Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Does anyone know what comicsĀ brother eye has appeared in?

Most famously Infinite Crisis but they've been hinting at him in one of the more recent Detective Comic arcs (A Lonely Place of Living)

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Most famously Infinite Crisis but they've been hinting at him in one of the more recent Detective Comic arcs (A Lonely Place of Living)

Did he appear in a comic arc called futures end?

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Had to look that up but yes (sorry I didn't read much of the New 52)

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah, a story with Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis) travelling back in time to stop Brother Eye from assimilating the world. So... we might be getting Batman Beyond?!

4 hours ago, Felkin said:

Yeah, a story with Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis) travelling back in time to stop Brother Eye from assimilating the world. So... we might be getting Batman Beyond?!

Like I said, the Brother Eye set comes with Ace and Batman and no one else. It's pretty unlikely that we'd get Terry, unless they pass off the Beyond suit as just another Batman variant.

Just now, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Like I said, the Brother Eye set comes with Ace and Batman and no one else. It's pretty unlikely that we'd get Terry, unless they pass off the Beyond suit as just another Batman variant.

Ace comes in the Talons set.

There are 3 figs in the Eye set, two of which were reported as being Batmen

24 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Ace comes in the Talons set.

There are 3 figs in the Eye set, two of which were reported as being Batmen

I think Owlman is big possibility as that second ā€œBatmanā€. Brick show said it was blurry but this is just my assumption.

I hope it's okay to ask this question in this thread - how often does Lego recycle certain, iconic DC superhero sets / vehicles?

I'd like to add Wonder Woman's invisible jet to my Lego collection. I know that there was one releasedĀ in Lego set no.Ā 76026 (Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas) in 2015. And there was also a mini-build for Lego Dimensions and one included with a DC Superhero Girls set. I think there was also a cancelled design which was showcased in a Lego Visual Dictionary in 2012.

Is Lego likely to release a new invisible jet for Wonder Woman soon? Or is such a re-release unlikely in the near futureĀ because it's not directly Batman-related?

Ā 

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

I hope it's okay to ask this question in this thread - how often does Lego recycle certain, iconic DC superhero sets / vehicles?

I'd like to add Wonder Woman's invisible jet to my Lego collection. I know that there was one releasedĀ in Lego set no.Ā 76026 (Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas) in 2015. And there was also a mini-build for Lego Dimensions and one included with a DC Superhero Girls set. I think there was also a cancelled design which was showcased in a Lego Visual Dictionary in 2012.

Is Lego likely to release a new invisible jet for Wonder Woman soon? Or is such a re-release unlikely in the near futureĀ because it's not directly Batman-related?

Ā 

I would say that itā€™s a possibility it may come back. The surge in her popularity could certainly make Lego reconsider another Superheroes line set. Itā€™s really the only constant vehicle build that you will get for her. To be honest the jet in Grodd goes Bananas isnā€™t that great, its more of a novelty to finally get it.

The alluded to summer Batman sets aside, the designers finally got out their coloured pencils other than black and yellow again, which is a good sign. Hopefully they donā€™t get into a cycle of single season JL runs every couple of years to break up the Bat onslaught. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m a big Batfan, but there are other characters, you know.

1 hour ago, Agent 86 said:

Ā 

I'd say the Invisible Jet is more likely than most vehicles to get remade. Outside of the Batmobile, it's one of the best-known vehicles in DC. Everyone and their mother knows of the jet.

Thanks RedHoodPug and PepperoniBricks.

I'll hold off trying to track down Lego set no. 76026. As mentioned, the invisible jet build doesn't look particularly impressive. With the growing popularity of Wonder Woman's character, hopefully that will inspire Lego to produce a bigger and better version of her invisible jet (ideally with room for Steve Trevor). Wonder Woman, Steve Trevor, an invisible jet and a brick-built Giganta would be pretty awesome. I guess they'd have to throw in Batman or Superman as well, although perhaps they could give us BatwomanĀ or Powergirl instead?

No problem. The whole set isnā€™t that strong, tbh, as much as I like it and the minifigs/big fig. Good to get Grodd, even if he only has Brainiac-like nodes on his head instead of a helmet.

A brick built Giganta is a popular wish for, Iā€™ve noticed. It might calm Grodd down, too!Ā Ā There are dozens of heroes and villains waiting in the wings for the day that Batman and Joker get benched. I would be happy with any of them, be honest, as long as Lego finishes a team once they have started *cough* LoS, LoD, Titans, Lanterns, RoguesĀ *cough*

On 1/10/2018 at 3:21 PM, Agent 86 said:

Ā 

After a handful of Batmobiles and two Lex mechs, I'd say we'll get another Invisible Jet sooner or later. Technically, the jet in the Grodd set isn't even the actual Invisible Jet; at least in Lego Batman 3 it's called a glider or something. More Wonder Woman stuff is inevitable now that she's a commodity.Ā 

So weā€™re probably gonna get an exclusive fig in the Lego DC Villains video game...

Anyone want to place a bet on who itā€™ll be? Hopefully not another Lex/Joker or Harley.Ā Mad Hatter or Hush would be cool and prettyĀ fitting considering theyā€™veĀ appearedĀ in all three Lego Batman games.Ā Characters like Black Mask, Mirror Master or Heatwave wouldnā€™t need new molds (and Iā€™d be more than happy to get one of them)

Edited by Duncan Young

On 10 January 2018 at 11:21 PM, Agent 86 said:

Firstly, it was cancelled it was a concept that was never developed further.

Secondly, there is another invisible jet in the Mighty Micros from last year.

Ā 

I'm calling it:Ā 

2019 DC Mighty Micros Set #1 - Aquaman vs Black Manta/Oceanmaster

My reason being is that January 2019 is much closer to the Aquaman movie than January 2018 therefore better promotion of the film and more money for Lego however I can almost assure you it want beĀ directlyĀ tied in with the movie.

Edited by J4ck

Ā 

30 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

So weā€™re probably gonna get an exclusive fig in the Lego DC Villains video game...

Anyone want to place a bet on who itā€™ll be? Hopefully not another Lex/Joker or Harley.Ā Mad Hatter or Hush would be cool and prettyĀ fitting considering theyā€™veĀ appearedĀ in all three Lego Batman games.Ā Characters like Black Mask, Mirror Master or Heatwave wouldnā€™t need new molds (and Iā€™d be more than happy to get one of them)

Minifig versions of Giganta or Killer Croc would be cool, kind of how polybags were made for traditionally larger characters like Hulk and Giant Man. Along with those Flash rogues, Cyborg Superman, Metallo, and Parasite would be great as well.

On the other hand, I hope lego takes this chance to redesign some of these villains like Brainiac,Ā Sinestro with ears, Joker with a completely redesigned face.

30 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Secondly, there is another invisible jet in the Mighty Micros from last year

Yeah, but it's Mighty Micros, it's separate.Ā 

52 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I'm calling it:Ā 

2019 DC Mighty Micros Set #1 - Aquaman vs Black Manta/Oceanmaster

My reason being is that January 2019 is much closer to the Aquaman movie than January 2018 therefore better promotion of the film and more money for Lego however I can almost assure you it want beĀ directlyĀ tied in with the movie.

Do you think Lego would be so cruel as to not produce a movie-based set? Donā€™t get me wrong, I might get that Aquaman sub I mentioned earlier, but they might come up with something that isnā€™t a ruined Atlantean temple.Ā 

@Duncan Young I would love Black Adam to add some weight to my Forever Evil-era Injustice League, but it wonā€™t be him. As much as there are more Bat Rogues, I would rather someone else. Poor Cyborg doesnā€™t have a foe, but is there anyone famous enough? Iā€™m going to put my hypothetical money on a Giganta fig, as @Raptor of VengeanceĀ mentioned.

So the satellite is Brothers Eye and is the Mohawk villain O.M.A.C. also, does anyone know when these sets are coming out ?

Edited by Dr.Cogg

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Those minifigs are always really unexpected for better or for worse, which is partly why I'm holding off on speculation for the time being. The other part is that I'm still not convinced that this is a game entirely about the villain end of things and not just a Justice League game that has the word "villains" in the title.

BUT that's not very fun of me, so I'm hoping for either Amazo or a Sinestro in his old blue costume, since it's unlikely that they could justify putting that variant in a set.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Do you think Lego would be so cruel as to not produce a movie-based set? Donā€™t get me wrong, I might get that Aquaman sub I mentioned earlier, but they might come up with something that isnā€™t a ruined Atlantean temple.Ā 

@Duncan Young I would love Black Adam to add some weight to my Forever Evil-era Injustice League, but it wonā€™t be him. As much as there are more Bat Rogues, I would rather someone else. Poor Cyborg doesnā€™t have a foe, but is there anyone famous enough? Iā€™m going to put my hypothetical money on a Giganta fig, as @Raptor of VengeanceĀ mentioned.

Fame isn't exactly relevant in those minifig choices. (I mean, look at most-unrecognizable-version-of-Giant-Man or Plastic-Man-from-that-one-page-of-Flashpoint-where-he-killed-some-guys) I think Cyborg's only big villain right now is Grid, though, and I can't imagine him working without a new head mold.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

So the satellite is Brothers Eye and is the Mohawk villain O.M.A.C. also, does anyone know when these sets are coming out ?

I'm like 99.99999% sure that Zebra Man is standing in for OMAC in that set. He's the only mohawked character that would make sense in a Brother Eye set. I'm curious as to who the third figure is, myself. The top of the box shows Zebra Man and two Batman figures, same for the bottom corner I think, so it must be a character whose closest visual counterpart is Batman, but there's certainly not a lot of those that seem all too plausible. Ideally I'd want it to be Mr. Terrific, but there are better preliminary figs than what they used if that was the case.

As for the release date, all the catalog lists is August 2018.Ā 

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

12 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I know Lego will produce (an) Aqua man set(s). I'm saying Lego will do a mm set because Aqua man I'll be big in January twenty nineteen.

17 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm leaning towards Black Adam. Ares, Heatwave, or a new Deathstroke all seem plausible too, though.

15 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

As for the release date, all the catalog lists is August 2018.Ā 

That's in the context of American LegoĀ schedules. For us Brits its JuneĀ :grin:

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

That's in the context of American LegoĀ schedules. For us Brits its JuneĀ :grin:

I'm starting to regret that whole Revolutionary War thing a little..

6 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I'm leaning towards Black Adam. Ares, Heatwave, or a new Deathstroke all seem plausible too, though.

I mean, thanks to that new Tron set, we know the Iron Man helmet from the Mighty Micros figure isn't a licensed piece, so a helmeted Deathstroke is entirely possible. If they didn't do a helmet, I can't imagine what variant they would do, given his outfit didn't change much until the addition of the helmet. Unless they did him without the mask? That's still 90% an existing figure, but I don't think most people would be too bothered by that.Ā