Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

On 11/26/2017 at 11:32 AM, Themadpatter said:

I missed Brainiac, Supergirl, Starfire and Beast Boy. Is it likely they’ll be used again in the future?

Normal appearances (not counting micros) will probably depend on demand. My guess is that they won't appear for a couple of years or so, since Lego has gotten pretty fond of mixing up villains and supporting heroes these last few years, but all three seem like they would have enough demand to pop back up again at some point.

I had a thought, in the lego Batman 3 game, Deathstroke and the DLC Deathstroke have printed helmets that are very similar in design to the new ‘all purpose’ helmet used on Iron Man and Vulture in the Marvel line. Does anything think there’s a chance we could see a new Deathstroke with this helmet? It’s pretty much perfect for the figure, and the original face always seemed a bit off to me.

also it could have been used for the fully helmeted Cyborg from Justice League, if that had remained in the movie,

A while ago on this topic, there was some discussion about the hypothetical possibility that the second half of 2018 may give us some Teen Titans based/inspired sets, given that the third season of Young Justice, the live action Titans TV show, and the theatrical animated Teen Titans movie are all premiering the same year.

So regarding the live action TV show particularly, an official image of actor Brenton Thwaites as Robin was just released. 

Screen Rant - First Look at Brenton Thwaites as Robin in DC's Titans

Spoiler

Titans-Brenton-Thwaites-Robin-Costume.jp

I wonder how popular this show will turn out to be, and whether or not if it may influence future DC sets, comic based or otherwise.

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A while ago on this topic, there was some discussion about the hypothetical possibility that the second half of 2018 may give us some Teen Titans based/inspired sets, given that the third season of Young Justice, the live action Titans TV show, and the theatrical animated Teen Titans movie are all premiering the same year.

I wonder how popular this show will turn out to be, and whether or not if it may influence future DC sets, comic based or otherwise.

Hopefully we'll get a Suicide Squad-type situation where various Teen Titans / Young Justice characters start showing up in sets, probably in their comic book outfits. Aqualad in an Aquaman set (with Scuba Batman, no doubt)? Artemis with Green Arrow, etc? And they've GOT to give us a proper Raven sometime!

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll get anything based directly on a TV show. I'm still surprised we haven't gotten a Flash variant in Dark Red based on his TV outfit, for example. Which is a shame, this year's big crossover would make a great set: Supergirl, Flash and Green Arrow against their evil Earth-X counterparts!

35 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Hopefully we'll get a Suicide Squad-type situation where various Teen Titans / Young Justice characters start showing up in sets, probably in their comic book outfits. Aqualad in an Aquaman set (with Scuba Batman, no doubt)? Artemis with Green Arrow, etc? And they've GOT to give us a proper Raven sometime!

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll get anything based directly on a TV show. I'm still surprised we haven't gotten a Flash variant in Dark Red based on his TV outfit, for example. Which is a shame, this year's big crossover would make a great set: Supergirl, Flash and Green Arrow against their evil Earth-X counterparts!

I feel like further Teen Titans are plausible, as they continue to stay popular media.

Fun as the crossover would've been, there wouldn't be any way we'd get a literal adaptation from Lego, since the villainous doppelgangers were literal Nazis with "SS" emblazoned chestpieces. That being said, slight modifications and having a set with ANY heroes vs evil alternate selves would be cool too.

lego-super-heroes-_-_-_76098_-4.jpg

*Coughs* Green Lantern Tease

I bet this is why Lego hasn't done anymore GL stuff because they wanted to do it right with these cool pieces.

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

I bet this is why Lego hasn't done anymore GL stuff because they wanted to do it right with these cool pieces.

More Green Lantern sets would be great!  If LEGO doesn't use those new parts for Lanterns, that would be a huge missed opportunity.

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

More Green Lantern sets would be great!  If LEGO doesn't use those new parts for Lanterns, that would be a huge missed opportunity.

I think these pieces will be in every DC Comics set (excluding maybe sets based off of movies and mighty micros).

On 11/24/2017 at 7:44 PM, MisterBatfleck said:

Can we get some ring pieces like the molded ones from LB3 this time though? Heck, I'd even settle for the Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Handle piece from the Spider-Man sets in different colors with a printed flat tile that has each respective Lantern Corps logo on it.

I used to be very against the idea of making the rings actual pieces, but that handle piece seems perfect for a good, sensible Lantern ring. I'd love to see that.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:32 AM, Themadpatter said:

I missed Brainiac, Supergirl, Starfire and Beast Boy. Is it likely they’ll be used again in the future?

I'd hit up Bricklink for those guys. Supergirl might be back sooner than later, but I'd say the others aren't going to make a reappearance for a while. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to wait to see what next summer has in store, though, since that's a real wild card. 

On 11/28/2017 at 3:27 AM, Whovastron said:

I had a thought, in the lego Batman 3 game, Deathstroke and the DLC Deathstroke have printed helmets that are very similar in design to the new ‘all purpose’ helmet used on Iron Man and Vulture in the Marvel line. Does anything think there’s a chance we could see a new Deathstroke with this helmet? It’s pretty much perfect for the figure, and the original face always seemed a bit off to me.

also it could have been used for the fully helmeted Cyborg from Justice League, if that had remained in the movie,

It's certainly unclear whether or not that falls into the license-specific mold category, since it isn't terribly specific. If they use it anywhere in the DC line, though, it'll probably be on a new Deathstroke figure. If not soon, then definitely when they do whatever movie is supposed to feature Deathstroke in it now.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:04 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

So regarding the live action TV show particularly, an official image of actor Brenton Thwaites as Robin was just released. 

Screen Rant - First Look at Brenton Thwaites as Robin in DC's Titans

Reveal hidden contents

Titans-Brenton-Thwaites-Robin-Costume.jp

First off: that suit is a dream come true!! :wub:

I'd say, though, that the tv show won't mean much in terms of toys, save for maybe some DC Legends figures. It's not like it's on cable or Netflix - putting it on that private streaming service makes its tie-in appeal extremely limited. I'd say the same applies to Young Justice at this point, although that Teen Titans Go movie is bound to get us something, albeit probably featuring figs in the same style as the show and the Dimensions packs. I'd say there's a good 20% chance that we get loose tie-in sets with the Titans in them instead of a proper TTG sub-theme, and even then, it'll probably only warrant one new figure: Raven.

(and if I set my expectations that low, there's always the potential that they could exceed them! #KidFlash&Speedy2018!!)

On 12/4/2017 at 4:27 AM, J4ck said:

I think these pieces will be in every DC Comics set (excluding maybe sets based off of movies and mighty micros).

Sounds about right. I mean, they're in all three of the new sets, even when they only barely make sense. If there's a character you wanna see and they could use either those or the new lightning bolts - bonus points if they're in Justice League Action - then you might just be in luck.

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

I already know these new molded pieces from the Lobo set will make perfect Green Lantern ring constructs.

Truth be told, I'd much rather they take some of the existing accessories and just make them in trans green, like that cool staff thingy that Sinestro had in the last set. Baseball bats, those fist pieces, maybe a chainsaw, fun stuff like that. I'll take whatever Green Lantern stuff they're willing to give, though!

13 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

hUgm241.png

I already know these new molded pieces from the Lobo set will make perfect Green Lantern ring constructs.

I agree apart from one little nitpick, I think the trans colour needs to be a little darker. Is it called trans dark green I'm referring to?

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

I agree apart from one little nitpick, I think the trans colour needs to be a little darker. Is it called trans dark green I'm referring to?

The parts shown there look like to me they are done in Trans. Bright Green. The only other two shades of transparent green that currently exist on Lego's palette are Trans. Green (the older, darker shade) and Trans. Fluorescent Green (a.k.a. Blacktron II/M-Tron green).

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The parts shown there look like to me they are done in Trans. Bright Green. The only other two shades of transparent green that currently exist on Lego's palette are Trans. Green (the older, darker shade) and Trans. Fluorescent Green (a.k.a. Blacktron II/M-Tron green).

The darkest one is the colour I was referring to, thanks for the clarification sir!

It just occured to me that the new Black Vulcan figure's head has a domino mask print underneath, and given Lego's apparent hesitancy to make new black minifigure head prints, I wonder if they might recycle that head for a Black Lightning figure soon? He does have a show on the way, so a little bit of cross promotion wouldn't hurt.

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

It just occured to me that the new Black Vulcan figure's head has a domino mask print underneath, and given Lego's apparent hesitancy to make new black minifigure head prints, I wonder if they might recycle that head for a Black Lightning figure soon? He does have a show on the way, so a little bit of cross promotion wouldn't hurt.

I doubt they are going to just reuse one of these heads down the road. However, if that is domino mask-shaped print under his helmet, it very well could be a nod to Black Lightning, similar to Red Hood having Jason Todd's Red Hood mask under his helmet, even though it was supposed to be different characters.

2 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I doubt they are going to just reuse one of these heads down the road. However, if that is domino mask-shaped print under his helmet, it very well could be a nod to Black Lightning, similar to Red Hood having Jason Todd's Red Hood mask under his helmet, even though it was supposed to be different characters.

I thought Black Vulcan and Black lightning were the same but different names?!

6 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

If Lego won't do it with the flash, they won't do it with Black Lightning and the Titans show. Does anyone know if the Titans will be in the same multiverse as the flash? Titans is being made by Berlanti (his sixth show!!!).

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

I thought Black Vulcan and Black lightning were the same but different names?!

If Lego won't do it with the flash, they won't do it with Black Lightning and the Titans show. Does anyone know if the Titans will be in the same multiverse as the flash? Titans is being made by Berlanti (his sixth show!!!).

Not quite. Black Vulcan is his own character, but he was created because of licensing disputes that kept Black Lightning off of the Super Friends cartoon.

The Flash has had his own sets, though, and it's clear that a lot of their character choices are being at least somewhat influenced by what's going on on tv, especially this upcoming wave. It's no coincidence that at least half of the new characters we're getting this year are prominent Arrowverse characters, and even if that doesn't sell you, Marvel's definitely done it. We got a Ghost Rider set the same year that Ghost Rider made his debut on Agents of SHIELD, and there's no way that set would've happened yet otherwise. 

As for Titans, all evidence points to the contrary. Both Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim and Deathstroke actor Manu Bennett have heard nothing from the Titans team. The only thread of hope is that Greg Berlanti is involved with both projects, but even that's far from a sure sign these days. 

45 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Not quite. Black Vulcan is his own character, but he was created because of licensing disputes that kept Black Lightning off of the Super Friends cartoon.

The Flash has had his own sets, though, and it's clear that a lot of their character choices are being at least somewhat influenced by what's going on on tv, especially this upcoming wave. It's no coincidence that at least half of the new characters we're getting this year are prominent Arrowverse characters, and even if that doesn't sell you, Marvel's definitely done it. We got a Ghost Rider set the same year that Ghost Rider made his debut on Agents of SHIELD, and there's no way that set would've happened yet otherwise. 

As for Titans, all evidence points to the contrary. Both Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim and Deathstroke actor Manu Bennett have heard nothing from the Titans team. The only thread of hope is that Greg Berlanti is involved with both projects, but even that's far from a sure sign these days. 

CW will realise they've made a mistake and connect flash and black lightning. As for titans judging solely off the picture it looks darker than the super flarrow verse so I wouldn't be surprised if it is separate.

Just now, J4ck said:

CW will realise they've made a mistake and connect flash and black lightning. As for titans judging solely off the picture it looks darker than the super flarrow verse so I wouldn't be surprised if it is separate.

I doubt it's a case of being darker, seeing as we've seen one picture, and just how dark Arrow has gotten at times. For now, Titans, Black Lightning, and the other shows are being kept separate just so they can see how the other shows do on their own before crossing over. They did the exact thing with Supergirl before ever crossing over with the Flash.

I do feel like the TV shows will subtly influence what we see in sets, though not necessarily directly, as others have mentioned. If Black Lightning does well, he will be likely to pop up thanks to public consciousness, and with the Titans already being popular with kids, this could easily provide another reason to get more of them in sets.

I'm still wondering how we don't have a Kid Flash minifigure yet (be it classic redhead Wally or New 52/TV show Wally), especially with the presence he's been getting on the show for the past year with Season 3/4 since he finally became Kid Flash.

8 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I'm still wondering how we don't have a Kid Flash minifigure yet (be it classic redhead Wally or New 52/TV show Wally), especially with the presence he's been getting on the show for the past year with Season 3/4 since he finally became Kid Flash.

Let's not forget Vibe!

7 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I doubt it's a case of being darker, seeing as we've seen one picture, and just how dark Arrow has gotten at times. For now, Titans, Black Lightning, and the other shows are being kept separate just so they can see how the other shows do on their own before crossing over. They did the exact thing with Supergirl before ever crossing over with the Flash.

I do feel like the TV shows will subtly influence what we see in sets, though not necessarily directly, as others have mentioned. If Black Lightning does well, he will be likely to pop up thanks to public consciousness, and with the Titans already being popular with kids, this could easily provide another reason to get more of them in sets.

Agreed.

On 12/13/2017 at 5:28 PM, MisterBatfleck said:

Exactly! He's one of the classic sidekicks, and it's not like he's not getting any attention from outside mediums. Not only has the CW stuff been giving him spotlight, but so has Young Justice and Teen Titans Go. I'm still betting that he's the next new sidekick we see, and that it'll be sooner than later.

now i`m really want set with Hawk, Dove, Bats in obscure/toyish costume, and Copperhead and another dropped from legobatmanmovie character as villains.:wub:

Edited by ZoKpooL