Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

With Aquaman being 2018's only slated film for the DCEU on Dec. 21, what material do you think summer 2018 sets will be based upon? Would you think they will merely be comic based, more based upon the Justice League Action TV show, or possibly take after the third season of Young Justice?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With Aquaman being 2018's only slated film for the DCEU on Dec. 21, what material do you think summer 2018 sets will be based upon? Would you think they will merely be comic based, more based upon the Justice League Action TV show, or possibly take after the third season of Young Justice?

I'd say they'll do a continuation of the initial sets; comic-based, but with characters who are more immediately significant in adaptations. So I wouldn't be surprised if we get, say, Aqualad and Kid Flash.

That or we'll get 24 Aquaman sets over the last 75% of the year. There's no in-between possible.

13 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I think we'll get at one Aquaman movie set with Aquaman, Mera and either Ocean Master or Manta

Are those the two villains confirmed with the movie?

6 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Are those the two villains confirmed with the movie?

Yeah, they're both in the film (alongside a couple of other possible minor antagonists). 

It seems that Marvel has started to make at least two sets per film now (for example the Thor, Spider-Man and rumoured Black Panther ones) so maybe we'll get both Manta and Ocean Master if DC goes down the same path

23 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Yeah, they're both in the film (alongside a couple of other possible minor antagonists). 

It seems that Marvel has started to make at least two sets per film now (for example the Thor, Spider-Man and rumoured Black Panther ones) so maybe we'll get both Manta and Ocean Master if DC goes down the same path

Nice! I'm gonna have to look into this! Has the cast been publicly announced? 

Nice! I'm gonna have to look into this! Has the cast been publicly announced? 

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will play Black Manta while Patrick Wilson plays Ocean Master. 

Edited by MasterofElements

28 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will play Black Manta while Patrick Wilson plays Ocean Master. 

YAM even went so far as to spoil his costume on Twitter the other day:

Spoiler

(No, it's not really a spoiler)

Edited by Alpinemaps

It's weird though all the DC sets..

We have a movie line, a Lego Batman movie line and a 'normal' theme.

I really hope we do get a classic green Two-Face down the line.

Just now, Cobb said:

I really hope we do get a classic green Two-Face down the line.

I'm still hoping that we get another black and white Two-Face suit someday.

10 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I'm still hoping that we get another black and white Two-Face suit someday.

Seconded. It's the most iconic look for him, and we haven't gotten one in over a decade. That's crazy.

Also it's crazy how many Batman sets there have been and there still is no Solomon Grundy, Black Mask, Ventriloquist, Firefly, etc. I remember Ventriloquist was even in a Club magazine comic a few years back but we never saw a physical minifig.

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Seconded. It's the most iconic look for him, and we haven't gotten one in over a decade. That's crazy.

Also it's crazy how many Batman sets there have been and there still is no Solomon Grundy, Black Mask, Ventriloquist, Firefly, etc. I remember Ventriloquist was even in a Club magazine comic a few years back but we never saw a physical minifig.

I'm surprised he didn't show up in the LEGO Batman Movie, seeing as he's kind of an obscure villain

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm surprised he didn't show up in the LEGO Batman Movie, seeing as he's kind of an obscure villain

Bizarrely, I suspect they didn't use him because he isn't obscure enough; we got the most "central" villains that most people could recognize, and we got the very unknown, but the moderately lesser known, like Ventriloquist and Mad Hatter, didn't make the cut.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:30 AM, BlueberryWaffles said:

Exactly, Two-Face doesn't exactly have that many looks to choose from, the only other ones I can think of are the Tommy Lee Jones black and red version and the burned skin variant from The Dark Knight. While TLBM's idea of having his scarred side be deformed plastic was...creative, seeing some concept designs of him in the black and white suit make me want it to appear with an updated minifigure so bad. They finally gave us a perfect Riddler suit minifigure from TLBM sets and it's been 11 years since the original Lego Batman version, I think it's way past due.

Something like either of these from the Two-Face designs would be perfect.

h7ARYCG.png

Edited by MisterBatfleck

10 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Bizarrely, I suspect they didn't use him because he isn't obscure enough; we got the most "central" villains that most people could recognize, and we got the very unknown, but the moderately lesser known, like Ventriloquist and Mad Hatter, didn't make the cut.

Or even more head scratchingly, use a villain who isn't even a Batman villain. Looking at you ... or, through you ... Gentleman Ghost. I guess he appeared on an episode or two of The Brave and the Bold cartoon, but that doesn't make him a Batman villain.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you ... looking forward to a Gentleman Ghost minifigure.

I'd find it really odd, honestly, if we don't get a new sidekick next year. We've got Young Justice coming back, the new Titans show, more Teen Titans Go, and it looks like Kid Flash is going to continue to be a major player on the Flash this season, so teen heroes seem like they'll be in chique next year. I'm betting on Kid Flash and Raven popping up somewhere in the line if I'm right on that aspect.

Of course, we could always see another batch of JLA-adjacent sets, likely with Shazam, Plastic Man, Booster Gold (that Ms. Marvel body is still just laying around, after all), and Zatanna, if I were to guess. Of course, it might also be time to reissue Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, and Brainiac.

Or, they could go with a Rebirth push, with Atom, the two new Lanterns, and maybe the Super Sons. I'd say a recycling of the new prints will be in order, and maybe even a new Superman print to match. (We still haven't gotten a proper set with Bizarro, who's one of the last big Superman villains..?). 

Or, there's the ever-faithful Batman and Friends structure, where we'll just get a bunch of Batman sets with probably a new Joker release, maybe Harley, and a villain someone actually wants like Mad Hatter or Ventriloquist, with one or two worthy side-heroes like Spoiler, another Robin variant, or someone unexpected like Blue Beetle was last year. That seems less likely, though, as it might interfere with their Lego Batman Movie line. 

That's a lot of possibilities, a few of them maybe a little too wishlist-y or optimistic, but those seem to match up the best with what DC as a whole is doing with their marketing right now as far as I'm concerned.

10 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Or, they could go with a Rebirth push, with Atom, the two new Lanterns, and maybe the Super Sons. I'd say a recycling of the new prints will be in order, and maybe even a new Superman print to match. (We still haven't gotten a proper set with Bizarro, who's one of the last big Superman villains..?). 

I don't think they can put regular Bizarro in a set thanks to the braindead decision to make him a SDCC exclusive back in 2013. Same goes for Shazam. We might get different versions of them (already have MM Bizarro and a movie Shazam is surely coming in the future) but I don't know if they can release their classic looks.

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I don't think they can put regular Bizarro in a set thanks to the braindead decision to make him a SDCC exclusive back in 2013. Same goes for Shazam. We might get different versions of them (already have MM Bizarro and a movie Shazam is surely coming in the future) but I don't know if they can release their classic looks.

Genuine curiosity - why couldn't they put their classic looks into a set?  Some sort of contractual agreement?

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Genuine curiosity - why couldn't they put their classic looks into a set?  Some sort of contractual agreement?

It's to keep the SDCC exclusives, well, exclusive. If you thought that a SDCC "exclusive" would later be available in a set, that would take away the rarity value, and people wouldn't fight tooth and claw to get their hands on them (and give Lego publicity at the crowded SDCC).

I'm sure we'll get another version of Shazam at some point. His movie costume when he finally gets his own film soon, or maybe his latest comic book outfit, but the classic look is probably off limits.

1 hour ago, Felkin said:

It's to keep the SDCC exclusives, well, exclusive. If you thought that a SDCC "exclusive" would later be available in a set, that would take away the rarity value, and people wouldn't fight tooth and claw to get their hands on them (and give Lego publicity at the crowded SDCC).

I'm sure we'll get another version of Shazam at some point. His movie costume when he finally gets his own film soon, or maybe his latest comic book outfit, but the classic look is probably off limits.

We got a Green Lantern and a Green Arrow in regular sets. They just need to change the printing from the exclusives. 

Both versions of Green Arrow were even based on The New 52. Shazam and Bizarro could be differentiated from the SDCC costumes even using the same source material. It's really not an issue.

14 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

All Bizarro needs is his "#1" sign removed, and Shazam could just as easily have his hair replaced with a hood, boot molding, arm printing, or a different (not even necessarily new) facial print and still be marketably distinguishable from the SDCC version. Heck, our Green Arrow is just the SDCC one with the hood down, hair, and less printing. 

While I certainly wouldn't want it to detract from the main build, I think that we could see a vehicle in the rumoured Wayne Manor set (like with the previous Arkham Asylum D2C which included the inmate transport van). I personally would like to see the 'Waynemobile' (Bruce's limousine) which would also increase the chances of us getting Alfred in his chauffeur attire. I know a lot of people want the Bat-Kayak and due to its small piece count it may be a more likely contender to appear as a side build. In order for the Manor to be done right I would hope for it to be around £250 

Edited by Duncan Young

On 13 August 2017 at 9:40 PM, Rookie875 said:

[insert picture here]

I found this on Ebay. Does anyone know anything about this? Hopefully this means we get a Mr. Mxyzptlk in the future.

I thought that before 2017 Mighty Micro images were released. 2017 Mighty Micro images were released 29th June 2016.