Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

Looks like the team behind the 90s X-Men animated series is pitching a revival to Disney.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-series-team-approach-disney/

I'd love to see this show make a comeback. Aside from being one of the best adaptions of the X-Men it would be a great opportunity to get some tie-in sets before they start appearing in the MCU. The 90s costumes also remain my favorite look for a lot of the characters.

Given this year's lackluster Endgame playsets primarily due to the film's total avoidance of major spoilers, does anyone here feel Lego could make up for such with a D2C Avengers' Compound in the next couple of years? I mean, not only could such a set given proper representation to the film, but also the cumulative MCU as a whole in retrospect, given that location's presence in four other cinematic entries previously. :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given this year's lackluster Endgame playsets primarily due to the film's total avoidance of major spoilers, does anyone here feel Lego could make up for such with a D2C Avengers' Compound in the next couple of years? I mean, not only could such a set given proper representation to the film, but also the cumulative MCU as a whole in retrospect, given that location's presence in four other cinematic entries previously. :shrug_oh_well:

We don’t yet know how the sets are selling, but probably well given the popularity of the movie. That being said, Lego may not feel they have to make up anything. 

If we got a compound, I have a bad feeling it’d be microscale with a few minifgures thrown in, like other large complex models such as Hogwarts, or the Helicarrier. However, it would give us an opportunity to get nanofigures of the main six avengers, plus Rhodes, Vision, Wanda, and maybe others.

Considering we got a UCS from an old movie, as well as the HOA and tower promo, I’m starting to warm to the possibility of them going a 20 years type of series to touch on movies they either didn’t have the license for or didn’t create proper builds for.  Only problem is there are probably several waves worth of sets if they do this but based on the hall I’m not sure this is an issue.

i think there’s more demand for MCU sets than enteric Marvel stuff but I guess the character lineup is way more limited. 

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given this year's lackluster Endgame playsets primarily due to the film's total avoidance of major spoilers, does anyone here feel Lego could make up for such with a D2C Avengers' Compound

If Lego wanted to make it up to us, they'd release a Bricktober pack for the movie. That would make more sense for a smaller project and could increase sales of the sets they've already got out.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:27 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

If Lego wanted to make it up to us, they'd release a Bricktober pack for the movie. That would make more sense for a smaller project and could increase sales of the sets they've already got out.

How’s this a better alternative to Ucs set? Bricktober packs aren’t usually available worldwide, so only limited amount of people can get as opposed to new wave of sets or Ucs.

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

How’s this a better alternative to Ucs set? Bricktober packs aren’t usually available worldwide, so only limited amount of people can get as opposed to new wave of sets or Ucs.

It would cost a lot less than a new UCS set does to produce and (if ran as a promotion on their site avoiding last years Toys'R'Us fiasco) would serve to promote the other sets rather than possibly draw from their sales. Either way you cut it, a promotion will be better for a line of badly selling sets than making a completely separate set.

1 hour ago, legoSDR said:

Has everyone seen the latest Endgame leak? Thoughts?

This was announced, SDCC preview. Not leak. :tongue:

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This was announced, SDCC preview. Not leak. :tongue:

My mistake! assumed it was a leak lol

So, here are all the locked-in dates for both the MCU's Phase IV and Disney + miniseries, as pertinent to this topic:

• BLACK WIDOW - MAY 1, 2020 
  • THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER - FALL 2020
  • THE ETERNALS - NOVEMBER 6, 2020
  • SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS - FEBRUARY 12, 2021
  • WANDAVISION - SPRING 2021
  • DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS - MAY 7, 2021
  • LOKI - SPRING 2021
  • WHAT IF...? - SUMMER 2021
  • HAWKEYE - FALL 2021
  • THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER - NOVEMBER 5, 2021

On 7/21/2019 at 10:04 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

So, here are all the locked-in dates for both the MCU's Phase IV and Disney + miniseries, as pertinent to this topic:

• BLACK WIDOW - MAY 1, 2020 
  • THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER - FALL 2020
  • THE ETERNALS - NOVEMBER 6, 2020
  • SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS - FEBRUARY 12, 2021
  • WANDAVISION - SPRING 2021
  • DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS - MAY 7, 2021
  • LOKI - SPRING 2021
  • WHAT IF...? - SUMMER 2021
  • HAWKEYE - FALL 2021
  • THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER - NOVEMBER 5, 2021

Looks like we've got three more Disney+ shows in the works, though with no set release dates as of yet:

The Hollywood Reporter - Marvel Unveils 3 New Disney+ Shows Including 'She-Hulk' and 'Moon Knight'

At D23 Marvel showed off new Black Widow costume in white for her solo movie! And apparently it’s one of a few she’ll wear in the movie. Never seen BW in white before...

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

At D23 Marvel showed off new Black Widow costume in white for her solo movie! And apparently it’s one of a few she’ll wear in the movie. Never seen BW in white before...

Some decent pics for such can be found here: ComicBook - Black Widow's White Costume Revealed in New Photos

Plus, here are two other pieces of MCU news from the D23 Expo that are relevant here...

eternals-concept-art-costumes-cast-large-1184517.jpeg?auto=webp&width=696&height=458&crop=696:458,smart