Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

Kevin Feige recently said in an interview that the characters who "died" in Avengers: Infinity War would not be featured in the marketing for Avengers 4. Does this mean that those characters will not be featured in the Avengers 4 sets (the first wave at least) or does this statement not apply to toys?

58 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

Kevin Feige recently said in an interview that the characters who "died" in Avengers: Infinity War would not be featured in the marketing for Avengers 4. Does this mean that those characters will not be featured in the Avengers 4 sets (the first wave at least) or does this statement not apply to toys?

This is morelikely to happen, coz the film won't be focusing on them. Probably just the 3rd act and once the snappening undone. 1-2 sets as the safe bet that those characters will be released. 

So there's alot of chance to get updated Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Antman, Nebula also Thanos. Variantfrom Captain Marvel and sure we do get another Ironman (marketing duh?) Pepper Potts in Rescue armor and alot of characters that we didn't get in Infinity War. 

Which characters could use the new leg pieces introduced with the Harry Potter CMFs?

Tom Holland Spiderman? Or is it too late for that? 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Which characters could use the new leg pieces introduced with the Harry Potter CMFs?

Considering how Tom Holland isn't that different in height to Robert D. I wouldn't think so, he'll also look too kiddish IMO

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Nah. Won't work.

On 6/27/2018 at 12:37 PM, Rookie875 said:

My guess (based on zero insider information) is that we'll have a pre-movie wave and a post-movie wave of sets. The first will focus on the characters who appear in the marketing, and the second will contain characters whose presence in the movie would be a spoiler.

^^ It's a possibility but alot of those characters had their figs in Infinity War wave, and I don't think they will be getting an upgrade coz they're basically dead. So I really think they will just focus on those core Avengers plus new characters that they will introduce. 

If we ever see Vision appear in another set in the near future (presumably for non-MCU based one), I could kinda see his next minifigure iteration being done in the newly reintroduced Dark Turquoise instead of Sand Green once again. For instance, just look at the shade of color for his suit in the TV show Avengers Assemble:

main-qimg-a993b5b5654cabca8611926f17751f

16 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

A lot of 2019 sets are being revealed and I’m guessing will be shown at SDCC. Does anyone think a marvel set will be revealed soon? I’m thinking mighty micros?

Oh yeah, aren't Mighty Micros usually revealed at SDCC? If the theme continues this year I hope we get some characters we've never gotten before (like Doomsday) or someone hard to get (like Bizarro, Scarlet Spidey, Sandman, etc.)

I dont think there will be any Marvel reveal at the SDCC.

Marvel is sitting out the Comic Con as a whole, so I dont think any Marvel merch will be revealed there. Maybe... maybe the micros but that's it. 

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I dont think there will be any Marvel reveal at the SDCC.

Marvel is sitting out the Comic Con as a whole, so I dont think any Marvel merch will be revealed there. Maybe... maybe the micros but that's it. 

I would only expect micros if that line is continuing.

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

That's the safest bet, Mighty micros. 

Other than that, nope. They're not there for a reason. Probably a logo confirmation for Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 (without revealing the title)

Just like what we got last year (BP and IW) logos only. But it's unlikely happening.

SPOILER REGARDING ANT-MAN AND THE WASP 

Since Wasp was killed by the snap, I wonder if we will ever get an updated Wasp figure, even if she appears in Avengers 4. I sure "Hope" we do, since she was instantly one of my favorite Superheroes and the last figure was absolute bs.

3 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

SPOILER REGARDING ANT-MAN AND THE WASP 

The new helmet that was introduced in DC (firefly) is perfect as a new helmet for Wasp minifigure, mold is accurate and it seems that it's been made for Wasp. But Kevin Feige said, they won't include "dead" characters in merchandizing, so it's a 50/50 chance. 

By the way, you should fix your post and use the spoiler tags. 

22 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

Range Trooper you truly suck. 

This. Use spoiler tags so it’s hidden. Thanks for ruining things for people.

16 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:
Spoiler

The new helmet that was introduced in DC (firefly) is perfect as a new helmet for Wasp minifigure, mold is accurate and it seems that it's been made for Wasp. But Kevin Feige said, they won't include "dead" characters in merchandizing, so it's a 50/50 chance. 

By the way, you should fix your post and use the spoiler tags. 

You might want to put your reply under spoiler tags too, it gives it away.

5 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

I don't even know how to do a spoiler tag

Go in the bar above the text, where you see the bold and italics buttons, etc. Over to the right there's a picture of an eye. Click that to bring up a spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

Like this.

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

Those of you who are thinking the sticker in the Sanctum Sanctorum is teasing a Daredevil figure next year might be interested in this post from the Ninjago 2018 thread.

17 hours ago, legozebra said:

Episode 92 is out and has given us our first look at a potential new minifigure for next year:

Hide contents

a true form of an Oni, who I’m guessing will be the villains next wave (remake rumors aside). It uses the Fawn legs to good effect, as well as what looks to be a new longer horn element with bar receptacles to put in longer horns/different pieces.

Potential 2019 Ninjago Oni figurePotential 2019 Ninjago Oni figurePotential 2019 Ninjago Oni figure

Personally, I get what they were going for with the Garmadon aesthetic (as Garmadon’s dark form is his Oni side), but I’m not too impressed with the design - hopefully we will see more intricate and detailed Oni designs if they are released as villains.

Maybe the horns stick out a bit too much, but it could be an earlier draft of a new piece or a flourish for the animation. It's curious, at least.

17 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Those of you who are thinking the sticker in the Sanctum Sanctorum is teasing a Daredevil figure next year might be interested in this post from the Ninjago 2018 thread.

Maybe the horns stick out a bit too much, but it could be an earlier draft of a new piece or a flourish for the animation. It's curious, at least.

That certainly is a very interesting piece indeed. After seeing the new set I am slightly hopeful that we are finally getting a DD figure. Honestly I'd even be happy if we got one with regularly printed on horns given that his design from Marvel Superheroes 1 looked good enough for me. Utilizing the new Black Panther piece for horns could potentially be even better. Like you say the horns on this new piece might be slightly too big for DD but there is certainly potential.

Now that the FF and X-men rights in almost all likelihood will go back to Marvel given the purchase of Fox, I am wondering when we might see one of these long overdue characters in Lego form. Previously Marvel did not license as much merchandise for these properties given that part of the profits went to Fox. Once the deal closes (first half of 2019, according to several reports), this should not prevent that possibility anymore. Realistically, though, since Marvel sets are so focused on the MCU, we might have to wait for one of these characters to pop up on the big screen, which might make us wait to 2021. I am just waiting for the moment in which I can have all FF and main X-men minifigures!