, the CW is really influencing which characters get the spotlight: the JLA is comprised mostly of big Arrowverse supporting characters like Killer Frost, Atom, and Vixen, and Mr. Terrific even heading up his own team. Whether we get sets based on those shows directly or not, if a character shows up in one, they're more likely to show up in a set sooner or later just from the popularity boost.

I believe Lego set designers are most likely influenced by the CW shows to incorporate those characters into sets. But as for playsets directly based off those shows, I only think that will happen if Warner Bros wants to market merchandise based upon the ArrowVerse to kids. From what I'm aware of, most ArrowVerse tie-in products are marketed towards adults, right?

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I believe Lego set designers are most likely influenced by the CW shows to incorporate those characters into sets. But as for playsets directly based off those shows, I only think that will happen if Warner Bros wants to market merchandise based upon the ArrowVerse to kids. From what I'm aware of, most ArrowVerse tie-in products are marketed towards adults, right?

That all depends on where you classify the Multiverse figures and Funko stuff. There's also a batch of Imaginext figures that clearly pulls from some Arrowverse supporting cast, and seems to pull Vixen's design straight from the animated show, but that's only really in the same wheelhouse we're in with Lego. BUT it is worth noting that most if not all Batman '66 stuff was marketed to collectors in that same way until Lego made their D2C Batcave, so it's quite possible that Lego could be the one to break the barrier first. Oh, and there are some YA tie-in novels for both Flash and Supergirl (one that involves Atlantis!)

19 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm extremely certain that's just a coincidence, Flash, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Reverse Flash, Killer Frost and Firestorm are big characters, not just defined by the shows. Getting minifigures for them would be inevitable when releasing sets on Justice League comics

At the time those first few came out, we were only barely getting the big 7, so Supergirl, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Captain Cold, and Grodd are at least one hell of a coincidence. The second batch has a bit of a better case for coincidence, but Firestorm - especially a black Firestorm - is not a big character now by any means outside of Legends of Tomorrow. At the very least, there's influence. 

5 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

There's also a batch of Imaginext figures that clearly pulls from some Arrowverse supporting cast, and seems to pull Vixen's design straight from the animated show, but that's only really in the same wheelhouse we're in with Lego.

The Imaginext figures aren't branded with TV show labeling though, right?

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The Imaginext figures aren't branded with TV show labeling though, right?

No they do not have show branding.

23 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm extremely certain that's just a coincidence, Flash, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Reverse Flash, Killer Frost and Firestorm are big characters, not just defined by the shows. Getting minifigures for them would be inevitable when releasing sets on Justice League comics

I wouldn't be quiet so sure... I do have a slight inkling that they are influenced by the TV shows and their growing fan base (likewise DC using LEGO for the extra promotion) and they're a good selling point when trying to jump off the "every set needs Batman" wave
Prior to the rule changes, there was also a growing number of LEGO idea submissions based on the CW shows which would've got someone's cogs turning at TLG. My STAR Labs submission achieved 7500 supporters before it expired the other week, they'd be silly not to explore that interest with a licence they already have their fingers in

On 10/04/2018 at 12:05 AM, Kizmoz said:

I wouldn't be quiet so sure... I do have a slight inkling that they are influenced by the TV shows and their growing fan base (likewise DC using LEGO for the extra promotion) and they're a good selling point when trying to jump off the "every set needs Batman" wave
Prior to the rule changes, there was also a growing number of LEGO idea submissions based on the CW shows which would've got someone's cogs turning at TLG. My STAR Labs submission achieved 7500 supporters before it expired the other week, they'd be silly not to explore that interest with a licence they already have their fingers in

that was yours?! i just wanna say i was a massive fan of that project i was real dissapointed it didnt make 10k supporters i really loved it it was so awesome!

10 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

that was yours?! i just wanna say i was a massive fan of that project i was real dissapointed it didnt make 10k supporters i really loved it it was so awesome!

Same here! I was excited to support it and sad to hear it had expired. I hope you'll give it another shot!

1 minute ago, BrickSantorum said:

Same here! I was excited to support it and sad to hear it had expired. I hope you'll give it another shot!

unfortunately im not sure it can be resubmitted, being  an extension of DC and characters they already use, they probably would take it back down, it was already up before the new rules came last time so thats why it was still there for us to see, i hope lego saw it and took inspiration from it for future sets, once again i just wanna say that project was so amazing!

2 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

2 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

unfortunately im not sure it can be resubmitted, being  an extension of DC and characters they already use, they probably would take it back down, it was already up before the new rules came last time so thats why it was still there for us to see, i hope lego saw it and took inspiration from it for future sets, once again i just wanna say that project was so amazing!

Thank you, I haven't yet attempted to re-submit it as I think they would pull it due to already having a licence to DC comics... (I have put it recently on Rebrickable for those interested)
It does make me wonder how far that rule can be bent tho, as they haven't rejected some new project based on some Disney franchises (eg. Phineas & Ferb brickhead/Buzz Lightyear )...
You could argue the DC range has purely been based on Comics or Movies and nothing on The CW shows which must still require some sort of additional licence (The CW for example)

Without spoiling it too much, they do seem to pick new figs to coincide with what DC release or put in the spotlight... (which makes sense from a marketing point of view)
Zoom/Reverse Flash + Killerfrost aren't just getting the limelight from the TV shows but also feature quiet heavily in the latest Suicide Squad animation
Cheetah being heavily linked to being the next Wonder Woman Villain
Firestorm getting a pretty strong story arc during the beginning the recent season of Legend

You look at the last lot of new sets/figs we got were also in shows at the time... 
Titans + Blue Beatle (Titans v Justice League movie)
Katana + Suicide Squad (Suicide Squad movie)
Red Hood (Arkham Knight game)

Here's hoping with the next Death of Superman movie we finally get a big fig Doomday :p

2 hours ago, steveholt said:

or a Flash set with King Shark ?

I’m guessing he turns up in the TV show, cos I’m not remembering their comics meeting.

Yeah he turns up in the TV show, otherwise it would maoe more sense him to fight Superboy (original foe) or Aquaman (water themed set).

Definitely on my list of most wanted DC Bigfigs along with Solomon Grundy, Doomsday, Etrigan, Swamp Thing, LB3 Bane, Ultra Humanite, Monsieur Mallah, Kalibak, Kilowog, Parasite.....well turns out it's a long list

Edited by steveholt

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m guessing he turns up in the TV show, cos I’m not remembering their comics meeting.

He's in four episodes and the non-canon tie-in comic, but sadly never once says "I'M A SHARK" so really? why bother. 

For real, though, all of his Atlantean ties are cut on the show, where he's just a metahuman. I'd bet we see King Shark in an Aquaman-centric set before a Flash one, though. At the end of the day, he just makes more sense underwater in toys. 

1 hour ago, steveholt said:

Yeah he turns up in the TV show, otherwise it would maoe more sense him to fight Superboy (original foe) or Aquaman (water themed set).

Definitely on my list of most wanted DC Bigfigs along with Solomon Grundy, Doomsday, Etrigan, Swamp Thing, LB3 Bane, Ultra Humanite, Monsieur Mallah, Kalibak, Kilowog, Parasite.....well turns out it's a long list

DC really does need to catch up on their big fig quota. Marvel's had 9 so far, while DC (including TLBM) has only had 5. Grundy, Swamp Thing, and Atrocitus seem like the next most likely characters to go for. Of course, we're also getting OMAC and Brother Eye this year, so who knows what in the megablocks is likely anymore! We could Captain Carrot next for all we know! :laugh:

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

2 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

He's in four episodes and the non-canon tie-in comic, but sadly never once says "I'M A SHARK" so really? why bother. 

For real, though, all of his Atlantean ties are cut on the show, where he's just a metahuman. I'd bet we see King Shark in an Aquaman-centric set before a Flash one, though. At the end of the day, he just makes more sense underwater in toys. 

I could see him in a Belle Reve set later down the line, should that Suicide Squad sequel go ahead. It'd be the best way to include Waller or Flagg figs too

52 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I’m glad I’m not going nuts :grin: an Aquaman or Squad set would make far more sense than a crowbarred-in Flash set. 

55 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

We could Captain Carrot next for all we know! 

Hey, a Mystery Men run would be outstanding!

Can we please get more LEGO green lantern sets with..., larfleeze, saint walker, Atrocitus, star sapphire and indigo 1 like..... These characters are long overdue. This is super upsetting in my eyes..... we have 3 lanterns so far. Hal, John and sinestro.... and Jessica Cruz but like where are the sets as ALL the lanterns were the main focus in LB3

Edited by JosiahJVL

7 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Can we please get more LEGO green lantern sets with..., larfleeze, saint walker, Atrocitus, star sapphire and indigo 1 like..... These characters are long overdue. This is super upsetting in my eyes..... we have 3 lanterns so far. Hal, John and sinestro.... and Jessica Cruz but like where are the sets as ALL the lanterns were the main focus in LB3

Pin that on everyone's favorite Ryan Reynold's picture! The toy sales from that Green Lantern movie were so dismal that it killed major retailers' interest in the property (and the wonderful animated series). I don't know how well the one Green Lantern set we did get sold, but the Lanterns are probably occupying the same space at LEGO DC that the X-Men do over at LEGO Marvel. I really wish we could get some new Lantern thing outside of the comics, at least in part to justify more appearances in sets. (Also because they're such a big chunk of the universe and easily the coolest DC concept that nobody's touching outside of the comics rn for some reason??)

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Pin that on everyone's favorite Ryan Reynold's picture! The toy sales from that Green Lantern movie were so dismal that it killed major retailers' interest in the property (and the wonderful animated series). I don't know how well the one Green Lantern set we did get sold, but the Lanterns are probably occupying the same space at LEGO DC that the X-Men do over at LEGO Marvel. I really wish we could get some new Lantern thing outside of the comics, at least in part to justify more appearances in sets. (Also because they're such a big chunk of the universe and easily the coolest DC concept that nobody's touching outside of the comics rn for some reason??)

But think about this..... a lego green justice league based set with for 2019/2020 green lantern (Hal Jordan) a new Superman and red tornado and Atrocitus as the villain as he has captured Hal Jordan and red tornado and Superman have to save him the set could come with a small LEGO car like a taxi a small cage for Hal and giant red construct bull that atrocious has made to take out the heroes it would be about 30-50$ they could make that with like 4 other LEGO justice league sets for a new 2019/2020 set lineups similar to the 2015 lineup 

Edited by JosiahJVL

17 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

But think about this..... a lego green justice league based set with for 2019/2020 green lantern (Hal Jordan) a new Superman and red tornado and Atrocitus as the villain as he has captured Hal Jordan and red tornado and Superman have to save him the set could come with a small LEGO car like a taxi a small cage for Hal and giant red construct bull that atrocious has made to take out the heroes it would be about 30-50$ they could make that with like 4 other LEGO justice league sets for a new 2019/2020 set lineups similar to the 2015 lineup 

Okay. I'll think about it.

1 hour ago, rob-ot5000 said:

...... another idea for 2019/2020 set lineups..... I call this one attack on the hall of justice it should come with a scaled play set of the hall of justice minifigs could be Shazam atom and Zatana against Solomon Grundy and lex Luther 

set idea two: an off world justice league set green lantern idc witch one weather that’s Hal or John but we could get a big fig killowog maybe Superman (different costume) and saint walker against sinestro and larfleeze attacking the watch tower and I think we could get a watch tower as the main build with a green contruct giant hammer for Hal or John and a scale down orange axe for larfleeze that can fit into his hand. And maybe the name could be sinestro and larfleeze team up 

my final set that I hope you take into consideration is: bizzaro crash- bizarro is attacking innocent people with the villain firefly. We could maybe get a kid flash with a new supergirl and Batman the main focus on the set could be a new bat tank with the ability to shoot out a small bat mobile. It could come with that and and a car that says Wayne enterprises on it filled with money

These are my set ideas if you don’t do these I understand, but I hope you at least take them in consideration ;)

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

I call this one attack on the hall of justice it should come with a scaled play set of the hall of justice minifigs could be Shazam atom and Zatana against Solomon Grundy and lex Luther 

If Lego were to someday do a Hall of Justice, I'd like it to be a D2C set built within Creator Expert Modular standards, with a heavy Art Deco architectural style. What 2013's D2C Arkham was to Gothic architecture, a D2C Hall of Justice would be to Art Deco architecture. :purrr:

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If Lego were to someday do a Hall of Justice, I'd like it to be a D2C set built within Creator Expert Modular standards, with a heavy Art Deco architectural style. What 2013's D2C Arkham was to Gothic architecture, a D2C Hall of Justice would be to Art Deco architecture. :purrr:

Not anything to big maybe just like the size of 2013s Arkham asylum I think it would be pretty cool 

2 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

1 hour ago, JosiahJVL said:

...... another idea for 2019/2020 set lineups..... I call this one attack on the hall of justice it should come with a scaled play set of the hall of justice minifigs could be Shazam atom and Zatana against Solomon Grundy and lex Luther 

set idea two: an off world justice league set green lantern idc witch one weather that’s Hal or John but we could get a big fig killowog maybe Superman (different costume) and saint walker against sinestro and larfleeze attacking the watch tower and I think we could get a watch tower as the main build with a green contruct giant hammer for Hal or John and a scale down orange axe for larfleeze that can fit into his hand. And maybe the name could be sinestro and larfleeze team up 

my final set that I hope you take into consideration is: bizzaro crash- bizarro is attacking innocent people with the villain firefly. We could maybe get a kid flash with a new supergirl and Batman the main focus on the set could be a new bat tank with the ability to shoot out a small bat mobile. It could come with that and and a car that says Wayne enterprises on it filled with money

These are my set ideas if you don’t do these I understand, but I hope you at least take them in consideration ;)

Are you actually a designer if you are ?...... please take these ideas into consideration I have been dying for new LEGO lantern corps ever since LB3

Just now, JosiahJVL said:

Not anything to big maybe just like the size of 2013s Arkham asylum I think it would be pretty cool 

Sure, that's a fair size. I also should add that I'd prefer if the set simply weren't cartoonishly, stark white. For a little bit of variance, the white marble should be offset with some Light Bluish Grey stone as accenting I think.