Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

The variant's torso print just seems to armored in design to possibly be in that one Juniors set. Honestly, he does look genuine to me, but just too uncharacteristic to be placed into a Juniors set. But, I guess his lack of either printed or dual molded legs and/or arms may make him fitting for such a set in that respect.

That figure seems fairly plausible, so I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed; I'd certainly like having it. And nice to see the print on the space Batsuit as well!

8 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

It appears to be to the source given that the name mentioned leads to another instagram account where the same image was also posted (apparently earlier).

Edit: And that image leads to another account, that account sadly does indeed make quite a number of custom minifigures so the legitimacy of this figure is debatable, guess time will tell. 

Judging by the comments on the original leaker (bricksanity customs) it looks like it is from the juniors set and not custom.

49 minutes ago, thelegojunkie said:

I love the look of Robin, if he is real. His face would make for a great purist Arsenal... 

Hmm, never even thought of that. 

Despite the lack of dual molding arms (an easy fix), Jason looks great.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that we now have New 52 variants for all the major Robins

1. Dick Grayson (The Batboat Harbour Pursuit)
  2. Jason Todd (The upcoming Juniors set)
  3. Tim Drake (The Funhouse Escape and Batcave sets from 2012. Tim kept the same costume Post-Infinite Crisis in flashbacks)
  4. Damian Wayne (Joker Steamroller. As with Tim, his Robin costume stayed the same)

11 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Despite the lack of dual molding arms (an easy fix), Jason looks great.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that we now have New 52 variants for all the major Robins

1. Dick Grayson (The Batboat Harbour Pursuit)
  2. Jason Todd (The upcoming Juniors set)
  3. Tim Drake (The Funhouse Escape and Batcave sets from 2012. Tim kept the same costume Post-Infinite Crisis in flashbacks)
  4. Damian Wayne (Joker Steamroller. As with Tim, his Robin costume stayed the same)

I'm fairly certain you're correct here, since only the first two had updated flashback looks. Tim's Robin days were shown as his black-and-red Connor remembrance look, and Damian is just standard Damian apparel.

The figure seems legit, more people are posting it now including much clearer pictures. Certainly is an amazing figure, probably one of the best Robin designs that Lego has done. Here's hoping the Juniors set also includes an updating Joker variant as we've gotten the same Joker figure quite a number of times now... stil I'm probably pushing my luck there :P

6 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

The figure seems legit, more people are posting it now including much clearer pictures. Certainly is an amazing figure, probably one of the best Robin designs that Lego has done. Here's hoping the Juniors set also includes an updating Joker variant as we've gotten the same Joker figure quite a number of times now... stil I'm probably pushing my luck there :P

After looking at the close up picture, the torso printing is not as elaborate as it initially seemed, therefore making the figure a bit more plausible for a Juniors set. Also, his alternate expression is quite nice, just as a calm, confidant smile.

12 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

It's not impossible-- since we've seen a new Lex design, a couple of new Robins (assuming this is juniors), and Batman's cape and cowl in new colors, they seem to want to keep it interesting. Fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm absolutely loving this Jason figure! Now to wait on a Stephanie Brown ?

That would be a great day, although it seems like Lucifer would have to turn on some heaters when it happens, if you know what I'm saying.

23 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I'd be down for a new Joker, although I'm not too sure what variants they could do here that they haven't already done. Joker's design only changes subtly in the comics (unless it gets gruesome, like in the New 52) and most cartoons and games maintain a traditional design. That is, save for The Batman...! I'd buy that Joker in a heartbeat! :laugh:

10 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

That would be a great day, although it seems like Lucifer would have to turn on some heaters when it happens, if you know what I'm saying.

I think I do, and I think you're probably right. Maybe before too long DC will give us a new lady Robin so we can at least have the torso to make our own? 

Ooo, wait! Best of both worlds idea! We get a set with a loose DKR inspiration! Slightly different Batman, Carrie Kelley as Robin, and Joker in the white suit! Maybe make it the tank-looking Batmobile from Miller's books, even! 

...yeah, I'll just bring some blankets on my way down.. :grin:

If that Jason minifigure does turn out to be real, then I just have two words: ABOUT TIME.

Jason's been the only major male Robin that has never gotten a minifigure of him in his Robin suit (Pre or New 52).  I was hoping for years that he would eventually appear from the never ending cycle of Dick, Tim, and Damian variations ever since the original Batman line and judging by that picture, he looks fantastic! :wub: Just like the Animated Series Mr. Freeze from the Juniors wave this year, I am definitely going to grab that set for him alone!

We’ve got leaks for Mighty Micros Harley and Batman figs and the Junior’s Joker. He’s the same as the Jokerland variant except he finally has a new, annoyed, facial expresssion!

I sure hope that the figure will have another new alternate expression. Perhaps someone here who's on Instagram could ask the original poster about that?

I also wonder if there is something new in store for the Batman figure in the same Juniors set. :shrug_oh_well:

26 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Love that Joker :) Cookie for all that recognize the origin of this line.

Its from the "Smilex" commercial in Tim Burton's Batman. :wink:

That is a useful Joker face! Wonder what the other side is. One of the standards, or a new one? Either way, worthwhile. And that Harley is rather fun. I'm not too fond of a black-suited Micros Batman, though. Unlike the previous two, which I used for customs, this one had no benefit to me; we have so many black-suited Batmans released already, and they already have better printing and detail.

2 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

That is a useful Joker face! Wonder what the other side is. One of the standards, or a new one? Either way, worthwhile. And that Harley is rather fun. I'm not too fond of a black-suited Micros Batman, though. Unlike the previous two, which I used for customs, this one had no benefit to me; we have so many black-suited Batmans released already, and they already have better printing and detail.

Here me out: Tim Burton's Bat-Mite :laugh:

That Harley Quinn face is hilarious

One of the best LEGO faces in recent years 

-------

BTW, I'm surprised there isn't a 2018 thread for DC sets? Why? *huh*

Edited by Robert8

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That Harley Quinn face is hilarious

One of the best LEGO faces in recent years 

-------

BTW, I'm surprised there isn't a 2018 thread for DC sets? Why? *huh*

It's nice but not the best for me. Hopefully we can see the other MMs soon. 

You know what would be cool? A Lego batman head shaped tank.  If anyone is reading Dark Nights metal.  Check out the Murder Machine one shot.  On the front is a bat train.  Listening to a podcast the artist got inspiration from Thomas the tank engine.  

Edited by Lionbear8