Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

You know what would be cool? A Lego batman head shaped tank.  If anyone is reading Dark Nights metal.  Check out the Murder Machine one shot.  On the front is a bat train.  Listening to a podcast the artist got inspiration from Thomas the tank engine.  

Ha! That's pretty nuts! It wouldn't be too hard to pull off, either, if they utilize the same techniques that they used to make the Giant-Man and Ares builds. I'm not sure they'd go for it, especially not if they intended to keep the Dark Nights Metal connection, but I'd be down for it! 

Come to think of it, judging by how much Lego loves their Bat-variants, DNM would make for a nice, pretty marketable wave. I mean, excluding the tortured monstrosities that are the Batman Who Laughs' Robins, and maybe names like "The Drowned", "Red Death", and "Murder Machine" :grin:

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

You know what would be cool? A Lego batman head shaped tank.  If anyone is reading Dark Nights metal.  Check out the Murder Machine one shot.  On the front is a bat train.  Listening to a podcast the artist got inspiration from Thomas the tank engine.  

There’s 2, there’s 4, there’s 6, there’s 8, tortured souls, that was their fate,

Drowned and Murdery, Smiley too, they’re the really gruesome crew

All with different roles to play, throughout so many galaxies

Killing Leagues, here comes the end,

Barbatos and his friends:

Barby: He’s the leader one

Drowned makes rain, and she hates fun

Red Death has run out of time

Dawnbreaker lived through pain and grime

Murdery, hacking all day long

Merciless soul is now long gone

Devastator, crushing all he can

And Smiley? He’s a family man

There’s 2, there’s 4, there’s 6, there’s 8, tortured souls, that was their fate,

Drowned and Techy, Smiley too, they’re the really gruesome crew

Barbatos and his friends

I’m so sorry :devil:

But yeah, that’d be swell

Edited by Duncan Young

On 11/4/2017 at 6:58 PM, Robert8 said:

That Harley Quinn face is hilarious

One of the best LEGO faces in recent years 

-------

BTW, I'm surprised there isn't a 2018 thread for DC sets? Why? *huh*

There’s been a 2018 thread since the winter sets were officially revealed in July...

5 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Ha! That's pretty nuts! It wouldn't be too hard to pull off, either, if they utilize the same techniques that they used to make the Giant-Man and Ares builds. I'm not sure they'd go for it, especially not if they intended to keep the Dark Nights Metal connection, but I'd be down for it! 

Come to think of it, judging by how much Lego loves their Bat-variants, DNM would make for a nice, pretty marketable wave. I mean, excluding the tortured monstrosities that are the Batman Who Laughs' Robins, and maybe names like "The Drowned", "Red Death", and "Murder Machine" :grin:

Of course, need to market towards the kids, as there the ones buying all the sets!!

Make it a Halloween themed DC JL wave, now that's some good marketing. 

I'm sure there are some Lego designers on here, who would agree / disagree. 

On other note, Star Wars images were released, I'm hoping its not too long before we see some superhero images been released. 

Edited by Lionbear8

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Come to think of it, judging by how much Lego loves their Bat-variants, DNM would make for a nice, pretty marketable wave.

I'm already thinks about it many times. Dark Judges, sorry, Batmans very toy-friendly in they look. 

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

This. 

Edited by ZoKpooL

On 11/9/2017 at 12:30 PM, Duncan Young said:

Barbatos and his friends

Why would you apologize for this magnum opus 

On 11/9/2017 at 6:15 PM, Lionbear8 said:

Of course, need to market towards the kids, as there the ones buying all the sets!!

I'm sure there are some Lego designers on here, who would agree / disagree. 

On other note, Star Wars images were released, I'm hoping its not too long before we see some superhero images been released. 

That's not a bad idea. Of course, a Halloween theme would make me more inclined to use characters like Klarion the Witch Boy and Etrigan and Deadman, but if they really wanted to get the Dark Matter Batmen in some sets, that'd be the way to do it.

I think, apart from the LBM stuff and our Mighty Micros, we've seen all the DC we're going to see. We've already got official images of the 3 sets of the winter wave, and that's all we have coming until presumably the summer wave. 

On 9-11-2017 at 6:30 PM, Duncan Young said:

Barbatos and his friends

I've gotta love this xD.

Ninjago set 70643, has so much potential for a bat-cave entrance set. I always thought it would be cool if they would release extensions for a bat cave in individual sets, that combine for one massive set. One could only dream!!

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

These accessories new for 2018 in the 2018 DC sets, I think, are gearing us up for Summer 2018 *cough* Green Lantern.

Don’t tease, J4ck!

15 hours ago, J4ck said:

These accessories new for 2018 in the 2018 DC sets, I think, are gearing us up for Summer 2018 *cough* Green Lantern.

If they ever do another green lantern set, I pray for the red lanterns including big fig atrocitious

34 minutes ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

If they ever do another green lantern set, I pray for the red lanterns including big fig atrocitious

I'm greedy, I want most of the lanterns. Especially Star Sapphire and Larfleeze. Kyle Rayner as the White Lantern too.

23 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I'm greedy, I want most of the lanterns. Especially Star Sapphire and Larfleeze. Kyle Rayner as the White Lantern too.

I don’t think they would do larfleeze and Kyle rayner as they are not as well known, they would do guy Gardner before Kyle, star sapphire is someone I completely forgot about, she could be another great inclusion in a set

Everyone stop! BIG FIG Killowog.

Jk I'm not fussed about Killowog tbh. I would like red lanterns too. Atrocitus won't be anything but a BIG FIG.

Edited by J4ck

20 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Everyone stop! BIG FIG Killowog.

Jk I'm not fussed about Killowog tbh. I would like red lanterns too. Atrocitus won't be anything but a BIG FIG.

Man, if we get a big fig Kilowog then I can die happy. 

Can we get some ring pieces like the molded ones from LB3 this time though? Heck, I'd even settle for the Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Handle piece from the Spider-Man sets in different colors with a printed flat tile that has each respective Lantern Corps logo on it.

Just now, MisterBatfleck said:

Can we get some ring pieces

I'm sorry!? *huh*

Rather more on topic - Given the darker themes mentioned & Green Lantern hints- what about some Black Lantern Corps?

On 11/24/2017 at 6:44 PM, MisterBatfleck said:

Can we get some ring pieces like the molded ones from LB3 this time though? Heck, I'd even settle for the Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Handle piece from the Spider-Man sets in different colors with a printed flat tile that has each respective Lantern Corps logo on it.

Surprised this hasn't happened already. I also am shocked they haven't recolored the LOTR ring for Lantern Corps.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:17 AM, Nuns In Crocs said:

I'd also love to see Lantern versions of non-Lantern characters. Blue Lantern Flash, White Lantern Wonder Woman, etc.....

1 hour ago, Themadpatter said:

I missed Brainiac, Supergirl, Starfire and Beast Boy. Is it likely they’ll be used again in the future?

Supergirl is more likely than the others, probably a good idea to brick link them if you dont own them

5 hours ago, Themadpatter said:

I missed Brainiac, Supergirl, Starfire and Beast Boy. Is it likely they’ll be used again in the future?

Starfire and beast boy are in Lego dimensions packs but they look a bit more cartoony. Brainiac probably won't be back for a long time at least.

8 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Braniac and supergirl mighty micros

Oh yeah! Completely forget about that :laugh: