Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

Just now, rob-ot5000 said:

Aww, that's horrible! Poor Alex! :cry_sad:

What? No! I just meant Larfleeze was in his fridge stealing ice cream, I swear! :devil:

I'm going to be honest, I laughed hard at the set description, then had to stop because I don't like having to explain jokes, let alone back stories, character development, storylines and plot twists, the basis for the joke and the whole Lego set description thing, to the in-laws, let alone my wife. And even then it would be a tough sell. The 3 year old might have got it, though. Thank you Duncan, that made my tourist-filled Bank Holiday :laugh:

Edited by RedHoodPug

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Yeah, I'm surprised at how many GL sets are coming out. I can't wait for the Kyle Rayner's Fridge Surprise set and Dictatorship on Korager is also rather tempting

You sick, sick man. I love you. XD

Y'all are crazy, what we really need is a big bridge set for DC that lets fans of all ages reenact Dex-Starr's origin story. 

To me this is the classic Two-Face. It's the one I'd like most to see in Lego form along with a proper Clayface and Man-Bat big fig.

tim8.jpg

Edited by Cobb

8 hours ago, Cobb said:

To me this is the classic Two-Face. It's the one I'd like most to see in Lego form along with a proper Clayface and Man-Bat big fig.

*comic snipped*

That classic look was definitely the one they adapted last time, although with a purple face instead of green, for whatever reason. Interestingly enough, if that art is from the story that introduced Tim Drake, there's an inconsistency between artists as the issues change; in some of them, he's got that casual jacket and turtleneck seen here, but in the others, it's a proper full-suit look with no reason for him to have changed.

Jim Aparo and George Perez are both legends though. Maybe Harvey was catching a cold and put on a turtle neck. Never cared for the half purple (Batman Forever) Two-Face. It's due for a proper green one!

46 minutes ago, Cobb said:

Jim Aparo and George Perez are both legends though. Maybe Harvey was catching a cold and put on a turtle neck. Never cared for the half purple (Batman Forever) Two-Face. It's due for a proper green one!

Yeah, or maybe it was Harvey's twin who really likes turtlenecks. You can make a fairly accurate version by using Steve Trevor's hair and the 2012 Two-Face henchman torso though. I'd really like an updated Two-Face with a scowl as opposed to the smirk. I also wouldn't mind red scarring to represent his modern look as well. I think it's time we got a proper Dent fig again

7 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

@Cobb Nah, l want a One-Face bigfig from the New 52! (Look it up :tongue:)

I'd take a White Rabbit fig. Some of the other New 52 villains weren't bad. A Batman Inc. team would be appreciated, as would some Talons.

Let's meet in the middle. How about a classic black and white suit with the green face? Just swap the heads around and everyone gets what they want! It's about time for a Two-Face rerelease anyway. Probably once the LBM sets start to get discontinued. 

Just now, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Let's meet in the middle. How about a classic black and white suit with the green face?

That would be B:TAS Two-Face. Go whole hog original and put old Harv in tweed/plaid. Just not Tommy Lee Jones, please. Even TLBM avoided that howler.

As long as we get Two-Face in a proper black and white suit again and not having an overly-exaggerated scarred half, I'm good.

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

That would be B:TAS Two-Face. Go whole hog original and put old Harv in tweed/plaid. Just not Tommy Lee Jones, please. Even TLBM avoided that howler.

B:tAS Two-Face had a blue face (which I also would be completely cool with). Tbh, I wouldn't mind TLJ Two-Face so long as he came in a set with properly nippled Batman and Robin minifigs :grin:

21 hours ago, Cobb said:

They are legends, and there's no doubt about the art being very well done. Just a minor inconsistency. And Batman Forever's more of a pinkish, with animal printing, rather than the darker purple. Thankfully Lego has never tried to adapt that monstrosity. 

20 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

B:TAS was blue-faced Two-Face, similar to the original '06 fig.

On 28 August 2017 at 7:16 AM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Y'all are crazy, what we really need is a big bridge set for DC that lets fans of all ages reenact Dex-Starr's origin story. 

YES. I wonder what kind of mould, maybe the current cat mould for normal Dex-Starr and the sma emoukd but an added moulded ring around the tail for the red lantern ring. I'd love this!

In light of the news from DCEU, are there any sets or minifigs that folks are particularly anticipating? With the Titans show in production, is there a possibility that we could see Hawk and Dove, or any other Titans/YJ members?

Part of me is pleased to be seeing this expansion, the other part not so much seeing as there has been the chance to do Flash, Legends and Arrow sets in the same way as Suicide Squad and alas no banana.

I'd be stoked for Titans figs, but moreso for Young Justice figs. (Even MORE moreso for ORIGINAL Young Justice figs, like 90's Superboy and Impulse. But it'll never happen.)

I won't ever really be expecting any of them, but would be happy to be surprised.

Edited by rob-ot5000

1 hour ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I'd be stoked for Titans figs, but moreso for Young Justice figs. (Even MORE moreso for ORIGINAL Young Justice figs, like 90's Superboy and Impulse. But it'll never happen.)

I won't ever really be expecting any of them, but would be happy to be surprised.

Aside from the presumable solo DCEU Aquaman set that may or may not happen, I think plausibly we could see either additional Justice League Action based sets and/or sets based upon Young Justice.

As far as that live action Titans show goes, I don't think it will be relevant enough for most consumers, let alone kids since I don't think it's going to be marketed to them.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

In light of the news from DCEU, are there any sets or minifigs that folks are particularly anticipating? With the Titans show in production, is there a possibility that we could see Hawk and Dove, or any other Titans/YJ members?

Part of me is pleased to be seeing this expansion, the other part not so much seeing as there has been the chance to do Flash, Legends and Arrow sets in the same way as Suicide Squad and alas no banana.

I don't think we'll get direct adaptations of the show, but if there is sufficient interest in the characters, I could see us getting comic versions for characters like Raven and Kid Flash. I'm just hoping we get a Flashpoint Batman when that movie eventually rolls around.

7 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I don't think we'll get direct adaptations of the show, but if there is sufficient interest in the characters, I could see us getting comic versions for characters like Raven and Kid Flash. I'm just hoping we get a Flashpoint Batman when that movie eventually rolls around.

I want a Flashpoint Joker!

I hope we get another Teen Titans set soon, ala "Jokerland", with the Young Justice characters (and a proper Raven!)

I had hopes for Young Justice when Superboy appeared. Maybe with a recommissioned series the hope will come back. As much as I kind of like* Teen Titans Go, I don't like the Raven fig that much. Hopefully the JLA sets will prove popular. The news of stand alone movies could eventually prove fruitful.

* Disclaimer. RedHoodPug Jr. will binge watch TTG, and I have been, in behavioural terms, flooded by it. Turns out there are loads of Easter Eggs. 

7 hours ago, Felkin said:

I hope we get another Teen Titans set soon, ala "Jokerland", with the Young Justice characters (and a proper Raven!)

I know! She was the only "classic" TV Titan we failed to get before, as if Lego knows omitting one popular character each time will drive us crazy until a much later conclusion!