Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

43 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

So the Flash movie is coming out in a month and we have still yet to see so much as a drop of our promo figure. Could this be the first one without an exclusive minifigure? Or is the official announcement being withheld to make the digital release more marketable? Although that still wouldn't explain how there've been zero leaks yet... 

I hope not, the exclusive figs are the only reason I bought the last ones and I need that Atom! Then again at least I'd save money for the Batmobile

6 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

So the Flash movie is coming out in a month and we have still yet to see so much as a drop of our promo figure. Could this be the first one without an exclusive minifigure? Or is the official announcement being withheld to make the digital release more marketable? Although that still wouldn't explain how there've been zero leaks yet... 

I hope not. My guess is that LEGO is probably cracking down somewhat more on the leaks, seeing as they were getting fairly out of hand at points. Probably the same way they're not doing some of the toy fairs for whatever security concerns.

7 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I hope not, the exclusive figs are the only reason I bought the last ones and I need that Atom! Then again at least I'd save money for the Batmobile

Same! It's the only reason I watch them, too :grin: 

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I hope not. My guess is that LEGO is probably cracking down somewhat more on the leaks, seeing as they were getting fairly out of hand at points. Probably the same way they're not doing some of the toy fairs for whatever security concerns.

They've been trying to plug those holes a lot more lately, but if stuff like the classic Jurassic Park set and it's minifigures, and the entire Infinity War line are leaking, I don't know how or why promo figures produced in the easiest-to-swipe-from factories are getting better security. It's possible that the leakers are overlooking them in favor of those bigger deals, but that's never been much of a thing before. 

5 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Yay! Finally! 

17 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Honestly, the Toy Fair thing makes sense financially, especially London. If they're cutting costs, this is probably part of it. Retailers have to travel to Toy fair anyway, so why not have them travel to the LEGO HQ in the country. It's also more secure and they have to lay on less staff/devote less time to it. Let's face it, right now they don't really have to promote the brand anymore.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:34 PM, Catanas said:

Honestly, the Toy Fair thing makes sense financially, especially London. If they're cutting costs, this is probably part of it. Retailers have to travel to Toy fair anyway, so why not have them travel to the LEGO HQ in the country. It's also more secure and they have to lay on less staff/devote less time to it. Let's face it, right now they don't really have to promote the brand anymore.

True. They are kind of well-publicized either way.

3 hours ago, steveholt said:

Please let this be the year we at least get news of a King Shark bigfig, please lol

I've got some bad news for you, pal! We know what's coming for the rest of the year, save for any early winter 2019 releases, which are all probably gonna be Aquaman sets. Maybe next year!

15 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I've got some bad news for you, pal! We know what's coming for the rest of the year, save for any early winter 2019 releases, which are all probably gonna be Aquaman sets. Maybe next year!

I know, that's why i said at least "NEWS of" for 2019 lol

On 22 February 2018 at 4:35 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

First off, I'm certain sets get released before the movie.

Secondly, is King Shark even in this Aquaman movie?

15 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Unlikely. He's more a Superboy/Suicide Squad character

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

Well, given we haven't heard anything at all about them, and the summer waves usually are about just two sets, I wouldn't be so sure.

There's like a 0.2% chance of that, just because, and I quote, he's "A *&^%$#@ SHARRRRRRRRK!" but nobody's said anything about him. It sounds like Steve's just a fan!

Oh, and we've got a bit of news! While there's still no word on the Lego Flash exclusive figure, we do have another outlet! There's a new DC Visual Dictionary that says it'll have an exclusive figure on the cover! It's apparently going to include the LBM stuff, too, so I'm betting that it'll be Samurai - the only one of the token minority Super Friends we haven't gotten. 'Course, it's also possible that that's where Atom's going if we don't get one with the movie.

28 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

It's apparently going to include the LBM stuff, too, so I'm betting that it'll be Samurai - the only one of the token minority Super Friends we haven't gotten.

Thats a great idea. Hopefully you are correct!

The Shazam/Captain Marvel suit for the upcoming movie has leaked and oh boy is it perfect! I’ll be looking forward to finally getting an affordable Cap fig in 2019 (?) 

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

The Shazam/Captain Marvel suit for the upcoming movie has leaked and oh boy is it perfect! I’ll be looking forward to finally getting an affordable Cap fig in 2019 (?) 

What does it look like?

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Here-

*SnipZAM!*

Great Caesar's Ghost, that's a dead-ringer! I hope we're lucky enough to get dual-molded red and gold legs!

9 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Oh man, that never even occurred to me! It looks like he could make for a figure that's indistinguishable from the comic one, where we won't have to wait for them to do a normal version! Even more reason to be hyped!

If they do make one I hope that they get Big Cheeses eyes right. You know, the Patrick Warburton, where are his eyes look.

I guess I'll simply have to wait for a better look, but honestly, it just looks way too dorky. Just because so many cinematic reinterpretations of superhero costumes have gone dark and moody one to many times doesn't mean costume designers should go to the opposite end of the spectrum just to be a breath of fresh air. 

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I guess I'll simply have to wait for a better look, but honestly, it just looks way too dorky. Just because so many cinematic reinterpretations of superhero costumes have gone dark and moody one to many times doesn't mean costume designers should go to the opposite end of the spectrum just to be a breath of fresh air. 

I'm down for the spandex. It's confident. It says "I have nothing to hide and I don't care if this looks dorky." I think that's the problem with a lot of cinematic superhero suits (holy alliteration, Batman): the designs are so concerned with looking practical and badass that they lose some interest in representing the character. Superman needs to look cool, so his colors are muted and his outfit's a spacesuit, even though Superman - being an optimistic dork from Kansas - would totally just put on some primary-colored tights and put a big "S" on his chest because it looks neat. They give Batman armor for the sake of practicality, never considering that Batman not having armor would say "This guy is so good at this shit that he doesn't need it". We get wrapped up in a broad idea of realism and ignore what's realistic for the character. Shazam's got the powers of a god and the mind of a twelve-year-old, he's not gonna need or want a leather jacket or a futuristic bodysuit, he's gonna want to look like a classic superhero.