Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

On 8/1/2017 at 11:20 AM, BlueberryWaffles said:

I don't think they can put regular Bizarro in a set thanks to the braindead decision to make him a SDCC exclusive back in 2013. Same goes for Shazam. We might get different versions of them (already have MM Bizarro and a movie Shazam is surely coming in the future) but I don't know if they can release their classic looks.

With the DCEU Shazam movie slated for April 2019, I could see us getting a Shazam Mighty Micros set for that year, perhaps also an Aquaman one after the release of the December 2018 film.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:40 PM, Rookie875 said:

I found this on Ebay. Does anyone know anything about this? Hopefully this means we get a Mr. Mxyzptlk in the future.

I'd say given the design for Mxy is pretty impossible with hair molded on the side of his head and a smaller version of an existing hat that this isn't indicative of that at all. Actually, I think one of Lego's illustrators said outright once that they just make up designs when they use a character that isn't in Lego form already. This was a big discussion on the main DC forum back when that promo art of an expanded Justice League with Black Canary and Red Tornado and a bunch of other guys came out. If anything helps Mxy's chances, it's his recent JLA and Supergirl appearances, and the fact that he's one of the last super-duper-major Superman villains to get the minifig treatment. I can't even imagine what that set would look like though *huh*

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With the DCEU Shazam movie slated for April 2019, I could see us getting a Shazam Mighty Micros set for that year, perhaps also an Aquaman one after the release of the December 2018 film.

Actual sets for both seem pretty likely, too. DC's done far fewer event movies that warrant huge lines of sets than Marvel has, and have fewer movies coming out, so it's pretty likely that we'll get at least 2 sets for every upcoming movie aside from Suicide Squad 2. 

I was looking at the "Making Of" book again and realised how disappointed I am Hush, Scarface and Doctor Double X didn't make it into the final film despite appearing in concept sketches. I don't think it would be too out of the question to see the former two in future DC waves though

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This would be awesome, who is the villain in shazam, is it the Rock playing as Black Adam?

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

We did get Green Lantern in a set and he was a SDCC exlusive back in 2011 I believe.  

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

This would be awesome, who is the villain in shazam, is it the Rock playing as Black Adam?

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, strangely no, we don't know yet who will be the villain.

If it's not Black Adam it really has to be Dr Sivana as the choices are Black Adam related, unlikely or just plain daft. Mr Mind and Captain Nazi, I'm talking about you in particular.

9 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I was looking at the "Making Of" book again and realised how disappointed I am Hush, Scarface and Doctor Double X didn't make it into the final film despite appearing in concept sketches. I don't think it would be too out of the question to see the former two in future DC waves though

I'd call them inevitable. Hush and Scarface have been too demanded to ignore, especially for Batman villains who are both on Lego's radar thanks to the games.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

If it's not Black Adam it really has to be Dr Sivana as the choices are Black Adam related, unlikely or just plain daft. Mr Mind and Captain Nazi, I'm talking about you in particular.

This is probably not the forum for this discussion, being pretty exclusively movie-related and all, but I think Mr. Mind would have me more excited than Sivana or Adam. It's about time we get a truly out-there villain, imo. Captain Nazi might be a tougher sell, but he'd certainly be a timely pick. 

Come to think of it, I'd really love to see what Lego would do with Mr. Mind. He's already appeared a time or two on JLA, so he's not out of the question.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

11 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

We did get Green Lantern in a set and he was a SDCC exlusive back in 2011 I believe.  

If GL is ever a MM, most likely will come with Sinestro.

7 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'd call them inevitable. Hush and Scarface have been too demanded to ignore, especially for Batman villains who are both on Lego's radar thanks to the games.

This is probably not the forum for this discussion, being pretty exclusively movie-related and all, but I think Mr. Mind would have me more excited than Sivana or Adam. It's about time we get a truly out-there villain, imo. Captain Nazi might be a tougher sell, but he'd certainly be a timely pick. 

Come to think of it, I'd really love to see what Lego would do with Mr. Mind. He's already appeared a time or two on JLA, so he's not out of the question.

What about Black Mask?  I do feel over the last few years he's had more recognition. 

14 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

They would have to do a macro version of his evolved self - he's only 2 inches long in "real life".

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

f GL is ever a MM, most likely will come with Sinestro.

Entirely in trans colours. Seriously though, the scope for the various Lantern Corps is vast. Now we have two GLs, the opportunity for something resembling a Corps is ever so slightly greater. Come on Guy, you can do it!

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

What about Black Mask?  I do feel over the last few years he's had more recognition. 

To be honest, at this stage any other Batman rogue will be gravy. However, as the movie has already given us fourteen (I think) villains we didn't have before, and the 2018 focus is on the greater DCU, I think we have seen an end to the Bat villains for now. This is when someone with intel gets me down off my soapbox :grin:

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Entirely in trans colours. Seriously though, the scope for the various Lantern Corps is vast. Now we have two GLs, the opportunity for something resembling a Corps is ever so slightly greater. Come on Guy, you can do it!

Like you said, they are stepping away from Batman so it is time, also June 2018 might be bring us a nice harvest...

Just now, J4ck said:

Like you said, they are stepping away from Batman so it is time, also June 2018 might be bring us a nice harvest...

There also won't be any DCEU films in the way, with December 2018's Aquaman being the only exception.

16 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

It's possible, although he doesn't lend himself terribly well to playsets. Scarface and Hush are just both more eye-catching and have been in pretty high demand since this wave started. 

8 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

They would have to do a macro version of his evolved self - he's only 2 inches long in "real life".

To be honest, at this stage any other Batman rogue will be gravy. However, as the movie has already given us fourteen (I think) villains we didn't have before, and the 2018 focus is on the greater DCU, I think we have seen an end to the Bat villains for now. This is when someone with intel gets me down off my soapbox :grin:

I mean, they certainly couldn't do him to scale, probably something about the size of a croissant piece, but that's assuming they'd do a new mold rather than some clever bricking.

None of our Green Lantern builds or Invisible Jets so far have been entirely translucent, so I doubt that'll change now. I'd love to see a Guy Gardner minifig, too, though! I wouldn't be surprised if our next Green Lantern isn't a human one, though. Looking at similar toy companies, it would be pretty well within reason for us to get Kilowog next. I would be pretty curious as to who our next human Lantern will be, though, since there're now 4 options, 2 of which are getting a big publishing push right now.

We thought that the year we got the Deathstroke set and Jokerland, too. Just when you count the Bat out, he swoops right back in! I just hope the next Batman wave will have some updates of older figures. I'd like to get a black and white Two-Face and a black Catwoman with that new mask mold. It does look like they're getting comfy selling sets that aren't just Batman-related now, so long as there's a Leaguer in there, so we'll probably see another couple of general sets before we get another Batman wave (especially with the Lego Batman Movie sets not only still being on shelves but getting another big wave).

6 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

None of our Green Lantern builds or Invisible Jets so far have been entirely translucent, so I doubt that'll change now. I'd love to see a Guy Gardner minifig, too, though! I wouldn't be surprised if our next Green Lantern isn't a human one, though. Looking at similar toy companies, it would be pretty well within reason for us to get Kilowog next. I would be pretty curious as to who our next human Lantern will be, though, since there're now 4 options, 2 of which are getting a big publishing push right now.

It'd be nice to get another lantern set even if it's a small one, preferably in June 2018, but Lego don't really release small super hero sets mid year do they?

On August 21, 2017 at 3:25 AM, J4ck said:

It'd be nice to get another lantern set even if it's a small one, preferably in June 2018, but Lego don't really release small super hero sets mid year do they?

Spider-Man: Homecoming and the Batman Movie had small waves in June. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming and the Batman Movie had small waves in June. 

Oh yeah true, fair enough.

Possibly we may get more JL sets in the summer.  I mean if aren't seeing a movie until December 2018 then there's no reason why not. 

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Possibly we may get more JL sets in the summer.  I mean if aren't seeing a movie until December 2018 then there's no reason why not. 

Maybe another wave of the LBM. New box art in the corner.  Many more bat vehicles to get out   coukd be a small wave of only 3 sets. One thing is for sure. Start saving now  $$$

10 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Maybe another wave of the LBM. New box art in the corner.  Many more bat vehicles to get out   coukd be a small wave of only 3 sets. One thing is for sure. Start saving now  $$$

Funnily enough, someone mentioned a set number is missing, 70922 to be exact so maybe this is a summer set?

On 8/21/2017 at 4:25 AM, J4ck said:

I would absolutely love to have another Green Lantern set. It's such an untapped property and it really fits Lego's MO. I just wonder if the lack of any Lantern action in the Justice League movie (and the dismal toy sales from the Ryan Reynolds movie) are what's keeping Lego from doing another one. I'd bet that DC is more interested right now in fostering the public recognition of Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman than Hal, John, Kyle, or Guy, but I hope that I'm wrong. It is a little frustrating that we get the entire League in this wave save for Aquaman (who's got his own movie-based set) and Green Lantern. 

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I would absolutely love to have another Green Lantern set. It's such an untapped property and it really fits Lego's MO.

The glimmer of hope for me is that dreadful Hulk set. Don't get me wrong, my son really wants it but he's 3. If they can produce that then they can produce a bigger Lantern battle set.

5 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I would absolutely love to have another Green Lantern set. It's such an untapped property and it really fits Lego's MO.

I agree so much, they could even produce 3 in 1 sets with the lanterns, they could get soooo creative with them!!

On 19 August 2017 at 2:37 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

And the Green Lantern Corps movie is slated for 2020 (last I checked), if we don't get it before, we would probably get a Green Lantern vs Sinestro Mighty Micros set then.

15 hours ago, J4ck said:

Funnily enough, someone mentioned a set number is missing, 70922 to be exact so maybe this is a summer set?

I noticed that. I think it could be Wanye Manor.  If a summer wave released you think at least another 3 sets.

On 8/23/2017 at 5:12 AM, J4ck said:

I agree so much, they could even produce 3 in 1 sets with the lanterns, they could get soooo creative with them!!

Indeed, there really is no better place to apply the Creator alternate build formula for licensed themes other than DC/Marvel SuperHeroes, and your suggestion would be perfect!

Now Minecraft may be an exception, but most licensed themes' source material is based upon concrete stuff, not much room for Lego designers to create original designs. With comic based SuperHeroes sets though, it really is up to them, so why not start doing sets with two or more alternate builds? :classic: