Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

4 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

Makes sense... to coincide with the LEGO Batman Movie Winter 2018 wave...

Wow, a D2C for the Lego Batman Movie almost a year after it released? I wouldn't have expected it but I'm certainly not going to say no to one. However, I wonder when Marvel is going to get more D2C love. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Wow, a D2C for the Lego Batman Movie almost a year after it released? I wouldn't have expected it but I'm certainly not going to say no to one. However, I wonder when Marvel is going to get more D2C love. 

Give some D2C love for Marvel :cry_sad:

I've read the post but J2G didn't confirm anything, but you guys know well about thing hinting game. If they will release it would make sense to have it as Wayne Manor/ Jokerland from the movie.

52 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Give some D2C love for Marvel :cry_sad:

I've read the post but J2G didn't confirm anything, but you guys know well about thing hinting game. If they will release it would make sense to have it as Wayne Manor/ Jokerland from the movie.

I'd actually prefer the Joker Manor. It was amazing, super cool and fun, and it would make a great D2C. Plus, something like that would be full of play features for kids!

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

So a 1/6 scale version of Kite-Man's harness? :grin:

(not kidding but I would want that 'Kite-Man, hell yeah!')

Seriously though Wayne Manor would be the obvious choice but there's also the Fortress of Solitude (which would be a good way to get some of the Super-Friends) or a large scale TLBM Batmobile or Scuttler. I guess only time will tell 

Oh man, if they put their Justice League entirely in an expensive Fortress of Solitude set, my heart would shatter, and so would my wallet. I'd have to buy that. There's just no way around it.

Are we sure it's a Lego Batman Movie D2C or could it just be a Batman D2C? 

I don't know for sure what the D2C is but I'm reasonably confident it's not the Fortress of Solitude.

Just now, Tragic Banjo said:

I don't know for sure what the D2C is but I'm reasonably confident it's not the Fortress of Solitude.

My feeling too

3 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

I wouldn't say it's that much of a spoiler. Plus who HASN'T seen the movie??????????? :grin: Will do :)

Me? :look:

I hope they do a Gotham City like the recently revealed Ninjago City. That would be.... INCREDIBLE!

But I would just be sadder because I can't afford it.

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

A Gotham City set in the vain of the vain of the Ninjago D2C would be incredible! It would be a great way to get generic civilians, police officers or villains that couldn't handle a set on their own 

This is exactly what I was just thinking of today in light of the new Ninjago City modular unveiling! I was really surprised that we did not see a D2C for TLBM, but perhaps development of one was delayed and instead its release pushed back to be slated for winter 2018 instead.

The Ninjago City modular is mindblowingly AWESOME, and I would love to see a Gotham modular encasing the city in the same way. But having said that, I would like to see modulars done for many other themes.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

I'm hoping it won't be a modular-style D2C

I hope it WILL, and that we will see new modulars for each LEGO movie so that you can connect them and have a nice big LCU display!!

36 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I hope it WILL, and that we will see new modulars for each LEGO movie so that you can connect them and have a nice big LCU display!!

Just imagine a DC modular series; S.T.A.R Labs, The Iceberg Lounge, Daily Planet, The Flash Museum, GCPD etc

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Just imagine a DC modular series; S.T.A.R Labs, The Iceberg Lounge, Daily Planet, The Flash Museum, GCPD etc

the brokeness would be all consuming.

13 hours ago, The Pearson said:

This commercial that came out in February has the Batwing in it that wasn't revealed for months. Could the Wayne Manor at the end be the D2C?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b-6u7fH_LA

That's be an amazing (and huge!) set, but the Batwing in the commercial isn't the one officially released months later. The cockpit piece looks different, the wings are all plates, etc.

29 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

When can we expect to find out what the D2C is? Based on what the main build is, I may skip Ninjago City in September in favor of this. 

SDCC probably?

39 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

When can we expect to find out what the D2C is? Based on what the main build is, I may skip Ninjago City in September in favor of this. 

We'll probably get proper details in August/September but some of our leakers could start to reveal stuff earlier

10 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

This would never work, only two of those are Batman centric.

21 minutes ago, psqidexslizer248 said:

This would never work, only two of those are Batman centric.

Key word's 'imagine' :wink:

Anyway, I said a DC modular series, not a single set. Read the post before you reply. I wouldn't say it couldn't work, there are plenty of iconic locations that aren't related to the Caped Crusader and would be excellent sets if done as well as Ninjago City or Assembly Square

Edited by Duncan Young

24 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Key word's 'imagine' :wink:

Anyway, I said a DC modular series, not a single set. Read the post before you reply. I wouldn't say it couldn't work, there are plenty of iconic locations that aren't related to the Caped Crusader and would be excellent sets if done as well as Ninjago City or Assembly Square

I was more so making fun of how Lego rarely makes DC sets not focused on Batman (I probably should have put a smiley face or something to make this clearer, my bad).  Your idea could work, and I'd sell my soul for some of those ideas (especially that Flash museum with a lineup of exclusive Rogues), but I don't see Lego expanding much beyond Batman for a while (we have yet to even seen the Watchtower :hmpf_bad:).

Just now, psqidexslizer248 said:

I was more so making fun of how Lego rarely makes DC sets not focused on Batman (I probably should have put a smiley face or something to make this clearer, my bad).  Your idea could work, and I'd sell my soul for some of those ideas (especially that Flash museum with a lineup of exclusive Rogues), but I don't see Lego expanding much beyond Batman for a while (we have yet to even seen the Watchtower :hmpf_bad:).

Oh, right :grin:

Yeah, hopefully we'll see more DC stuff after the first Lobo/Lex/Thawne wave. Aquaman's the only DC film slated for next year right? In that case we'll probably get 1/2 sets for that and 2/3 comic/Justice League Action sets 

I would like to think we would be getting a D2C Wayne Manor.  It managed to get 10'000 votes on Lego Ideas (cussoo at the time) so it does make sense.  What other major locations do we need from Batman? 

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

What if the D2C is King Kong or Godzilla?

I know this more of a question for the movie discussion instead, but seriously, was that four armed lizard monster in the film really supposed to be Godzilla? *huh* It almost seemed like it was like a generic replacement for the character after licensing negotiations hypothetically fell through for the character's appearance.