Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

1 hour ago, ZoKpooL said:

now i`m really want set with Hawk, Dove, Bats in obscure/toyish costume, and Copperhead and another dropped from legobatmanmovie character as villains.:wub:

I never thought I'd get to say this, but: The Hawk and Dove hype is real! While I do think we're unlikely to see any Batman-heavy sets for at least another year (don't wanna compete with those Lego Batman Movie sets!), I think that would be an easy enough set to get made, since every one of those figures would use existing molds. 

2 hours ago, ZoKpooL said:

now i`m really want set with Hawk, Dove, Bats in obscure/toyish costume, and Copperhead and another dropped from legobatmanmovie character as villains.:wub:

Copperhead would be a fun character to get, espcecially if they went with the full snake costume of the original version

Heres how I think the summer wave could turn out (at the moment I don’t know anything, just fun speculation)

Copperhead Chopper Chase (£29.99)

• Includes a helicopter for Copperhead (similar to all those Ninjago ones) and a motorcycle for Batwoman
  • Figs would be Batman (Rebirth variant with two toned cape), Batwoman, Hush, Copperhead

Heatwave Hot Rod Pursuit (£49.99)

• Includes a hot rod for Heatwave, Red Robin’s Red Bird and a large jet pack for Firefly
  • Figs would be Red Robin (Rebirth variant), Spoiler, Kid Flash (Strawberry Wally), Heatwave, Firefly)

Grundy’s Swamp Showdown (£59.99)

• Includes oversized gangster car, a Bat-Swamp Boat and some swamp details
  • Figs would be Batman (They’d make a swamp variant somehow, you know they would :P), Raven, Constantine, Solomon Grundy (Big-Fig), The Ventrilloquist 

I think at most we’d get two Aquaman sets in September (possible spoilers)

Spoiler

Aquaman Final Battle (£19.99)

• Includes brick built shark
  • Figs would be Aquaman (Shirtless) and Ocean Master

Aquaman’s Ultimate Showdown (£44.99)

• Includes a submarine/some kinda craft for Black Manta
  • Figs would Aquaman (standard), Mera, Black Manta, Two Trench Soldiers

7 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Spoiler

I'm gonna to think what if we ever got Spoiler, before we got a RobinSteph, including Cuemaster as villain, among this villain who lego belvieved to sell toys like Deathstorke or Harley.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Heatwave, Firefly

Two fire villains? Doubtful. 

11 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Raven, Constantine, Solomon Grundy (Big-Fig), The Ventrilloquist 

I always thought about set including Bats, bigfig Swampy, bigfig Grundy and Floro and/or Ivy, something like The Good v.s Green

12 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Hush

I'm more want Prometheus, he is like very joke and very lethal and very very lethal joke at same time.  

But yeah, it's a good ideas after all.

49 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

While I do think we're unlikely to see any Batman-heavy sets for at least another year (don't wanna compete with those Lego Batman Movie sets!

I'm think we gonna have a set like this in summer or winter. 

Again, i'm think, we gonna see BatVillains-who-not-only-villians-for-Bat-but-for-all-heroes-but-people-think-or-love-them-as-Bat-villains, like Copper, Grundy, Prometheus, Floronic Man etc. It's be like a creative balance.

Anyway, i'm not the first person who said this, but THEY DIDN'T RELEASED EVEN A MUSTACHE HATTER FROM 66. Gosh, i'm have a Magpie, Catman, Calendar Man, gonna had a Clayface (not to mention they released VERY low-level villains), and i'm need a Hatter dose. Jarvis did't exicted in lego form and it's like a treachery.   

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Heres how I think the summer wave could turn out (at the moment I don’t know anything, just fun speculation)

I wish this wave were real! :hmpf_bad:  I'm still hoping that they release different versions of Shazam, Atom, Vixen and Bizarro outside of the SDCC exclusives.  Other characters I could see potentially being made in the future include:

Ares (comic version, as a minifigure this time), Black Adam (If a different version of Shazam is made), bigfig Doomsday (Doomsday was already released as a Mighty Micros minifigure, which gives me hope), Zatanna (Surprised we haven't gotten one yet) bigfig Atrocitus with Dex-Star (Would rather have this over another Sinestro in a Green Lantern set), Doctor Fate (I WANT), Enchantress (We got comic versions of most of the other Suicide Squad characters, so...), Black Lightning (comic version, though I wouldn't be surprised if a CW show version is released as a SDCC exclusive), Metallo (One of the more prominent Superman villains that LEGO hasn't done), Mr. Mxyzptlk (Same reasoning as Metallo) Toyman (Could include some interesting toy builds), Circe (Some more Wonder Woman villains would be nice), and Giganta (Could be brick built like Giant-Man)

Edited by spiderfan2000

That's a pretty cool idea for a wave, but it seems a little pie-in-the-sky. Batwoman and Hush would be really cool figures, but I doubt we'd get them both in one set without any sort of precedent (movie, comic, television, etc. emphasis). Two helicopter-based sets in one year also seems a little unlikely. Heatwave and Firefly are easy choices, but I'm not sure Red Robin and Spoiler would fit, with them totaling 5 new figures and none of them being A-listers. As much as I love them, realistically they'd be swapped out for someone like Green Lantern or Flash. (I just checked, and outside of the Mighty Micros, the Wonder Woman movie set, and the Aquaman Justice League set, this Flash/Cyborg set is the first set not to include either Batman or Superman, so it looks like the whole League can sell a set these days!) Apart from Constantine's inclusion and the price tag, that Grundy set sounds not only possible but really great! As for the Aquaman stuff, I think the villains and Aquaman outfits might get switched around, since Lego seems to like having a super affordable set with the main hero as they appear on the poster and his primary punching partner (Metropolis Showdown and Clash of Heroes). 

6 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

That's a pretty cool idea for a wave, but it seems a little pie-in-the-sky. Batwoman and Hush would be really cool figures, but I doubt we'd get them both in one set without any sort of precedent (movie, comic, television, etc. emphasis). Two helicopter-based sets in one year also seems a little unlikely. Heatwave and Firefly are easy choices, but I'm not sure Red Robin and Spoiler would fit, with them totaling 5 new figures and none of them being A-listers. As much as I love them, realistically they'd be swapped out for someone like Green Lantern or Flash. (I just checked, and outside of the Mighty Micros, the Wonder Woman movie set, and the Aquaman Justice League set, this Flash/Cyborg set is the first set not to include either Batman or Superman, so it looks like the whole League can sell a set these days!) Apart from Constantine's inclusion and the price tag, that Grundy set sounds not only possible but really great! As for the Aquaman stuff, I think the villains and Aquaman outfits might get switched around, since Lego seems to like having a super affordable set with the main hero as they appear on the poster and his primary punching partner (Metropolis Showdown and Clash of Heroes). 

You do raise some good points, especially regarding the Aquaman sets. From the Making of TLBM book we know that DC/Lego have been considering Ventrilloquist and Hush figs. I also chose Heatwave due to his prevalence in Legends of Tomorrow and Constantine as he will be getting a CW Seed show. While the character has dark themes that hasn’t stopped them from making characters like Carnage or Lobo (if not I’d be equally happy with Zatanna). As for Batwoman, Spoiler and Red Robin, all three are main characters in the current Detective Comics run with Tim playing a fairly large role in the Rebirth mystery. I mean, I’d be more than happy if we got more Justice League heroes/villains but this is LEGO we’re talking about.

I like how Lego has started trusting sets to not have SuperBats to sell. Since Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash/Cyborg have now been allowed to have their own sets, it's fun to wonder who might get their own next. Green Lantern seems plausible, especially if it has two+ of the Earth lanterns we all know and love. I feel like eventually we may get a Green Arrow + second hero set, leaning towards Black Canary or Flash again. A Nightwing standalone seems rather likely down the road, possibly not even just movie-based, whenever that happens.

If there is a DVD exclusive figure, I definitely hope it would be Atom.  Doctor Fate would require a new helmet mold, so that probably rules him out.

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I assume that, as with the previous films, we’ll get an exclusive fig (I’m hoping for that Ryan Choi Atom :wub:)

Is it wrong of me to think that Ace would be cool? Or have I been Stockholmed with Batfigures? Zatanna would be cool, Fate very cool. Oh, and Atom. Good way to avoid new moulds and step away from SDCC Palmer Atom.

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Trailer for the latest Direct to DVD LEGO film:

This seems to sort of explain why we now have our first comic based DC set with no inclusion of either Batman or Superman in 2018 (a.k.a. 76098).

Some thoughts inspired by the trailer. I'm sooooo hoping for an Atom fig, and this would be a great place to get it. Dr. Fate looks like the exact design from Lego Batman 3, so I doubt it'll be him. Zatanna looked like a new design, but since that's be a new hairpiece, probably not her either. And though I certainly don't want it to be the figure included, Pajama Barry is a nice, simple design that looks pretty fun too. And an egg-beater hand piece? Yes please. An Ace the Bat-Hound would be cool down the road, if done like Krypto, which feels plausible for a future set.

Does anyone else find it kind of darkly amusing that Joker's costume is the tropical shirt he crippled Barbara in during that trailer? Or that Reverse Flash does the motion-blur effect he did in the tv show when murdering Nora?

Just now, PepperoniBricks said:

Does anyone else find it kind of darkly amusing that Joker's costume is the tropical shirt he crippled Barbara in during that trailer? Or that Reverse Flash does the motion-blur effect he did in the tv show when murdering Nora?

I don't know anything about the Flash tv show but yeah Joker in his tropical outfit was hilarious like they could've just left him in his normal suit but nope, gotta give him a completely accurate killing joke outfit just to sell the CMF version of the figure.

It's funny how they're still using the New 52 costumes for most of the team like with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg. I would've thought they switched the designs to their Rebirth looks by now.

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

It's funny how they're still using the New 52 costumes for most of the team like with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg. I would've thought they switched the designs to their Rebirth looks by now.

The animation probably began production before the release of Rebirth. 

Given that the movie is about the speedforce maybe this will function as Lego's Flashpoint? Resetting the timeline and giving the heroes new Rebirth outfits, its atleast an idea worth considering. I wonder what exclusive figure we'll get with this, from the trailer itself there are a few possibilities.with Atom definitely being the standout plus that would also mean that we have gotten a large chunk of the JLA Rebirth roster this year; Black Canary, Lobo, Rebirth Batman, Killer Frost, Vixen (SDCC) and maybe Atom.

According to the press release, B’dg is in it as well, and Aquaman’s seahorse Storm. I’m not fussed on whether the costumes are anachronistic, I’m more impressed with the range of characters. Lego and DC showing faith in those who aren’t the Trinity is a good thing, even if some of them remain pixelated. This may prove to be another Lego DC movie that is better than a similar live action one. Either which way, happy days!

I'm hoping for Atom, too, but I hope they make a few changes from the movie to the figure. The red torso with blue printing doesn't look nearly as nice as it would the other way around imo. There's just too much red on him as he is right now. B'dg is a solid possibility, too, since he could plausibly be made with existing Chima parts. 

I know these movies are rarely indicative of the sets, but the inclusion of Doctor Fate, Plastic Man, and Zatanna make me wonder if we'll see any of them in some form in the summer wave. I'd say Ace is more certain now than ever, with this coming in tandem with the new dog mold we're getting with Krypto. This definitely proves, though, that Flash has joined the ranks of Batman and Superman in terms of characters that can sell sets, which means Kid Flash and the Rogues are more likely than ever. That sentiment matches up pretty well with DC's general mindset post-Justice League, too, so Flash fans rejoice! 

15 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Judging by past work, I'd say this is entirely about spending as little money and effort as possible on new character models and locations. I mean, come on, this is still taking place in Metropolis instead of Central City, and they still haven't made Batman's color scheme match any existing Batman figure. They're not terribly concerned with aesthetics or continuity. 

9 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

with Atom definitely being the standout plus that would also mean that we have gotten a large chunk of the JLA Rebirth roster this year; Black Canary, Lobo, Rebirth Batman, Killer Frost, Vixen (SDCC) and maybe Atom.

I don't think that's an accident. Save for Lobo and Batsy, that team is all characters (or versions of characters) who are getting a big TV push. The Ray has an animated series, Vixen and Atom are on Legends, Black Canary is in Arrow, and Killer Frost is on Flash. Apart from Ray, Vixen, and Canary, they've all gotten at least spotlight episodes as well as recurring guest appearances on Justice League Action. If you look at who's showing up on tv, who's showing up in the movies, who's been in talks for shows or movies of their own, and the Rebirth lineup, you're gonna see a lot of the same names. Imaginext just rolled out a collectible figure wave made almost entirely of CW characters, and we're getting a huge batch of those characters on the LEGO side, too, and as I said, that's no accident. 

11 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm hoping for Atom, too, but I hope they make a few changes from the movie to the figure. The red torso with blue printing doesn't look nearly as nice as it would the other way around imo. There's just too much red on him as he is right now. B'dg is a solid possibility, too, since he could plausibly be made with existing Chima parts. 

I know these movies are rarely indicative of the sets, but the inclusion of Doctor Fate, Plastic Man, and Zatanna make me wonder if we'll see any of them in some form in the summer wave. I'd say Ace is more certain now than ever, with this coming in tandem with the new dog mold we're getting with Krypto. This definitely proves, though, that Flash has joined the ranks of Batman and Superman in terms of characters that can sell sets, which means Kid Flash and the Rogues are more likely than ever. That sentiment matches up pretty well with DC's general mindset post-Justice League, too, so Flash fans rejoice! 

Judging by past work, I'd say this is entirely about spending as little money and effort as possible on new character models and locations. I mean, come on, this is still taking place in Metropolis instead of Central City, and they still haven't made Batman's color scheme match any existing Batman figure. They're not terribly concerned with aesthetics or continuity. 

11 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I don't think that's an accident. Save for Lobo and Batsy, that team is all characters (or versions of characters) who are getting a big TV push. The Ray has an animated series, Vixen and Atom are on Legends, Black Canary is in Arrow, and Killer Frost is on Flash. Apart from Ray, Vixen, and Canary, they've all gotten at least spotlight episodes as well as recurring guest appearances on Justice League Action. If you look at who's showing up on tv, who's showing up in the movies, who's been in talks for shows or movies of their own, and the Rebirth lineup, you're gonna see a lot of the same names. Imaginext just rolled out a collectible figure wave made almost entirely of CW characters, and we're getting a huge batch of those characters on the LEGO side, too, and as I said, that's no accident. 

Thank you for pointing all that out sir!

2 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Given that the new sets are already or are about to be released, when can we expect rumors/news on the summer waves?

Soon I hope :D