Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Now that the FF and X-men rights in almost all likelihood will go back to Marvel given the purchase of Fox, I am wondering when we might see one of these long overdue characters in Lego form. Previously Marvel did not license as much merchandise for these properties given that part of the profits went to Fox. Once the deal closes (first half of 2019, according to several reports), this should not prevent that possibility anymore. Realistically, though, since Marvel sets are so focused on the MCU, we might have to wait for one of these characters to pop up on the big screen, which might make us wait to 2021. I am just waiting for the moment in which I can have all FF and main X-men minifigures!

We'll probably still have to wait a few years for them to be introduced into the MCU, but I'm hoping Marvel will still start pushing them early in other media and we'll see some comic/animated themed sets as soon as next year. There's just so much of the X-Men universe to work with that would put the Lego Batman line to shame.

For me the things that are essential for future X-Men sets are:

- 90's Animated Series lineup in Jim Lee costumes (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Jubilee plus Xavier in the yellow hover chair)
- Other mainstream X-Men members not regulars on the cartoon (Iceman, Angel, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost and Psylocke) 
- A List X-Men villains (Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister and Dark Phoenix)
- Bishop and Cable
- Important character variants like (green) Phoenix Jean, Archangel, Weapon X Wolverine etc.
- New Sentinel either in the scale of Lex Luthor/Venom mechs or designed like the Ant-Man/Ares buildable figures
- X-Mansion with Danger Room
- Larger Blackbird/X-Jet

Even once those are all covered there's still:

- Less mainstream X-Men members (Forge, Banshee, Havok, Polaris etc)
- Brotherhood henchmen (Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, Toad etc)
- B/C/D List Villains (Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, Sauron, Nimrod, Omega Red, Shadow King, Mojo, Brood)
- "Civilian" characters like Moira MacTaggert, Senator Kelly, Bolivar Trask, Henry Gyrich etc.
- Other factions such as the Hellfire Club, Morlocks, Starjammers, Shi'ar Empire, Marauders etc.
- Comic variants of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
- First Class, Modern and MCU costume variants
- Sets based on the greater X-Men universe (Genosha, Muir Island, Asteroid M, Morlock Tunnels, Shi'ar spaceships, Savage Land, Mastermold, Future Timelines)

Honestly, I'm not a major X-Men fan. As long as we eventually get Jean Grey, as well as a Phoenix variant, Nightcrawler, and Quicksilver, I'm down with whatever. 

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Honestly, I'm not a major X-Men fan. As long as we eventually get Jean Grey, as well as a Phoenix variant, Nightcrawler, and Quicksilver, I'm down with whatever. 

I think there is so much potential with x-men, especially with the different generations. 

21 hours ago, wesker said:

We'll probably still have to wait a few years for them to be introduced into the MCU, but I'm hoping Marvel will still start pushing them early in other media and we'll see some comic/animated themed sets as soon as next year. There's just so much of the X-Men universe to work with that would put the Lego Batman line to shame.

- 90's Animated Series lineup in Jim Lee costumes (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Jubilee plus Xavier in the yellow hover chair)
- Other mainstream X-Men members not regulars on the cartoon (Iceman, Angel, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost and Psylocke) 
- A List X-Men villains (Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister and Dark Phoenix)
- Bishop and Cable
- Important character variants like (green) Phoenix Jean, Archangel, Weapon X Wolverine etc.
- New Sentinel either in the scale of Lex Luthor/Venom mechs or designed like the Ant-Man/Ares buildable figures
- Larger Blackbird/X-Jet

- B/C/D List Villains (Lady Deathstrike, Silver Samurai, Sauron, Nimrod, Omega Red, Shadow King, Mojo, Brood)
- "Civilian" characters like Moira MacTaggert, Senator Kelly, Bolivar Trask, Henry Gyrich etc.
- Other factions such as the Hellfire Club, Morlocks, Starjammers, Shi'ar Empire, Marauders etc.
- Sets based on the greater X-Men universe (Genosha, Muir Island, Asteroid M, Morlock Tunnels, Shi'ar spaceships, Savage Land, Mastermold, Future Timelines)

That's a pretty exhaustive list! All of that would be awesome. I think there is great potential in an X-Mansion set. It probably hasn't been done because of this whole licensing ordeal, but it's one of those rare super hero potential sets in the hundred dollar range. I'd probably get it in a heartbeat.

On 7/29/2018 at 2:59 AM, wesker said:

- Bishop and Cable
- Larger Blackbird/X-Jet

your lack of mentions of juggernaut is disturbing

NEVERMIND I SHOULD LEARN TO READ

Edited by MakkaG15
i am stupid

1 hour ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I’m having a hard time remembering but does NYCC usually reveal LEGO sets like SDCC? Is there a chance we will see new set reveals in October?

Well the winter wave should really be revealed by October-November time, if not before (if we're lucky)

At best as well, we might get some confirmation on how many Avengers 4 sets, as well as some for Captain Marvel

9 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well the winter wave should really be revealed by October-November time, if not before (if we're lucky)

At best as well, we might get some confirmation on how many Avengers 4 sets, as well as some for Captain Marvel

Don't forget Spiderman: Far From Home.

And now that Nick Fury and Maria Hill are both confirmed to appear in the upcoming sequel, I'm kinda dissapointed with what the future holds.

Both Captain Marvel and FFH have Fury as a key role, so potential minifigure/s for him. What's wrong with that?

IMO, It could've been another Avenger character in FFH. 

By the way, does anyone here know what the upcoming MCU Eternals Movie may have to offer us in the way of potential Lego sets? I know hardly anything is known about the MCU's take on the characters and their story at this point, but do any of you guys have any particular in-depth knowledge of the source material it's basing itself upon? Would you be willing to offer some speculation as to what the film could give us in the vein of tie-in set(s)? :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Medieval build. Hercules and the character that Angelina Jolie playing. :innocent:

Really? Hmmm, the purported "cosmic" implications that its source material suggests had me vaguely hoping for some sorta spaceship or something. :shrug_confused:

Now that disney/fox is a thing officially I hope we start getting x-men sets by next year.

Even though I fear that the only marvel comic book sets we'll be getting in the foreseable future will be spider-man focused because lego doesn't want to stray away from the spidey cash cow.

Edited by LOTR34

On 4/29/2019 at 9:23 AM, LOTR34 said:

Now that disney/fox is a thing officially I hope we start getting x-men sets by next year.

Even though I fear that the only marvel comic book sets we'll be getting in the foreseable future will be spider-man focused because lego doesn't want to stray away from the spidey cash cow.

True, the only sets we have are mediocre at best

So Marvel just announced a Ghost Rider series on hulu starring Gabriel Luna reprising the role of Robbie Reyes and a Helstrom series featuring Daimon and "Ana" Helstrom. I'm super freaking excited!!! While we have yet to get sets based on any tv properties I am excited by the prospect of potentially getting these characters in more general comic based marvel sets. I do hope that now it seems the MCU films might be slowing down a bit we might get more comic sets again. 

Anyone here see future potential for further GWP sets such as this year's 40334 Avengers Tower? Personally, I could easily see them following through with the same format that set had with miniaturized recreations of other MCU staples such as Avengers Compound, Tony's Malibu Mansion, the Triskelion, the Sanctum Sanctorum and a SHIELD Helicarrier, each coming with an exclusive figure. :shrug_oh_well:

40334-1.jpg?201904230852

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 5/2/2019 at 6:18 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Anyone here see future potential for further GWP sets such as this year's 40334 Avengers Tower? Personally, I could easily see them following through with the same format that set had with miniaturized recreations of other MCU staples such as Avengers Compound, Tony's Malibu Mansion, the Triskelion, the Sanctum Sanctorum and a SHIELD Helicarrier, each coming with an exclusive figure. :shrug_oh_well:

I love this idea. It would be great for LEGO to consider

Anyone else want the Beauxbaton set from HP so they can have a pegasus for Valkyrie?

1 hour ago, legoSDR said:

Anyone else want the Beauxbaton set from HP so they can have a pegasus for Valkyrie?

Yes! I was hoping someone came up with that idea as well. Now if only we had her minifigure with the white suit she wears.

53 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Yes! I was hoping someone came up with that idea as well. Now if only we had her minifigure with the white suit she wears.

we can always dream of the day we get an MCU CMF

On 5/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, legoSDR said:

I love this idea. It would be great for LEGO to consider

In a way, they're kinda like miniaturized/scaled-down D2C sets! :shrug_oh_well:

Say, another approach such a GWP trend could follow taking after the Architecture theme could be in the form of "Cityscape/Skyline" builds rather than just MCU landmarks. For instance, how about "Cityscape" builds based upon the MCU's iterations of Asgard and Wakanda, but instead in a "cluster" format rather than a lineup, sorta like Jeff Friesen's microscale cityscape creations? :blush:

Sooooo the Spider-Man pack has had a high quality pic leaked... The suit looks like its the blue and red :sceptic:

I'm really happy that the FFH pack is real. Not crazy about the new look for these packs but that's whatever. Spidey looks to be blue and red with a lot of black printing added, I'm very happy with how Ned turned out Maria Hill looks fine. Very excited to get this when it comes out.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:20 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

In a way, they're kinda like miniaturized/scaled-down D2C sets! :shrug_oh_well:

Say, another approach such a GWP trend could follow taking after the Architecture theme could be in the form of "Cityscape/Skyline" builds rather than just MCU landmarks. For instance, how about "Cityscape" builds based upon the MCU's iterations of Asgard and Wakanda, but instead in a "cluster" format rather than a lineup, sorta like Jeff Friesen's microscale cityscape creations? :blush:

this would be incredible! 

There's a rumour going around that Deadpool might be introduced to the MCU in the Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel.

It's just a rumour, and I'm sure Marvel are looking at lots of different ideas for introducing the X-Men / F4 characters, but it gives me hope that we might get a new Deadpool minifig sooner rather than later. If Deadpool can appear in a PG-13 movie with Spidey (hopefully in addition to an R-rated Deadpool 3), it means that Lego's avoidance of the Merc with a Mouth might soon be over.