Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

5 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Shazam's got the powers of a god and the mind of a twelve-year-old, he's not gonna need or want a leather jacket or a futuristic bodysuit, he's gonna want to look like a classic superhero. 

But, I thought Batson had his suit supernaturally gifted to him by Shazam. Billy didn't make it himself did he?

Edited by Digger of Bricks

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

But, I thought Batson had his suit supernaturally gifted to him by Shazam. Billy didn't make it himself did he?

As far as I can tell it's courtesy of the wizard, but I can't imagine why it would look like anything like the traditional Shazam costume does if Billy's fantasy had nothing to do with it. 

We got a leaked image of a Lex Luthor minifig in his Superman armor from Rebirth, which seems like it'll be the exclusive figure for that new book (or potentially that DC villains game if it ever happens). We're also a day away from the Flash movie release and there's been absolutely no indication of a figure for that. If you ever wanna see someone other than Batman and Superman get some set focus, though, I'd buy it anyway. Vote with your cash, as they say.

4 hours ago, steveholt said:

I saw the Flash DVD in person in store and no minifigure ?

Well they aren't going to sell  many Dvds then.

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Well they aren't going to sell  many Dvds then.

Yeah those dvds are always in bargain bins so I doubt anyone will buy them full price if there isn't a minifigure.

Again, I'm betting this is on purpose - that they want to test the waters of the next biggest DC hero right now without any incentive other than the brand. If you want to see more sets that aren't Batman-centric, buy this movie. Wait for a sale if you've got to, but this is the best shot we have at convincing LEGO to give us a more diversified DC theme, and is exactly the kind of thing that could put guys like Kid Flash, Heatwave, and Mirror Master on the fast track. It could even pave the way for that long-requested CW Flash set. Vote with your wallets, guys!

im not sure thats a good idea on their part IF that is the reason, i dont think id even buy the Batman related movies if not for the pack in fig. the movies themselves are just not that good, therefore not a good gauge of the  demand for other DC related sets. IMO

3 hours ago, Mattallica said:

im not sure thats a good idea on their part IF that is the reason, i dont think id even buy the Batman related movies if not for the pack in fig. the movies themselves are just not that good, therefore not a good gauge of the  demand for other DC related sets. IMO

Completely agree, DVD sales in no way reflect what sets would sell well. 

9 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Agreed, I bought the blue nightwing off bricklink and eventually saw the Arkham breakout movie online, and I think that was the worst one. 

If the Flash movie really doesn't have a figure, that's got to be a first since the Batman beleaguered movie. I wonder why they decided to skip it this time.

Super Lex is pretty interesting, a much better choice of variant than that pirate Batman for sure but I'll have to pass on it, though it's strange that they keep using the old Loki head for him.

I can't wait to see what the Aquaman movie will bring though, it sounds like it's going to be great and if they designed Arthur and Manta to be very comic accurate in the film as rumors have said, they would make nice variants should they be included in sets, though I'm more excited about possibly getting Orm.

22 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

If the Flash movie really doesn't have a figure, that's got to be a first since the Batman beleaguered movie. I wonder why they decided to skip it this time.....

It definitely doesn't, its in stores now and no fig.

Maybe different markets will have different releases? It‘s not out in Germany yet. Maybe we have a fig with it, even though I don‘t believe in it...

22 hours ago, Mattallica said:

They're not meant to gauge *our* interest. It's all going off of the old notion that kids have no concept of quality and will want whatever is offered to them so long as it matches a base impulse - in this case, brand recognition. They want to see if kids like Flash enough to buy a product that's just about Flash (or potentially, if they like DC enough to buy a product solely because it's DC). Of course, LEGO doesn't know or care who's buying so long as they can put in the same amount of cash and effort, so if we pay for them for their mediocre (admittedly kinda cute) movie, the message their receiving is "Flash = money also; perhaps other not-Batmans = money too?". The more we invest in LEGO's experimenting, the greater variety of stuff we're gonna get in and out of sets. We might even see a year without a pure Batman wave! How bout that!

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We are getting a Jessica Cruz Green Latern figure! It leaked today! It’s coming in the new book I think

Can’t have Cruz without Baz! Sacrilege! Looks good though.

Rather disappointing that the Flash movie has no minifigure, but hopefully the new Green Lantern is a sign of things to come from the DC Super Heroes line.

Did we find out about the Giant Man figure before we found out about Lego Marvel 2? I can't remember. We still haven't gotten official confirmation on that new DC game, but if it's real, we should be getting that announcement soon. I'd say in all likelihood Jessica's going in the book and Lex is going with the game. Lex has more detail, while Jessica has the same old crappy leg printing that they'd never do for a game exclusive. Admittedly, though, I'm not entirely convinced that she won't be in one of the summer sets.

10 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Did we find out about the Giant Man figure before we found out about Lego Marvel 2? I can't remember. We still haven't gotten official confirmation on that new DC game, but if it's real, we should be getting that announcement soon. I'd say in all likelihood Jessica's going in the book and Lex is going with the game. Lex has more detail, while Jessica has the same old crappy leg printing that they'd never do for a game exclusive. Admittedly, though, I'm not entirely convinced that she won't be in one of the summer sets.

Yes we did actually. Jessica is coming in the book and Luther in the video game. Summer sets are the three batman sets and the aquaman Set or Sets

I'm hoping for an Aquaman Atlantis set. My other main hope is for a Legends of Tomorrow based set. With the recent Cyborg's helicopter set which included two new Flash based characters appearing in the TV show, I think it's not too farfetched to assume that they might continue on with this trend. My other piece of "evidence" is the fact that Firestorm, the one from Legends was included in the Lex Luthor Mech set. 

My final hope is more just wishful thinking than anything else, but I really want to see another Green Lantern themed set. Maybe a battle between Hal or another lantern, against either the yellow lantern corps, or even the Black Hand. The possibilities are endless. Also I really really want an Atrocitus Big Fig. That goes right up next to my want of a Solomon Grundy Big Fig and a Swamp Thing Big Fig. 

Any thoughts on this?

On 12/16/2017 at 4:32 PM, Duncan Young said:

Grundy’s Swamp Showdown (£59.99)

• Includes oversized gangster car, a Bat-Swamp Boat and some swamp details
  • Figs would be Batman (They’d make a swamp variant somehow, you know they would :P), Raven, Constantine, Solomon Grundy (Big-Fig), The Ventrilloquist 

I think, if you have a set titled anything with "Swamp" in it, and it's DC, you're missing a really good chance to put Swamp Thing in it. Plus Grundy and Swamp Thing Big Fig Battle would be sweet!

35 minutes ago, TheAquaLantern said:

I'm hoping for an Aquaman Atlantis set. My other main hope is for a Legends of Tomorrow based set. With the recent Cyborg's helicopter set which included two new Flash based characters appearing in the TV show, I think it's not too farfetched to assume that they might continue on with this trend. My other piece of "evidence" is the fact that Firestorm, the one from Legends was included in the Lex Luthor Mech set. 

My final hope is more just wishful thinking than anything else, but I really want to see another Green Lantern themed set. Maybe a battle between Hal or another lantern, against either the yellow lantern corps, or even the Black Hand. The possibilities are endless. Also I really really want an Atrocitus Big Fig. That goes right up next to my want of a Solomon Grundy Big Fig and a Swamp Thing Big Fig. 

Any thoughts on this?

I'd rather see Hal and Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire team up against the Atrocitus and Larfleeze.

1 hour ago, TheAquaLantern said:

Batman (They’d make a swamp variant somehow, you know they would :P), Raven, Constantine, Solomon Grundy (Big-Fig), The Ventrilloquist 

Too much random characters even for children lego set. 

4 hours ago, ZoKpooL said:

Too much random characters even for children lego set. 

Yeah, just pure speculation here. 

Edited by Duncan Young

7 hours ago, barneynedward said:

I'd rather see Hal and Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire team up against the Atrocitus and Larfleeze.

I think that would be really cool as well. Then having The green/Blue lanterns up against a character like Arkillo. 

21 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yes we did actually. Jessica is coming in the book and Luther in the video game. Summer sets are the three batman sets and the aquaman Set or Sets

But we still don't know all of the figures in those 2 Batman sets (the third one doesn't have figures). I'm not ruling out the possibility that our latest Lantern could be one of them, but you're almost definitely right.