Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

51 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm starting to regret that whole Revolutionary War thing a little..

*huh*

53 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I mean, thanks to that new Tron set, we know the Iron Man helmet from the Mighty Micros figure isn't a licensed piece, so a helmeted Deathstroke is entirely possible. If they didn't do a helmet, I can't imagine what variant they would do, given his outfit didn't change much until the addition of the helmet. Unless they did him without the mask? That's still 90% an existing figure, but I don't think most people would be too bothered by that. 

I was rather disappointed with the last death stroke Minifigure. Vulture from Homecoming used that helmet as well.

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I mean, thanks to that new Tron set, we know the Iron Man helmet from the Mighty Micros figure isn't a licensed piece, so a helmeted Deathstroke is entirely possible. If they didn't do a helmet, I can't imagine what variant they would do, given his outfit didn't change much until the addition of the helmet. Unless they did him without the mask? That's still 90% an existing figure, but I don't think most people would be too bothered by that. 

You know, I quite often see this argument on new figs, saying "the outfit didn't change much, so we won't get a new one." The thing is, these characters tend to get pretty dramatic overhauls while sticking to the same "essentials." Slade always has a half-orange mask and body armor, sure, but compare his classic look (what we got in a figure) to the New 52, and then to Rebirth. Three costumes all along the same lines, but dramatically different.

I don't mean to single you out or anything (sorry about that), but this argument always drives me crazy when it pops up. By this one, Batman or Wonder Woman would never get new figures, because their outfits don't change all that much when redesigned (I'd say it about Superman too, but we still haven't gotten a newer-comic style suit for him, so I at least see where it's coming from).

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

You know, I quite often see this argument on new figs, saying "the outfit didn't change much, so we won't get a new one." The thing is, these characters tend to get pretty dramatic overhauls while sticking to the same "essentials." Slade always has a half-orange mask and body armor, sure, but compare his classic look (what we got in a figure) to the New 52, and then to Rebirth. Three costumes all along the same lines, but dramatically different.

I don't mean to single you out or anything (sorry about that), but this argument always drives me crazy when it pops up. By this one, Batman or Wonder Woman would never get new figures, because their outfits don't change all that much when redesigned (I'd say it about Superman too, but we still haven't gotten a newer-comic style suit for him, so I at least see where it's coming from).

I just mean for the sake of a pre-order exclusive. Using most of the same prints as the nonexclusive version kinda sucks the value out of pre-ordering. Deathstroke, though, really did have the same costume in pretty much every appearance in comics up until his mask became a helmet. There aren't a lot of Deathstroke designs that wouldn't need the helmet mold, unless they pulled from sources outside the comics, save for his early New 52 appearance, and giving us a figure that's only slightly different from the retail version as an exclusive of this scale would be really disappointing and keep a lot of people from pre-ordering.

You're absolutely right about characters like Batman and Wonder Woman, though. They've had subtle but drastic changes over time and vary a lot from artist to artist, and each one really shifts the iconography of the character in a really meaningful way. (I actually plan to write a paper on just that very thing in my Visual Communications class!)

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

23 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

:roflmao:  Best reply ever.

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

When do you guys recon Black mask and Ventriloquist will show up?

If Brother Eye and the Court of Owls beat them out, there is absolutely no telling anymore. There's no pattern to any of it anymore, so somewhere between next winter and the end of time and space? :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

If Brother Eye and the Court of Owls beat them out, there is absolutely no telling anymore. There's no pattern to any of it anymore, so somewhere between next winter and the end of time and space? :shrug_confused:

That's very true, the obscure characters we now have for Batman's rouge gallery is amazing.  I mean who would of thought back in 2011 we would be getting Crazy Quilt.:laugh:

11 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

When do you guys recon Black mask and Ventriloquist will show up?

When Lego eventually gets round to making a non-jokerfied Wayne Manor I could see us getting Black Mask and Hush (both characters have an intense hatred for Bruce Wayne and Hush broke into the Batcave in ‘Heart of Hush’). Wesker seems like the kind of character who’d just be inserted into a set just because they needed a secondary antagonist (i.e. Killer Moth in Harvest of Fear, Boomerangs in the Croc set etc.)

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

When Lego eventually gets round to making a non-jokerfied Wayne Manor I could see us getting Black Mask and Hush (both characters have an intense hatred for Bruce Wayne and Hush broke into the Batcave in ‘Heart of Hush’). Wesker seems like the kind of character who’d just be inserted into a set just because they needed a secondary antagonist (i.e. Killer Moth in Harvest of Fear, Boomerangs in the Croc set etc.)

I hope we get a proper Wayne Manor at some point as the last one was a huge disappointment for me.  They really didn't need to include the Joker theme throughout the set in my opinion.   

That minifigure line up would be pretty good for Wayne Manor though.  As for Ventriloquist I believe Lego did a minifigure design for him a while ago didn't they?

Edited by Legoman123

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I hope we get a proper Wayne Manor at some point as the last one was a huge disappointment for me.  They really didn't need to include the Joker theme throughout the set in my opinion.   

That minifigure line up would be pretty good for Wayne Manor though.  As for Ventriloquist I believe Lego did a minifigure design for him a while ago didn't they?

He was in one of the Lego Magazine comics, although new pieces have been introduced since then that would change the design up a bit.

13 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

Have there been any rumours or talk of which Minifig will come with The Lego Flash movie?

I think the general consensus is that it'll be Atom, as he was shown in the trailer and will require no new molds

22 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I think the general consensus is that it'll be Atom, as he was shown in the trailer and will require no new molds

+ it looks like there's a new LEGO DC Super Heroes Visual Dictionary for september with an exclusive minifigure... Any toughts or infos on who it will be ?

2 minutes ago, brew said:

+ it looks like there's a new LEGO DC Super Heroes Visual Dictionary for september with an exclusive minifigure... Any toughts or infos on who it will be ?

I think a Superman variant is pretty likely considering we've had two Batman variants and one Wonder Woman in these book exclusives. I could see a Golden Age, New 52, Convergence or Rebirth Superman.

Never even thought about a golden age 1st appearance version. That would be great with action comics 1000 coming out soon 

otherwise his more modern rebirth costume would be welcomed 

I believe he’s getting the red trunks back soon though

Edited by thatblockoguy

5 hours ago, brew said:

There’s another book coming at about the same time, but that states that it comes with Aquaman. A variation would be nice.

11 hours ago, brew said:

C'moooooooooooooon Saturn Girl!

Please?

Edited by rob-ot5000

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

There’s another book coming at about the same time, but that states that it comes with Aquaman. A variation would be nice.

Where can I find this article? 

1 hour ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Please?

I know, right? Then Lego will have finished a team.

55 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Where can I find this article? 

A bit of scouring on Amazon. There’s obviously no picture yet but the blurb is there. The Visual Dictionary covers TLBM, so there is also potential for another Batsuit. The other book is a Superhero Training Handbook with Aquaman. As long as he isn’t wearing blue camouflage, I don’t mind.

29 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

The Visual Dictionary covers TLBM, so there is also potential for another Batsuit.

If Lego decided to go that route, maybe the Dictionary could include Gotham By Gaslight Batman to represent both TLBM and the regular DC Superheroes line.  Alternatively, I could see them including the Classic Cyborg design from TLBM.

On 1/23/2018 at 1:23 PM, thatblockoguy said:

Have there been any rumours or talk of which Minifig will come with The Lego Flash movie?

There was actually some chatter on Twitter about that. Jason Spisak (voice of the Lego Joker and Kid Flash from Young Justice) wants it to be Vacation Joker (seemingly unaware that we basically just got that figure with the slightest of variations in the CMF line), but liked a tweet that assumed it would be Atom. Of course, he probably doesn't know any more than we do, but I thought it was interesting!

Atom feels like the safest bet, but if I remember correctly, we saw the Trickster minifig long before the movie he came with, and he wasn't in the trailer. It's just as likely that it's someone we haven't even seen.

25 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

There was actually some chatter on Twitter about that. Jason Spisak (voice of the Lego Joker and Kid Flash from Young Justice) wants it to be Vacation Joker (seemingly unaware that we basically just got that figure with the slightest of variations in the CMF line), but liked a tweet that assumed it would be Atom. Of course, he probably doesn't know any more than we do, but I thought it was interesting!

Atom feels like the safest bet, but if I remember correctly, we saw the Trickster minifig long before the movie he came with, and he wasn't in the trailer. It's just as likely that it's someone we haven't even seen.

I really hope for an obscure character we wouldn't otherwise get in a set

16 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Please?

I'd dig this.

58 minutes ago, J4ck said:

RED TORNADO PLEASE LEGO

I'd also dig this.

If we're gonna go lesser-knowns, I'd love to see Aztek; either the original or the successor female Aztek would be great.