Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I apologize for the bluntness of my post; I really thought it would prevent derailment, not prompt everyone to pile on the poor guy. Anyway, it might not be that much longer before next year's Mighty Micros are officially revealed. Last year they were shown at the end of June.

Hell yea, hopefully we get the info for other sets also. Thanks for clearing up Banjo.

2 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.

Nice Blues Brothers reference. However, I suspect they won't be in the mighty micros. :grin:

5 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I apologize for the bluntness of my post; I really thought it would prevent derailment, not prompt everyone to pile on the poor guy. Anyway, it might not be that much longer before next year's Mighty Micros are officially revealed. Last year they were shown at the end of June.

You're fine, don't worry about it :) 

If it's the end of June they are revealed can we have a hint to who the last two superheroes are please?

On 6/7/2017 at 9:59 AM, Lionbear8 said:

I hope the lex luther mech set comes with a winged batman set in the same style of the spiderman homecoming set with Vulture and his wings, but in Batman Returns style. 

images.jpg

Do you have any idea how much I'd kill for an undoubtedly Keaton Batman?? Even if it was just a head print on the old all-black suit. In all seriousness, though, I imagine they'll make it more like Vulture's wings than the previous Bat-jetpacks, since (as far as I remember) that's the only fuel for a secondary build, and a couple bricks slapped onto a molded piece isn't much of a build.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:48 PM, J4ck said:

So we've had:

Batman

Superman

Wonder Woman

Flash

What other major JLA members will Lego create for MM's:

Aquaman

Green Arrow

Cyborg

Martian Manhunter

I'm putting money on Aquaman or Cyborg - assuming they continue the trend and put another Batman out (though I don't know how many more ways they could do that without duplicating figures). Both are in the majorly publicized League lineup, the one Lego continues to push. Of the two, I'd say Aquaman is most likely, since he's a bit more iconic and doesn't have any detailed, hard-to-print-on headgear like Cy does. 

On 6/8/2017 at 3:08 PM, gman4306 said:

I know its a long shot but Will we get more members for the Rogues like Mirror Master, Heatwave, Weather wizard, etc.?

There's nothing we know of for the time being, but I think it's pretty safe to say that we'll see the major Rogues sooner than later. They are widely considered the third best rogues gallery in comics, and we've already gotten 5 of them, which is more than Superman's seen in non-movie-based sets, and way more than any other member of the League (y'know, besides Batman). 

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

There's nothing we know of for the time being, but I think it's pretty safe to say that we'll see the major Rogues sooner than later. They are widely considered the third best rogues gallery in comics, and we've already gotten 5 of them, which is more than Superman's seen in non-movie-based sets, and way more than any other member of the League (y'know, besides Batman). 

On top of that Lego seems to be focusing on the six JL members from the upcoming movie.

- Cybrog has no well known villains, if any

- Wonder Woman's only well known villain is already in a set next year

- Batman and Aquaman probably won't get much love since they don't want them to compete with their other sets released this year or next year

- Superman only has a handful of villains left that are popular enough for sets: Doomsday, Zod, Bizzaro

- Flash has a popular tv show running that has helped introduce some of the Rogues to a wider audience

Plus, Lego may have already designed a set for the Flash movie that was supposed to come out next year which was supposed to feature The Rogues, so they may just want to release it with comic variants so they don't have to waste the design and have to come up with a new one.

Grid. But I dont see him appearing anytime soon

Yeah we already got Cheetah and Ares but Circe is a formidable WW villain too

Metallo and a proper Doomsday fig?

I dont think so. The DCEU lineup has been announce in late 2015 (December I think?) and a lot has changed since then. A couple of directors leaving and re-written scripts so I doubt the concept art (if there were) would have been released for marketing purposes. 

55 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

Grid. But I dont see him appearing anytime soon

Metallo and a proper Doomsday fig?

I dont think so. The DCEU lineup has been announce in late 2015 (December I think?) and a lot has changed since then. A couple of directors leaving and re-written scripts so I doubt the concept art (if there were) would have been released for marketing purposes. 

Circe isn't quite that well known and Metallo hasn't really been as prominent in pop culture recently to the extent Flash's villains have been.

The DCEU thing is a long shot, but the director only left earlier this year so depending on how soon they design sets they may have had some very preliminary sets designed.  Probably not though.

There isn't much else Lego is likely to do the rest of this year aside from comic based JL sets (Superman and Flash heavy make the most sense as one is one of DC's top two and the other has been getting a lot of exposure lately) and Aquaman movie sets.

12 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

We could still use a comic book Ares. And whatever version of Cheetah we get, there would be an alternate (i.e. human in cat suit or were-Cheetah).

Artemis, Circe, Giganta (brick built maxifigure) and Dr Psycho would all be welcome additions to fleshing out Wonder Woman's rogues gallery.

I'd personally be happy to see Hades, Duke of Deception, Phobos, Deimos, Medusa and Queen Clea as well, but that would probably be a stretch - it's not like she's Batman!

Dr Poison and Baroness von Gunther seem unlikely to be included as they're pretty "extreme" for Lego. Angle Man and Silver Swan could be good choices for "bizarre" and colourful inclusions.

And there are a bunch of allies that we need - Queen Hippolyta, both Wonder Girls, Etta Candy, various Amazons and maybe Nemesis (Tom Tresser).

11 hours ago, psqidexslizer248 said:

Circe isn't quite that well known and Metallo hasn't really been as prominent in pop culture recently to the extent Flash's villains have been.

The DCEU thing is a long shot, but the director only left earlier this year so depending on how soon they design sets they may have had some very preliminary sets designed.  Probably not though.

There isn't much else Lego is likely to do the rest of this year aside from comic based JL sets (Superman and Flash heavy make the most sense as one is one of DC's top two and the other has been getting a lot of exposure lately) and Aquaman movie sets.

She is too comic book fans but I doubt we'll see her soon. For the Flash Rogues I'd love to see them in their Comic Appearances since Lego wont be making anything CW. We still haven't gotten Abrakadabra,golden Glider and Mirror Master and an updated Captain Cold after the events of Forever Evil would be great.

There was a director before before Rick Famuyiwa. Him and Seth Grahame Smith have different visions for the character.

Isn't it confirmed by our leakers that it's Justice League Action based?

9 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

We could still use a comic book Ares. And whatever version of Cheetah we get, there would be an alternate (i.e. human in cat suit or were-Cheetah).

Artemis, Circe, Giganta (brick built maxifigure) and Dr Psycho would all be welcome additions to fleshing out Wonder Woman's rogues gallery.

I'd personally be happy to see Hades, Duke of Deception, Phobos, Deimos, Medusa and Queen Clea as well, but that would probably be a stretch - it's not like she's Batman!

Dr Poison and Baroness von Gunther seem unlikely to be included as they're pretty "extreme" for Lego. Angle Man and Silver Swan could be good choices for "bizarre" and colourful inclusions.

And there are a bunch of allies that we need - Queen Hippolyta, both Wonder Girls, Etta Candy, various Amazons and maybe Nemesis (Tom Tresser).

Some the characters that you've mentioned haven't been in the comics for so long I doubt Lego would make them. And most Wonder Woman villains are not well known to others unlike us readers. I'd kill for a comic book Ares too. George Perez style or New 52 I'll take it:laugh: It would be fun seeing New 52 so WW can wear the Helm of the God of War as well:laugh:

We'll be seeing Hippolyta again in the DCEU but God knows when the sequel will be and I don't think Lego will make her in her JL appearance. For allies, I itching to get a Donna Troy to complete the Titans. Nemesis is a long shot because fans love Steve Trevor

Giganta and Circe are both pretty major, especially Giganta, who's a classic Legion of Doom member. Felix Faust is also pretty likely, sooner or later, since he seems to make his way into just about every DC property that contains magic, including at least one JLA episode.

Superman's got plenty of big villains left. Metallo, Parasite, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Kalibak, Mongul, Livewire, Toyman, Silver Banshee, Cyborg Superman, Ultra-Humanite, Desaad, Granny Goodness, Eclipso, and Volcana, just to name a few. Most of those even have the same advantage as Flash's Rogues, thanks to Supergirl and it's over-reliance on the Superman mythos that seems to prove that they were more interested in making a Superman show with a female lead than an actual show about Supergirl

Cyborg is absolutely lacking in villains, though, especially if you exclude any that are more closely associated to the Teen Titans. That's something they'll wanna remedy before the movie happens. It's hard to make an effective arch-villain overnight, it's not really something you can force. If you ask me, I'd say the best thing DC could do right now is sift through all the original villains created for the Teen Titans cartoon and introduce them. Perfectly fresh history in terms of DC's continuity, but a built-in association with Vic. Back on topic, though: in terms of sets, I'd say they'll probably just use him as a vehicle for general Justice League villains like Despero and Amazo, and for some Titans villains, like Doctor Light and Psimon. That is, assuming that they let him headline a set, which I don't see happening unless he really takes off in the JL movie. 

Point is, though, it seems pretty likely that this steady stream of Flash villains isn't going to end any time soon. Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, Heatwave, Pied Piper, and Abra Kadabra are all pretty major DC villains, and are all pretty visually appealing and easy enough to figure out. You don't really need a paragraph to explain that Heatwave likes to burn things, y'know? :grin:

Speaking of Donna and Cassie, I'm really surprised by the distinct lack of sidekickery we've seen. Outside of the Robins and Batgirl (and I guess maybe Superboy, if you count him?) we haven't seen any sidekicks. Even all of our Titans are the ones that are independent heroes, or at least members of bigger teams. I figured we'd be seeing Aqualad and Speedy as kidnapping victims by now, but no, only Robin. Heck, we haven't even seen the classic damsels-in-distress yet: Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen! We really need to up the number of sidekicks and non-Robin-related kidnappings and death traps in these sets! 

5 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Superman's got plenty of big villains left. Metallo, Parasite, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Kalibak, Mongul, Livewire, Toyman, Silver Banshee, Cyborg Superman, Ultra-Humanite, Desaad, Granny Goodness, Eclipso, and Volcana, just to name a few. Most of those even have the same advantage as Flash's Rogues, thanks to Supergirl and it's over-reliance on the Superman mythos that seems to prove that they were more interested in making a Superman show with a female lead than an actual show about Supergirl

A Superman set with both Toyman and Mr. Mxyzptlk could be very creative and fun, with an eccentric, comedic vibe like that of Batman's rouges. :classic:

I want Doomsday, comic book Zod, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Metallo, updated (more serious than TLBM) Batman villains, minifigure Ares, Dr Poision, Grid, new Captain Cold, Heatwave, Golden Glider, Vibe and a new Deathstroke. I would say Maxwell Lord but he hasn't got any vehicle-like (mech, tank etc) things and he is only really a man in a suit.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A Superman set with both Toyman and Mr. Mxyzptlk could be very creative and fun, with an eccentric, comedic vibe like that of Batman's rouges. :classic:

Cant have a set with Toyman without Powergirl:wink:

55 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

I want Doomsday, comic book Zod, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Metallo, updated (more serious than TLBM) Batman villains, minifigure Ares, Dr Poision, Grid, new Captain Cold, Heatwave, Golden Glider, Vibe and a new Deathstroke. I would say Maxwell Lord but he hasn't got any vehicle-like (mech, tank etc) things and he is only really a man in a suit.

m8 I would like to see death stroke with a new mould for the helmet instead of just a printed Minifigure head [insert disappointed legomoji here]

Just now, BatofGotham said:

Cant have a set with Toyman without Powergirl:wink:

I don't really know much about power girl would be nice for a Minifigure then a MM version of her.

55 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

General Zod's recent suit is awesome as hell I'd love to see it in Lego. Now that Maxwell Lord is back in the comics (Justice League vs. Suicide Squad) and has been gaining popularity again I think lego would make him. And he doesnt wear a suit very often but some tactical gear. You don't know how much I want a new Deathstroke with a helmet:laugh: If Lego would make make him again I'd say put him in a set with the Titans (not teen titans) so we can finally have the team

General Zod's recent suit is awesome as hell I'd love to see it in Lego. Now that Maxwell Lord is back in the comics (Justice League vs. Suicide Squad) and has been gaining popularity again I think lego would make him. And he doesnt wear a suit very often but some tactical gear. You don't know how much I want a new Deathstroke with a helmet:laugh: If Lego would make make him again I'd say put him in a set with the Titans (not teen titans) so we can finally have the team

I personally feel it would work so much better than a printed Minifigure head then they could even use it for a MM version of death stroke (hopefully against green arrow)

I dont care how much people hate it, I would love a new Deathstroke to use the newest Iron Man helmet

11 minutes ago, J4ck said:

m8 I would like to see death stroke with a new mould for the helmet instead of just a printed Minifigure head [insert disappointed legomoji here]

I don't really know much about power girl would be nice for a Minifigure then a MM version of her.

I was talking about Minifigs too:laugh: I honestly dont really care much about MMs 

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

I dont care how much people hate it, I would love a new Deathstroke to use the newest Iron Man helmet

This will be perfect. But I can't see them making a new DS. Probably if the solo batman pushes through. He is the main villain in that film right?

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

C'mon man:laugh: Slade is a fan-favorite character he deserves a helmet and some characters would benefit from it. The Iron Man helmet looks goof fform the front with Slade but the rest not so much. His Helmet has a different shape 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

This will be perfect. But I can't see them making a new DS. Probably if the solo batman pushes through. He is the main villain in that film right?

He was back when Affleck was supposed to direct it, who knows what Reeves has planned though.

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Joe Manganiello is still on board for Th Batman but he is speculated to appear in JL. Zack posted a storyboard of someone who looks like Slade and the video that Ben posted is Slade on the Flying Fox. If Deathstroke was the villain for the Batman he's not going to be the "main" villain. Slade's a mercenary and someone's pulling the strings:wink:

Joe Manganiello is still on board for Th Batman but he is speculated to appear in JL. Zack posted a storyboard of someone who looks like Slade and the video that Ben posted is Slade on the Flying Fox. If Deathstroke was the villain for the Batman he's not going to be the "main" villain. Slade's a mercenary and someone's pulling the strings:wink:

I really don't have any idea on what's going to be the story line and I'm not a big batman fan, but if he's confirmed to appear that will be a good reason for them to make a new DS fig/ but yea who knows? 

10 minutes ago, psqidexslizer248 said:

He was back when Affleck was supposed to direct it, who knows what Reeves has planned though.

That will be a reason for them to make the fig! 

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

I really don't have any idea on what's going to be the story line and I'm not a big batman fan, but if he's confirmed to appear that will be a good reason for them to make a new DS fig/ but yea who knows? 

I just want another Deathstroke and I'd take any version:laugh: