Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

7 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I know! She was the only "classic" TV Titan we failed to get before, as if Lego knows omitting one popular character each time will drive us crazy until a much later conclusion!

Ug, The lack of Saturn Girl still stings, too.

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Yeah, that too. Sadly, I feel like more Legionnaires are unlikely, much as I'd like them; DC tried to reboot them in comics several times separate times before basically giving up. However, there is hope for her more than the others; in the Rebirth comics, Saturn Girl appears to have wound up some sort of time refugee (maybe) because she is seen locked up in Arkham, and she does doodle out the Legion symbol, so if her full "return" is significant enough, we could get a comic-based fig down the line. 

11 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I know, having got my hands on Lightning Lad, I thought that the LSH trinity would soon be complete. I'm not their biggest fan, but not making the final fig of three is a little disappointing.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:42 PM, RedHoodPug said:

In light of the news from DCEU, are there any sets or minifigs that folks are particularly anticipating? With the Titans show in production, is there a possibility that we could see Hawk and Dove, or any other Titans/YJ members?

Part of me is pleased to be seeing this expansion, the other part not so much seeing as there has been the chance to do Flash, Legends and Arrow sets in the same way as Suicide Squad and alas no banana.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see more sidekicks and such show up in sets next year, especially Kid Flash. Between Titans, Young Justice Season 3, Teen Titans Go, and the two separate Titans comics going right now, the Titans are real moneymakers with a lot of marketing potential. Kid Flash seems especially likely, with some presence in most of the above, plus two other comics and a regular role in the Flash now. To be fair, though, they did kinda do loose tie-ins for the Arrowverse. Our first big Justice League wave featured a Flash set with two of his Rogues, Green Arrow, and Hawkman, all of which had prominent Arrowverse roles around that time. Then, of course, there was the Brainiac Attack set that came with nearly the entire superheroic Supergirl cast, and even this wave is featuring characters that would likely be overlooked if not for the CW shows. I'd love to see a dedicated wave, though, with characters like Atom, Vixen, Arsenal, Vibe, Commander Steel, and Mr. Terrific! Even Vibe, though, I think has a decent chance of showing up next wave. Imaginext just rolled out a Vibe figure, and he has been interestingly left out of the SDCC exclusive ring. 

Raven's an absolute no-brainer at this point. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't pick her over Starfire for the Jokerland set. I'm betting if we see any Titans next year, we're looking at Raven, the new Aqualad, and Kid Flash (and it's probably a good coin flip as far as which Wally we'll get: Pre-52 or Post-52). 

18 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

That still seems so odd to me. They made a whole animated special centered around them, then released just two of them as exclusive figures with middling to no fanfare. There's got to be some executive reason she didn't happen, but I don't know when we'll ever get the chance for her to happen again. The Legion's been struggling to get its foot in the door since Crisis, and unless one of the tv shows finally manages to do them (and not just show off the ring) and do them well, I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

On 14/09/2017 at 10:48 AM, rob-ot5000 said:

Oh god I'm still annoyed with no raven, and the fact they haven't finished off the flash rogues, got cold and trickster, at least give us heatwave, at least we're getting hawkgirl and black canary 

... and Batgirl 66 too. There is a lack of quite some female characters

Edited by brew

On 15/09/2017 at 5:53 PM, brew said:

... and Batgirl 66 too. There is a lack of quite some female characters

Indeed. And coupled with many of the superheroes female characters we do have only being found in more expensive sets ...

On 9/15/2017 at 6:24 AM, Nuns In Crocs said:

Oh god I'm still annoyed with no raven, and the fact they haven't finished off the flash rogues, got cold and trickster, at least give us heatwave, at least we're getting hawkgirl and black canary 

To be fair, we've got Captain Cold, Trickster, Gorilla Grodd, Reverse Flash, and Captain Boomerang, which is more villains than anyone save for Batsy himself has, although Heatwave, Weather Wizard, and Mirror Master definitely oughta get some representation sooner or later. 

On 9/16/2017 at 5:16 PM, williejm said:

Indeed. And coupled with many of the superheroes female characters we do have only being found in more expensive sets ...

That is an excellent, excellent point. If we only count proper heroines in only DC Superheroes sets (so no Dimensions or LBM) we've only gotten 6. The cheapest set featuring a female hero was Power Armor Lex for $20 back in the first wave, and the closest we've come since is Supergirl's $25 appearance in the Brainiac Attack set, which was a store exclusive. Batgirl's the next cheapest for $50, but that's the only set she's been in. Starfire and Katana are both top-shelf, at $120 and $80 respectively, and again with only one appearance. And of course number 6 is Vixen - an SDCC exclusive. It's not hard to chock that up to Lego insisting that these characters aren't going to sell in sets unless they're backed by a male hero (the only one of these sets that doesn't include a male hero is arguably the Wonder Woman movie set, which still has civilian Steve Trevor as an active participant). Something needs to change there.

@Numbuh1Nerd Just look at the Lego Batman Movie, Batgirl and her alter ego appeared in half a dozen sets, next year Harley will have been in 3 sets, same for Selina and we got a lot of obscure female supervillains (which you can argue were not quite as goofy as the male C-Lister crew) such as March Harriet, Tarantula, Orca, Magpie, the Kabuki Twins. Heck they even changed Chief O' Hara's gender. In the 2018 winter wave we'll be getting another Winder Woman, Cheetah and Killer Frost. The Mighty Micros have also given us goofy versions of Catwoman, Kara and Diana. They've definitely been upping their game when it comes to female representation in the DC sets 

On 9/15/2017 at 11:24 AM, Nuns In Crocs said:

I`ve come late to this thread how are we getting Black Canary?....cos she is one of my favorites!

6 minutes ago, r5-j2 said:

I`ve come late to this thread how are we getting Black Canary?....cos she is one of my favorites!

She's reportedly coming in the second LBM CMF Series. 

@Duncan Young @Numbuh1Nerd not forgetting Hawkgirl and Jayna. Sure one is a gender swap of an existing figure and the other has a twin brother without whom she can’t swim, but they will both be easily affordable. The representation has got a lot better.

For a bonus point Clayface got Kate Micucci’s voice that worked surprisingly well and gave a sly nod to Lady Clay. I know their presence is on screen only, but you also have ‘Putor and Phyllis keeping the end up. So to speak.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

@Duncan Young @Numbuh1Nerd not forgetting Hawkgirl and Jayna. Sure one is a gender swap of an existing figure and the other has a twin brother without whom she can’t swim, but they will both be easily affordable. The representation has got a lot better.

For a bonus point Clayface got Kate Micucci’s voice that worked surprisingly well and gave a sly nod to Lady Clay. I know their presence is on screen only, but you also have ‘Putor and Phyllis keeping the end up. So to speak.

Making a custom Phyllis figure won't be much of a challenge, which is nice! 

7 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

@Numbuh1Nerd Just look at the Lego Batman Movie, Batgirl and her alter ego appeared in half a dozen sets, next year Harley will have been in 3 sets, same for Selina and we got a lot of obscure female supervillains (which you can argue were not quite as goofy as the male C-Lister crew) such as March Harriet, Tarantula, Orca, Magpie, the Kabuki Twins. Heck they even changed Chief O' Hara's gender. In the 2018 winter wave we'll be getting another Winder Woman, Cheetah and Killer Frost. The Mighty Micros have also given us goofy versions of Catwoman, Kara and Diana. They've definitely been upping their game when it comes to female representation in the DC sets 

I'm specifically referring to JUST the main series sets. Any progress shown from The LEGO Batman Movie sets should be accredited to the movie's creative team before LEGO itself. I can't say much for the Mighty Micros, but it's worth acknowledging that all of our female characters for the 2018 wave are coming in the two most expensive sets, although (and I could easily be very wrong about this) that sounds like the most female characters we've ever gotten in a single wave. 

@Numbuh1Nerd You're saying that they're only in the most expensive sets when the 2018 wave is probably the cheapest DC wave we've had. It's not like they're all in two £100 sets. One female character being in a £30 set and another in a £40 set doesn't seem that bad to me, after all, the £20 set already has a full selection of figs that make sense 

9 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

@Numbuh1Nerd You're saying that they're only in the most expensive sets when the 2018 wave is probably the cheapest DC wave we've had. It's not like they're all in two £100 sets. One female character being in a £30 set and another in a £40 set doesn't seem that bad to me, after all, the £20 set already has a full selection of figs that make sense 

It certainly is the cheapest wave (which I didn't quite realize, but oh thank god) but we've still yet to see a $20 set with a female hero, and we've still yet to see a non-exclusive set with *only* a female hero, or at the very least one that isn't taking a back seat to a more prominent hero (i.e. Batman or Superman) that's clearly meant to be the selling point. Then again, Lego's never been great at gender diversity, made evident by they're reaction to such criticism being a bright pink dollhouse theme segregated from the rest of the Lego line instead of, y'know, more female characters in existing sets. To be fair, though, it's been a problem with toy companies since the 80s, and Lego's doing a lot better than most and getting a lot better every year.

This might be getting a bit too off topic, though, so maybe we oughta refocus. 

21 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

She's reportedly coming in the second LBM CMF Series. 

Thanks Ash, I`ve got two Canaries just now; a Chinese "custom" and a real Penzora custom version..I wonder what the official Lego one will look like?

41 minutes ago, r5-j2 said:

Thanks Ash, I`ve got two Canaries just now; a Chinese "custom" and a real Penzora custom version..I wonder what the official Lego one will look like?

No problem! Here's what I think we'll be getting. 

Edited by Ashnflash

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

It certainly is the cheapest wave (which I didn't quite realize, but oh thank god) but we've still yet to see a $20 set with a female hero, and we've still yet to see a non-exclusive set with *only* a female hero, or at the very least one that isn't taking a back seat to a more prominent hero (i.e. Batman or Superman) that's clearly meant to be the selling point. 

Pretty sure that the set with Lex mech, Superman and Wonder Woman was a £20 set. But yes, it's the exception. 

51 minutes ago, williejm said:

Pretty sure that the set with Lex mech, Superman and Wonder Woman was a £20 set. But yes, it's the exception. 

Indeed, going by Brickset. A couple of SHG characters making their minifig debut wouldn’t be a bad thing *cough Bumblebee cough*

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Also Ravager Attack, if you count Mantis. She did end up joining the Guardians, so I'd say she's a justified hero in many eyes.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Indeed, going by Brickset. A couple of SHG characters making their minifig debut wouldn’t be a bad thing *cough Bumblebee cough*

Bumblebee *is* the only member of the DCSHG team we haven't gotten yet. The shame is, that's the only place she's getting much use, which would make it pretty unlikely of them to put her in anything outside of that line. She's not even in the comics consistently these days. Maybe if Legends of Tomorrow or Flash introduce her as Ray Palmer's protege, or she gets a few episodes of JLA under her belt, we could see her pop up in a set. Honestly, I'm surprised that DC hasn't tried to do more with her now since DCSHG is taking off. Seems like the perfect opportunity to cross-promote.

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Also Ravager Attack, if you count Mantis. She did end up joining the Guardians, so I'd say she's a justified hero in many eyes.

I was just referring to DC sets, but even then, she's also in there with Rocket, a more "marketable" male hero

4 hours ago, williejm said:

And it's a set sold on Superman, with Diana being framed as a damsel in distress (even though she's not susceptible to Kryptonite?? Why wouldn't she be saving Superman from the giant robot full of his only weakness?? instead of the other way around????) 

Either way, though, I think we can all agree that we have a lot of female characters that definitely need to make appearances sooner than later. Zatanna, Stargirl, Batwoman, Huntress, Big Barda, Raven, Vixen, Power Girl, the list goes on. It certainly couldn't hurt to rerelease the old ones, too, like Batgirl, Katana, and Supergirl. 

Come to think of it, it's about time we do a New Gods set with Mr. Miracle, Big Barda, and Granny Goodness, with a Flash or a Superman thrown in for good measure, since they aren't the most household of names just yet.

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Either way, though, I think we can all agree that we have a lot of female characters that definitely need to make appearances sooner than later. Zatanna, Stargirl, Batwoman, Huntress, Big Barda, Raven, Vixen, Power Girl, the list goes on. It certainly couldn't hurt to rerelease the old ones, too, like Batgirl, Katana, and Supergirl. 

I very strongly agree! It would be great to see more female superheroes (and supervillains) released in minifigure (as opposed to minidoll) form. And I'd happily accept some re-releases of prior characters, especially since they all have a wide assortment of costumes to choose from for alternate releases.