Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

11 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Given that the new sets are already or are about to be released, when can we expect rumors/news on the summer waves?

I think in the past we don't start to hear much about the summer until early spring, so March at the earliest, most likely around May. Granted, I think leaks have been a little quicker lately, so who knows!

11 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Given that the new sets are already or are about to be released, when can we expect rumors/news on the summer waves?

Toy fairs in 2018. All non movie based sets will most likely be revealed here (so most likely everything minus aqua man). Our first descriptions will come with the first toy fair where pictures are not allowed. Then come pictures at the next and finally the brickshow will have full videos looks of the sets at NY toy fair

I'd definitely say it should be a bit slower for the next while before leaks or reveals later down the road happen. I could be very wrong, but if I'm remembering, there is precedent for my guess from previous years. If I am wrong, and everything pops up incredibly quickly, feel free to make me eat my words. :laugh:

Just now, PepperoniBricks said:

I'd definitely say it should be a bit slower for the next while before leaks or reveals later down the road happen. I could be very wrong, but if I'm remembering, there is precedent for my guess from previous years. If I am wrong, and everything pops up incredibly quickly, feel free to make me eat my words. :laugh:

Star Wars prelims have already leaked

Just now, The Pearson said:

Star Wars prelims have already leaked

I'm speaking solely on new Super Heroes release stuff. Star Wars doesn't surprise me that they're already popping up, as that is a somewhat bigger theme and very likely has everything worked (somewhat) more in advance.

We start getting Super Heroes summer set leaks in February and March from the Toy Fairs. I remember that’s when the Homecoming sets were revealed and so were the 2016 summer comic book sets (Spider-Man Bridge Battle, Killer Croc Sewer Smash, etc). 

Now that the Brick Show has provided us with names for the summer wave, I have a few ideas on how they'll turn out

Brother Eye Takedown ÂŁ29.99+

Includes Batman, Booster Gold, Two OMACs. 

Based in the Justice League Watchtower's monitor room. Brother Eye would probably be featured as a sticker on the monitor screen though a print would be preferable

Attack of the Talons

Includes Batman, Red Robin, two Talons, Lincoln March

Build would be an oversized version of Batman's Thrasher Suit from the New 52 and a couple of Batcave modules

App Controlled Batmobile

Includes Batman, Harley Quinn and the Arkham Knight

The build would simply be the Arkham Knight Batmobile

Maybe instead of 2 Talons in your set idea we should get 1 Talon and 1 Court of Owls member so people could Army build both

I think the Brick Show later stated we’d be getting two Talons, I wonder if they’ll be different though (Maybe a more genric Talon footsoldier and then a William Cobb fig). They also mentioned that Batman was in armour so maybe we’ll end up getting a minifig sized Thrasher Batman after all. 

As for the 2nd set, I don’t think we know whether the unknown fig is a hero or villain meaning it could very well be Booster, Ted or an OMAC. Perhaps the other Batman is an antagonist, such as Wrath or Owlman considering these sets were reported as still very preliminary

50 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I think the Brick Show later stated we’d be getting two Talons, I wonder if they’ll be different though (Maybe a more genric Talon footsoldier and then a William Cobb fig). They also mentioned that Batman was in armour so maybe we’ll end up getting a minifig sized Thrasher Batman after all. 

As for the 2nd set, I don’t think we know whether the unknown fig is a hero or villain meaning it could very well be Booster, Ted or an OMAC. Perhaps the other Batman is an antagonist, such as Wrath or Owlman considering these sets were reported as still very preliminary

From what the brick show said I am fairly confident the brother eye set comes with Batman, Booster Gold and Skeets but I could be wrong.

Also we are getting 2 talons apparently and Ace the bathound! 

11 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Now that the Brick Show has provided us with names for the summer wave, I have a few ideas on how they'll turn out

Based in the Justice League Watchtower's monitor room. Brother Eye would probably be featured as a sticker on the monitor screen though a print would be preferable

Attack of the Talons

Build would be an oversized version of Batman's Thrasher Suit from the New 52 and a couple of Batcave modules

App Controlled Batmobile

When was an app controlled batmobile mentioned? 

I'm really wanna what one Talon who look like character from Dark Souls, (Uriah Boone maybe his name and he is first Talon, right?). 

39 minutes ago, ZoKpooL said:

I'm really wanna what one Talon who look like character from Dark Souls, (Uriah Boone maybe his name and he is first Talon, right?). 

One of the first, definitely. There are a good number of them with cool designs. I still can’t get my head around the idea that Lego has taken the creative leap of producing Talons. I’m going to have to sell body parts if they keep this up!

12 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Attack of the Talons

App Controlled Batmobile

Brick Show later described the sets. The Talon set only includes Batman, Ace the Bathound, and two talons. They didn’t have much info on the brother eye set besides the builds which is brother eye and a batwing. They said two bat charaters though for minifigures but couldn’t tell what the others were. 

Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Brick Show later described the sets. The Talon set only includes Batman, Ace the Bathound, and two talons. They didn’t have much info on the brother eye set besides the builds which is brother eye and a batwing. They said two bat charaters though for minifigures but couldn’t tell what the others were. 

No mention of the Arkham knight batmobile. Still early days. 

11 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Specially 2 batman

43 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

The talon set also include a 3 wheeler. That's what was said with a heavy armored Batman. 

Shame, I was really hoping for justice league comic based sets not batman sets for the summer wave, hopefully we will get a green lantern set again one day 

On 1/6/2018 at 6:37 AM, Duncan Young said:

Attack of the Talons

App Controlled Batmobile

Was Booster Gold ever confirmed or was that just your idea?

7 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

Was Booster Gold ever confirmed or was that just your idea?

From the post you quoted: "Now that the Brick Show has provided us with names for the summer wave, I have a few ideas on how they'll turn out".

That seems...odd. These sets are still going to be competing with Lego Batman Movie sets (although the new wave only has two sets with Batman in them) and are featuring some pretty odd villain choices. Brother Eye has only made rare, sporadic appearances lately, and the Talons are really new, but not new enough for DC to still be promoting them. Ace makes sense, judging by the new mold they made for Krypto, but the other set having two Batman figures sounds odd. I'm sure that doesn't mean two literal Bruce Wayne Batmans, but that would have to mean another character who wears that cowl, which is pretty limiting: Jean Paul Valley, Batwing, and I guess maybe Knight? Jean Paul would be a very left-field pick, especially if he's meant to sell the set in terms of minifigures, and I doubt Batwing (the character) would be in a set that contains the Batwing (the plane), especially since he's received very little attention from anyone lately. Knight is way too obscure and they'd definitely get more creative if they had "Batman, but British and medieval-themed" in a set. If it were two Bats in the Brother Eye set, I'd call Batman Beyond, but as it stands? These sets make absolutely no sense to me.

If they turn out to be real, I'd definitely be excited for a Brother Eye set (I tried building my own Brother Eye a while back with no luck), but I'm still not entirely convinced. Duncan's ideas honestly sound far more plausible, save for Lincoln March (when was the last time a set not based on a movie had a suit-and-tie villain in it? I'm pretty sure that was the first Lex set, and that was for Lex Luthor.)

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd
italicized Lex Luthor to further drive my point

What if the two batmans are standard Bruce Wayne batman and the commissioner Gordon armoured batman? 

8 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

What if the two batmans are standard Bruce Wayne batman and the commissioner Gordon armoured batman? 

Maybe. At this point, that is just as plausible as anyone else. Hopefully we see more of the Rebirth Batman for the standard "Bruce" Bat. It'd be nice if we got one of the incredibly rare dual-colored capes to get his black-and-purple Rebirth cape too.

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

That seems...odd. These sets are still going to be competing with Lego Batman Movie sets (although the new wave only has two sets with Batman in them) and are featuring some pretty odd villain choices. Brother Eye has only made rare, sporadic appearances lately, and the Talons are really new, but not new enough for DC to still be promoting them. Ace makes sense, judging by the new mold they made for Krypto, but the other set having two Batman figures sounds odd. I'm sure that doesn't mean two literal Bruce Wayne Batmans, but that would have to mean another character who wears that cowl, which is pretty limiting: Jean Paul Valley, Batwing, and I guess maybe Knight? Jean Paul would be a very left-field pick, especially if he's meant to sell the set in terms of minifigures, and I doubt Batwing (the character) would be in a set that contains the Batwing (the plane), especially since he's received very little attention from anyone lately. Knight is way too obscure and they'd definitely get more creative if they had "Batman, but British and medieval-themed" in a set. If it were two Bats in the Brother Eye set, I'd call Batman Beyond, but as it stands? These sets make absolutely no sense to me.

If they turn out to be real, I'd definitely be excited for a Brother Eye set (I tried building my own Brother Eye a while back with no luck), but I'm still not entirely convinced. Duncan's ideas honestly sound far more plausible, save for Lincoln March (when was the last time a set not based on a movie had a suit-and-tie villain in it? I'm pretty sure that was the first Lex set, and that was for Lex Luthor.)

Actually, after his intial appearance in the first Court of Owls story, March became the Earth One Owlman and wore an armoured costume which was a mix of Batman/Talon suits.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/f8bcj

Of course I don’t really know anything but it’s a bit strange to me that the only villains in the set would be generic Talons, the only other times the only villains were unnamed characters were for movie sets: Kryptonite Interception, Battle for Atlantis etc.

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Of course I don’t really know anything but it’s a bit strange to me that the only villains in the set would be generic Talons, the only other times the only villains were unnamed characters were for movie sets: Kryptonite Interception, Battle for Atlantis etc.

While there are specific, unique Talons, the generic Talons tend to get treated, in group, as a member of Batman's rogues gallery, so it's only halfway "generic," which is probably why.