Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

20 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Also Ravager Attack, if you count Mantis. She did end up joining the Guardians, so I'd say she's a justified hero in many eyes.

This is a DC thread. But yes I agree.

10 hours ago, Killian said:

Does the Raven Minifigure in Lego Dimensions count?

It's symptomatic of the problem (in that we have two of a team of five of TTG), and it's not the regular Raven figure that would fit with existing  Beast Boy, Starfire, Robin & Cyborg

On 9/22/2017 at 8:11 AM, Killian said:

Does the Raven Minifigure in Lego Dimensions count?

I wasn't personally counting it because it wasn't part of the main LEGO DC Superheroes brand of sets, just like I wasn't counting DC Superhero Girls, the LEGO Batman Movie, or the original Batman theme.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:05 PM, williejm said:

It's symptomatic of the problem (in that we have two of a team of five of TTG), and it's not the regular Raven figure that would fit with existing  Beast Boy, Starfire, Robin & Cyborg

We've got 3 members of the TTG team: Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire. As far as a normal Teen Titans lineup is concerned, though, we definitely need a different, more traditional Raven. 

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:28 PM, Ashnflash said:

Ash, the Lego Black Canary you linked me to and the Penzora version look damn near identical..she`s between Hugo Strange and Grundy here..

Take care

Kenny

37238424436_f961a2d9ab.jpg20170923_073917 (2) by kenny burns, on Flickr

Edited by r5-j2
bod spellung!

There was a new teen titans animated featured film that was announced by Warner brothers today for release next year in the summer of 2018. Anyone think we will actually get sets for this? 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There was a new teen titans animated featured film that was announced by Warner brothers today for release next year in the summer of 2018. Anyone think we will actually get sets for this? 

Nope. We don't get sets off of feature films, only comics and live action films. Thus doesn't mean we won't get a mini figure based off of a character from the FF, it just won't be direct, more like a reference.

On 9/26/2017 at 3:19 AM, J4ck said:

Nope. We don't get sets off of feature films, only comics and live action films. Thus doesn't mean we won't get a mini figure based off of a character from the FF, it just won't be direct, more like a reference.

We don't have any precedent for that. DC's only had two theatrically-released animated movies: Mask of the Phantasm (which is way too much of a production mess to be indicative of anything) and the LEGO Batman Movie, which obviously got a whole lot of sets. Teen Titans Go, on the other hand, has a lot of precedent for LEGO representation. Not only did they get loose tie-in representation in the Jokerland set, but Dimensions has 3/5 of the team, and what's got me most convinced that we'll see something, Beast Boy even had an entirely new mold for his hair that only fits his TTG appearance. That new mold and the success of TTG's merchandise leads me to believe that we'll be seeing at least *something* for this movie.

We'll get sets for this. TTG is hugely popular with kids, and they already have the designs from Dimensions. If it was direct-to-video there wouldn't be a chance, but there's no way they won't make sets for a theatrical movie.

23 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

It just occured to me: any hopes we had for our summer wave are probably dashed in favor of TTG stuff. </3

I am very happy about that. No hopes dashed here. 

5 hours ago, williejm said:

There's still time :classic:

(Not a hint, just banter :tongue:)

7 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

There's still time :classic:

(Not a hint, just banter :tongue:)

Sheesh, I’m Scottish, like you assume I’m optimistic? #justhereforthebanter

On 10/10/2017 at 12:16 PM, williejm said:

Might I ask why, exactly? It's not common to find anyone that excited about having a wave of presumably comic-based sets replaced with ones with highly-stylized figures from a less than beloved franchise :grin:

18 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Might I ask why, exactly? It's not common to find anyone that excited about having a wave of presumably comic-based sets replaced with ones with highly-stylized figures from a less than beloved franchise :grin:

I like Teen Titans Go!

sorry/not sorry for not being common ?

2 hours ago, williejm said:

I like Teen Titans Go!

sorry/not sorry for not being common ?

Ditto. It’s warmed on me since I first saw it and wondered what they did to the original series. If the movie expands the roster, I will be happy. If they produce sets off the back of it, I will still be happy, even if they have weird heads that need replacing.

At least Batman will appear in TT GO, hopefully with a newly designed vehicle, if Lego proceeds with these sets. 

Though unlikely, I hope they do what they did for Suicide Squad by putting in characters who appeared in the film but are in their comic costumes. I really need a Raven and maybe some more Titans villains (Trigon, Brother Blood, Psymon, The Brain, The HIVE etc). I can't deal with those TTG figs! :tongue:

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Though unlikely, I hope they do what they did for Suicide Squad by putting in characters who appeared in the film but are in their comic costumes. I really need a Raven and maybe some more Titans villains (Trigon, Brother Blood, Psymon, The Brain, The HIVE etc). I can't deal with those TTG figs! :tongue:

I'd much rather we not get stylized figures, but judging by the already existing pieces and prints for them, I'd be surprised if they didn't look like the Dimensions figures. If they wind up stylized, I think the only thing that'll get me to buy one of those sets is the HIVE Five (although the look they had for Cyborg in Dimensions is nice...)

Paul seeley on instagram just shared a picture of the lego batman movie varents, on the end is a new robin fig, is that real? If so what set are we getting him in

9 minutes ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

Paul seeley on instagram just shared a picture of the lego batman movie varents, on the end is a new robin fig, is that real? If so what set are we getting him in

It looks like Jason Todd's new 52 Robin costume, though it should really have the dual molded green and flesh arms. There is a juniors set that will come with a Robin figure so maybe this is it, as strange as Jason, of all robins, being included in a juniors set.

How can one find this Paul Seeley?

Edit: Just found the image and that is indeed the new 52 Jason Todd Robin suit. Very nice looking I must say. Here's hoping that it does indeed come in the Juniors set. 

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

32 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

How can one find this Paul Seeley?

Type the name into the search on Instagram, should pop up no worries. That Robin would appear to be a custom, unless the citation is to the source rather than the customiser.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Type the name into the search on Instagram, should pop up no worries. That Robin would appear to be a custom, unless the citation is to the source rather than the customiser.

It appears to be to the source given that the name mentioned leads to another instagram account where the same image was also posted (apparently earlier).

Edit: And that image leads to another account, that account sadly does indeed make quite a number of custom minifigures so the legitimacy of this figure is debatable, guess time will tell. 

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14