Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

45 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m still curious if we are actually getting a infinity war exclusive set. I think there is a chance people assumed antman and the wasp set was an infinity war exclusive because they thought antman and the wasp would be a normal retail sets not retail exclusives. Also if this set is 30-40 dollars, it’s not going to include thanos. Lego is smart and wouldn’t include what is most likely the most desirable figure of this wave in a cheaper set then what is already on the market. Also if this is coming , it could include characters we haven’t gotten yet but it most likely includes some sort of spoilery character. Look at what they did with the civil war set. They included some of the missing characters but they had Spider-Man who was a spoilery character even though marvel revealed him in the trailer

Not saying you're wrong but a Thanos would fit in a set with a similar piece count to the Quicksilver set from AoU, which had the hulk. Also they'd just have to not give him the Infinity Gauntlet or any Infinity Stones, that way you'd still have to get the more expensive set to complete it. LEGO don't really concern themselves with reselling when it comes to producing/pricing sets, so they won't factor in the fact that people will just buy the Gauntlet/Stones from eBay/BrickLink etc. if they release another Thanos. Instead they concern themselves with what's exclusive and will promote people to buy. So it could be possible, if incredibly unlikely.

You could argue that there would be no point in making a second Thanos, because if they were going to go through the trouble of of designing a new one why not just release that straight away. But the counter to that augment is Star Lord. They redesigned a Chris Pratt head for JWTFK sets, but didn't use it for Infinity War, even though it would have been really easy (and super accurate) to use that head. But instead they're releasing it less than 2 months later. If they can do it with Chris Pratt's face, why not with Thanos? Again I don't think a second Thanos (especially redesigned) is too likely, but never say never

You could be right about the fact that we've all misunderstood there being a 7th set though. It's totally possible we've assumed the Ant-man set/sets were what was rumoured. 6 Stones = 6 sets. Makes sense and is just rounded and even... But a 7th set to complete the most wanted characters and to solve the Thanos issue would be very welcome

Edited by legoSDR

9 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Not saying you're wrong but a Thanos would fit in a set with a similar piece count to the Quicksilver set from AoU, which had the hulk. Also they'd just have to not give him the Infinity Gauntlet or any Infinity Stones, that way you'd still have to get the more expensive set to complete it. LEGO don't really concern themselves with reselling when it comes to producing/pricing sets, so they won't factor in the fact that people will just buy the Gauntlet/Stones from eBay/BrickLink etc. if they release another Thanos. Instead they concern themselves with what's exclusive and will promote people to buy. So it could be possible, if incredibly unlikely.

You could argue that there would be no point in making a second Thanos, because if they were going to go through the trouble of of designing a new one why not just release that straight away. But the counter to that augment is Star Lord. They redesigned a Chris Pratt head for JWTFK sets, but didn't use it for Infinity War, even though it would have been really easy (and super accurate) to use that head. But instead they're releasing it less than 2 months later. If they can do it with Chris Pratt's face, why not with Thanos? Again I don't think a second Thanos (especially redesigned) is too likely, but never say never

While it is possible, I just can’t see from a business view of Lego releasing a new mold for thanos is anything smaller than a 80$ set. Different between the Chris Pratt and thanos is that a new face print for Lego costs next to nothing, while a new mold for a big fig costs a lot of money...I think several thousand dollars. Because of that I could see us potentially getting thanos without a ganulet but that would be a little strange to get a reused thanos without the glove

Edited by Falconfan1414

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

While it is possible, I just can’t see from a business view of Lego releasing a new mold for thanos is anything smaller than a 80$ set. Different between the Chris Pratt and thanos is that a new face print for Lego costs next to nothing, while a new mold for a big fig costs a lot of money...I think several thousand dollars 

That's true, it is expensive to make a mould. But a big fig mould is simple (simpler = cheaper for them) and also they'd only theoretically have to use it for one set (maybe 2 or 3 if they do a bald Thanos for the Avengers 4 sets) which means it's also cheaper because they don't need to  make the mould as durable. You'd probably be looking at a 20k mould, which sounds a lot, but considering it costs them over 100k to produce a mould for a chain, which is a common piece, it's not that much. I think I'm just a wishful thinker. But if they can make a new mould for a Killer Croc that appeared in one DC Comics set that didn't even sell very well, I don't see why they can't do it with the main villain in one of the highest profile movies that they've licensed. Literally all they'd have to do is get the hulk's mould and don't put hair on it (and smooth the head). Easy

BTW my knowledge of mould prices is definitely outdated, they do a lot of outsourcing these days so it could be a lot less

Edited by legoSDR

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

While it is possible, I just can’t see from a business view of Lego releasing a new mold for thanos is anything smaller than a 80$ set. Different between the Chris Pratt and thanos is that a new face print for Lego costs next to nothing, while a new mold for a big fig costs a lot of money...I think several thousand dollars. Because of that I could see us potentially getting thanos without a ganulet but that would be a little strange to get a reused thanos without the glove

If we do get a new Thanos I can almost guarantee I wouldn’t come with the infinity gauntlet, or at least without the stones. This is because it would kind of defeat the point of the 6 sets we have now where people dedicate a lot of money for all 6 stones when we might get them for a fraction of the price.

2 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

If we do get a new Thanos I can almost guarantee I wouldn’t come with the infinity gauntlet, or at least without the stones. This is because it would kind of defeat the point of the 6 sets we have now where people dedicate a lot of money for all 6 stones when we might get them for a fraction of the price.

I think y'all are crazy if you guys think it's going to be anyone but Hulk. 

49 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

I have zero insider info but agree completely. If the Thanos we got was based on outdated concept art, I doubt another couple of months would have made a difference. Plus, there’s no way a series of Avengers movie sets will omit Hulk. 

The next Avengers movie is just a year away. We’ll get an updated Thanos then. 

2 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

i said the same a while back, Lego cant miss an opportunity to reuse the hulk mold, plus kids love Hulk

13 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

As much as I hate to say so, I really don't think Thanos will happen. You're right, it will most likely be Hulk

So earlier this week it was announced that Marvel will be putting out a new Fantastic Four comic series this August. Maybe it’s possible that we get some sets somewhere down the line. 

21 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

So earlier this week it was announced that Marvel will be putting out a new Fantastic Four comic series this August. Maybe it’s possible that we get some sets somewhere down the line. 

I wish dude. I wish.

With the reveal of the marvel 10 year poster, I have a new prediction based off it. 

A set that takes places in wankanda and includes captain America, new Bucky with duel molded legs, war machine with arm printing, Wong, and some outriders/ maybe black order members 

14 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

With the reveal of the marvel 10 year poster, I have a new prediction based off it. 

A set that takes places in wankanda and includes captain America, new Bucky with duel molded legs, war machine with arm printing, Wong, and some outriders/ maybe black order members 

Keeping my fingers crossed for something like this

On 12/04/2018 at 9:39 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

I may be wrong but so far out of the promotional material of infinity there is no indication whatsoever that Wong is in Wakanda and all the footage we have seen so far of Wong is in New York so I find it very unlikely that Wong would be in that.

For the set you talk about it should be the Wakandan transport and I we could possibly get T’chalLa in royal robes and also M’Baku and if Nebula is in the scene it would be amazing to get her as well as the trailer footage kind of suggests that Okoye is fighting her.

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

I may be wrong but so far out of the promotional material of infinity there is no indication whatsoever that Wong is in Wakanda and all the footage we have seen so far of Wong is in New York so I find it very unlikely that Wong would be in that.

For the set you talk about it should be the Wakandan transport and I we could possibly get T’chalLa in royal robes and also M’Baku and if Nebula is in the scene it would be amazing to get her as well as the trailer footage kind of suggests that Okoye is fighting her.

See the reason Wong would show up in the set is because of the poster. Every chapter we have gotten on the poster has an exact minifigure that has already been produced expect for Wong, War Machine, and winter solider so if there is a set there is a very very high chance those 3 will appear. Lego is also known not to make the most accurate sets in the world. Also same thing about nebula she doesn’t seem to be in wakanda either

I really can't tell how War Machine is different from his last iteration. I guess I also don't care enough to investigate.

13 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I really can't tell how War Machine is different from his last iteration. I guess I also don't care enough to investigate.

Arm printing, may or may not have new torso print (unclear), different cannon thing, may or may not be gunmetal grey instead of black (unclear)

14 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Arm printing, may or may not have new torso print (unclear), different cannon thing, may or may not be gunmetal grey instead of black (unclear)

He looks like a mostly Black figure to me, but a Gunmetal Grey one would certainly be much more accurate. 

Massive potential Infinity War spoilers. Do not read unless you want what could possibly be a major part of Infinity War revealed.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Quicksilver is allegedly in the movie. Apparently there are pictures confirming this (although I could not find them), and he has also reportedly been sighted on the set of Avengers 4. Could the upcoming spoilerific set include Quicksilver in it? 

Last chance.

51 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Massive potential Infinity War spoilers. Do not read unless you want what could possibly be a major part of Infinity War revealed.

Well...

Spoiler

From what I've read and seen from set pictures, isn't Avengers 4 supposed to be a time travel story of sorts?

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well...

Reveal hidden contents

From what I've read and seen from set pictures, isn't Avengers 4 supposed to be a time travel story of sorts?

Spoiler

Yeah but I've heard that quicksilver has been seen in avengers 3

On 4/16/2018 at 7:57 AM, ood0 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah but I've heard that quicksilver has been seen in avengers 3

On 4/15/2018 at 11:29 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well...

Reveal hidden contents

as for Avengers 3

Spoiler

I think the pictures referred to are screenshots from TV spots where there seems to be some blue energy rushing across the Wakandan battlefield. Some people think it's Quicksilver, but it's mostly just one of the Wakandan weapons we saw in Black Panther.

HOWEVER in the Infinity War prelude comic Scarlet Witch does say something along the lines of meeting an "old friend." This probably most likely a reference to Cap and co. who are fighting crime in secret, but I suppose there's a tiny chance it could hint at Quicksilver

10 hours ago, legoSDR said:

as for Avengers 3

Reveal hidden contents

I think the pictures referred to are screenshots from TV spots where there seems to be some blue energy rushing across the Wakandan battlefield. Some people think it's Quicksilver, but it's mostly just one of the Wakandan weapons we saw in Black Panther.

HOWEVER in the Infinity War prelude comic Scarlet Witch does say something along the lines of meeting an "old friend." This probably most likely a reference to Cap and co. who are fighting crime in secret, but I suppose there's a tiny chance it could hint at Quicksilver

Spoiler

I found pictures of quicksilver. I don't know if they're fake.

https://imgur.com/a/kH6dCY2