Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

That sounds like a good wave to me. :thumbup:

Also, I'm not seeing why this has to be Justice League Action based. So what that it includes characters featured on the show? That's because these sets have big players, fan favorites, and characters who DC has been pushing lately in video games, TV series, and as part of the Rebirth initiative. Even if it is a tie-in for JLA, the Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man sets haven't always used the versions of characters that appear on those shows, so I don't see why that necessarily has to happen here. It could be a mix of cartoon, classic, and modern.  Personally, if characters are getting new costumes, Rebirth seems a bit more likely to me, but that might be out of preference. Some JLA designs like Wonder Woman and Lex might be cool (and that Flash would be perfect for Wally), but other designs are boring or downright ugly compared to what's in the comics, like the Cyborg and Killer Frost posted above.

Just now, Super Fish Oil said:

Also, I'm not seeing why this has to be Justice League Action based. So what that it includes characters featured on the show? That's because these sets have big players, fan favorites, and characters who DC has been pushing lately in video games, TV series, and as part of the Rebirth initiative. Even if it is a tie-in for JLA, the Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man sets haven't always used the versions of characters that appear on those shows, so I don't see why that necessarily has to happen here. It could be a mix of cartoon, classic, and modern.  Personally, if characters are getting new costumes, Rebirth seems a bit more likely to me, but that might be out of preference. Some JLA designs like Wonder Woman and Lex might be cool (and that Flash would be perfect for Wally), but other designs are boring or downright ugly compared to what's in the comics, like the Cyborg and Killer Frost posted above.

I agree the Cyborg is ugly, but Killer Frost is pretty accurate to her comics

18fdba286a5808021726d4adc6fd57fd.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I agree the Cyborg is ugly, but Killer Frost is pretty accurate to her comics

She was the boring one. :tongue: Cyborg and Cheetah (if I mentioned Cheetah) were the ugly ones. Not that accurate to the comics can't also be boring or ugly, especially since I meant the animation style more than the design itself. I could live with that Killer Frost, but I think I'd just prefer the Rebirth look. Maybe it wreaks of edgy modern anti-heroic designs over the classic spandex that some people would prefer, but I kind of like it anyway, at least for the coat. I might make fun of the croptop and haircut, but snow villains in coats are fun. :shrug_oh_well:

3c5237c27017fd935ea5598489d32996cb41b229

Edited by Super Fish Oil
Cyborg, not Firestorm

For Injustice 2 fans I just realised that next year we'll have got all the Society members (Grodd, Cold, Scarecrow, Bane, Deadshot, Cheetah, Ivy) and all members of Batmans insurgency (Bats, Harley, Selina, Dinah, Ollie, Beetle, Firestorm, Hal and Barry). So if we could just get Black Adam, Swamp Thing, Atrocitus and Fate that'd be grand :grin:

Edited by Duncan Young

29 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

For Injustice 2 fans I just realised that next year we'll have got all the Society members (Grodd, Cold, Scarecrow, Bane, Deadshot, Cheetah, Ivy) and all members of Batmans insurgency (Bats, Harley, Selina, Dinah, Ollie, Beetle, Firestorm, Hal and Barry). So if we could just get Black Adam, Swamp Thing, Atrocitus and Fate that'd be grand :grin:

Lol yeah ur right. I was a bit upset at first as I wanted a Black Canary figure but I was glad she will be in the Lego Batman CMF series 2. Which firestorm will we get? Jason rusch or ronnie raymond? And also I'm not sure how the Killer Frost car will be. But im excited were finally getting reverse flash.

9 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Re-re-reverse Flash!? :laugh: YES YES YES YES YES!!!! And Killer Frost and Firestorm! (Weird that they aren't in the same set)

#BestWaveYet #RealDCSuperHeroes #FinallyNotAboutBatman

Yeah, that seems really odd to me. Even in the cartoon they're depicted as some sort of pair, with Firestorm trying to convince her to turn over a new leaf. If it wasn't Cyborg's helicopter, I would've swapped those two around. It's also really weird that they gave Cyborg a helicopter and Killer Frost a car, since Cyborg's the one who kinda famously has a car (the T-Car) and in the aforementioned JLA episode, Mr. Freeze and Killer Frost have some kind of airship.

It's kind of interesting that we're getting the whole League this wave excluding Aquaman, who has his own JL movie set, and Green Lantern, who isn't in the movie at all. I don't think that's a coincidence. 

8 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

I am the only that wants these character in their rebirth suits? I'm curious to see what WW will look like. If lego is lazy enough they'll just slap DCEU WW:laugh:. We'll just probably get a thawne in his normal suit. There's not that much variants anyway. I'd love to see Frost in her rebirth suit. I digged her in Justice League vs Suicide Squad. And I got excited when Batman gave her a shot at redemption joining the league. Not to excited about cheetah though. Same with Firestorm he's really boring. The last time i saw him was in Trinity War. 

Getting freakin Batman in his Rebirth suit is my fantasy. Seeing that dark purple cape with yellow outlines in his Bat symbol soo sick

IM PRAYING THAT THE FLASH IN THAT SET IS WALLY WEST. 

His suit looks cool asf. Those silvers and blue lightnings are amazing in his suit. He is an important character right now so I'm hoping they'll make him into a minifig

I'd say the existing figs are gonna stay pretty much as-is (although Flash might get boots this time now that that piece exists) and all the other designs are gonna stay pretty traditional or lean towards the show. So Killer Frost is probably gonna look more like her New 52 counterpart than her Rebirth one, since the show's design is closer to the former. As nice as it would be to get Wally, I doubt we'll see the Flash fig change with all of these new characters needing new prints. If I had to pick, though, I'd really love to see them go with the classic Wally Flash suit, with the white eyes and open belt. He'd go a lot nicer with the Reverse Flash figure, if nothing else. 

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Really unsure about how to do Reverse Flash's legs, maybe if they redesign Flash with a costume, that when swapped onto Reverse Flash, it doesn't use blank yellow legs. I really hope they don't use the darker Wolverine yellow

Thinking this could be the new Cyborg design, not a big fan of it, but I'm just happy we're getting another one

I'm hoping they stick with classic yellow, and I'm fairly confident they will. His whole costume is an inverted Flash suit, and Flash uses plain old yellow for his yellow parts.

I doubt they'll do that Cyborg, just because it would require some drastic changes to his current headpiece, which even the movie couldn't change. With all these new characters, I doubt we'll see much variation in the ones we already have.

7 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

Sooo are we getting comic based sets or Justice League action sets. Because there's a difference

It's more like how the Avengers Assemble sets are: the characters, vehicles, and settings you'd see in the show, but with more general character designs. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

You should be able to add Krypto to the Lobo set but I understand waiting for a second source

Could there be a third figure that isn't Krypto in that set? Because it seems odd that they wouldn't recognize the third character if it was dog-shaped.

31 minutes ago, gman4306 said:

Lol yeah ur right. I was a bit upset at first as I wanted a Black Canary figure but I was glad she will be in the Lego Batman CMF series 2. Which firestorm will we get? Jason rusch or ronnie raymond? And also I'm not sure how the Killer Frost car will be. But im excited were finally getting reverse flash.

Almost definitely Ronnie Raymond. He's the one in the cartoon, and has the most recognizable appearance. 

@Numbuh1Nerd It's okay if you like pre-52 dark red white lenses Wally West. But for variety I think and hopefully they'll do his new one (If they do make him:laugh:)

2 hours ago, Super Fish Oil said:

Yeah, I think a mix of designs could work.

41 minutes ago, gman4306 said:

Well in the series Firestorm is Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein. Currently in the comics Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch

Just now, BatofGotham said:

@Numbuh1Nerd It's okay if you like pre-52 dark red white lenses Wally West. But for variety I think and hopefully they'll do his new one (If they do make him:laugh:)

Oh, don't get me wrong, his new costume's pretty rad! I'm glad they gave him something different if both Flashes are gonna be running around at the same time (although I kinda wish they'd give him a new name, too). I just think that, of all the ways we could get Wally, I think his Kid Flash and classic Flash suit would be a little more high-priority, and in a set with Reverse Flash, they're probably going to include the Flash he looks the most reverse of :grin: Either way, though, I'd say for the sake of cost that they won't be doing any new prints for the League we've already got. We're getting at least 5 new figures with entirely unique prints and some parts in new colors, and only across 3 sets. That's not gonna leave much in the New Stuff Budget.

9 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I reckon Killer Frost will use this type design;

5839018-killer+frost.jpg

I could see her using the Ghost Rider head/hairpiece mold.

I'll be very happy to add Cheetah to my collection! Killer Frost is a pretty awesome inclusion too. I hope that the Wonder Woman minifigure uses the JLA or Rebirth "battle skirt" costume design. 

3 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, his new costume's pretty rad! I'm glad they gave him something different if both Flashes are gonna be running around at the same time (although I kinda wish they'd give him a new name, too). I just think that, of all the ways we could get Wally, I think his Kid Flash and classic Flash suit would be a little more high-priority, and in a set with Reverse Flash, they're probably going to include the Flash he looks the most reverse of :grin: Either way, though, I'd say for the sake of cost that they won't be doing any new prints for the League we've already got. We're getting at least 5 new figures with entirely unique prints and some parts in new colors, and only across 3 sets. That's not gonna leave much in the New Stuff Budget.

Nah he was The Flash for decades. He deserves that title. And some people prefer him over Barry. If it's Barry that we're gonna get in the set. Boots and leg printing is a must

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I could see her using the Ghost Rider head/hairpiece mold.

If she does you know what that means right... 

Hades

Edited by Ashnflash

A comic based DC set not leaning on either Batman nor Superman is quite unexpected, but its nice and I hope this will continue as a trend.

I hope, like the last wave of comic based JL sets for 2015, that we could get some new colored canopies in these sets. The 2015 sets gave us new Trans-Blue, Trans-"Ice Planet" Orange, and Trans-Neon Green canopies along with the transparent wing parts for the Invisible Jet and GL jet.

1 minute ago, Ashnflash said:

If she does you know what that means right... 

Well shucks, that head/hair color combination could be repurposed for that too. :thumbup:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A comic based DC set not leaning on either Batman nor Superman is quite unexpected, but its nice and I hope this will continue as a trend.

I hope, like the last wave of comic based JL sets for 2015, that we could get some new colored canopies in these sets. The 2015 sets gave us new Trans-Blue, Trans-"Ice Planet" Orange, and Trans-Neon Green canopies along with the transparent wing parts for the Invisible Jet and GL jet.

It's not entirely comic book based sets like @Quicksilver838

Said

Curious to see how they'll do kandor. Maybe just like the kryptonite cannisters in the bvs batmobile set? For Supergirl's outfit the one we already have is the exact same thing she has right now in the comics

22 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Additional information, everyone:

That Supergirl/Brainiac one sounds interesting, especially with the Kandor cylinder brick. I hope that Brainiac comes with a stern, not angry, look and that the cartoonish style is mild at best for normal reusage.

1 hour ago, BatofGotham said:

Curious to see how they'll do kandor. Maybe just like the kryptonite cannisters in the bvs batmobile set? For Supergirl's outfit the one we already have is the exact same thing she has right now in the comics

It says it's on a 1x1 cylinder, so I'm assuming that's a clear cylinder with a print on it (similar to pieces like Davy Jones's heart). 

Strange as it seems, I've repeatedly been won over by the Mighty Micros sets, so I can't wait to see next year's. If memory serves me, this year's were revealed a good 6 months in advance; it'll be interesting to see if we get images that early again.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That Supergirl/Brainiac one sounds interesting, especially with the Kandor cylinder brick. I hope that Brainiac comes with a stern, not angry, look and that the cartoonish style is mild at best for normal reusage.

Hopefully we get it then in 3's and there are two others on the way. I can easily see a Green Lantern one w/ Sinestro and another Batman one.

9 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Hopefully we get it then in 3's and there are two others on the way. I can easily see a Green Lantern one w/ Sinestro and another Batman one.

Yeah, with Batman being a big seller, I'd expect one of his allies and one of his rogues to show up. I'm not sure we'd get a third Batman variant, I'd lean towards Batgirl being the hero (though Nightwing would also be great), and if they go popularity with the villain, Harley Quinn would make sense; however, since they chose Killer Moth last time, they seem willing to use lower-tier villains, which is also okay with me.

Green Lantern would seem most likely for the next one, with Sinestro the obvious choice. If not that, Aquaman seems plausible for next year, with maybe a Black Manta or an Ocean Master.

Just now, PepperoniBricks said:

Yeah, with Batman being a big seller, I'd expect one of his allies and one of his rogues to show up. I'm not sure we'd get a third Batman variant, I'd lean towards Batgirl being the hero (though Nightwing would also be great), and if they go popularity with the villain, Harley Quinn would make sense; however, since they chose Killer Moth last time, they seem willing to use lower-tier villains, which is also okay with me.

Green Lantern would seem most likely for the next one, with Sinestro the obvious choice. If not that, Aquaman seems plausible for next year, with maybe a Black Manta or an Ocean Master.

Batgirl and Joker would be a fun one. And Sinestro could be in his white costume and maybe they do Guy Gardner Green Lantern.