Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

7 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I wished lego treated the marvel line the same as the star wars or lord of the rings line, where as even after a film is out, we would still get sets from it.

Imagine getting now sets that are based on the first avengers, or on the first Iron Man.

The Marvel/DC Super Heroes themes are pretty broad in their scope, so sets based off of prior movies really aren't out of the question, it's just that Lego already has enough sets to base upon upcoming movies anyway.

If Lego were branding each line of sets based upon a single  currently relevant MCU entry under that movie's name (that is, as a theme in as of itself), I'd think there would then be less of a possibility for sets based upon past films.

3 hours ago, BasiliskSoldier said:

Disney now controls even more of the film industry, leading us closer and closer towards a corporate monopoly of the Films Industry! Such a great future ahead of us!

Uh, monopolies aren't really a good thing in the broader scope of things, so I really wouldn't wish for such a thing to happen solely for the sake of having Lego within reach of more licensed properties.

Unless you are being sarcastic, if so, apologies for not perceiving that on my part. :innocent:

On 12/23/2017 at 9:23 AM, SpiderJazz said:

It's a possibility, those are called "exclusive" like the Tanker Truck Take Down. 

As far as I know we don't have a concrete information yet about 7th set, (retail exclusive) but we do have info that there will be a D2C set and it's confirmed.

I assume D2C means direct to consumer set...thanks for the reply I do hope that there are more so we can get the other characters that’s missing in these sets! I was so bummed when I didn’t see scarlet witch in any of them.

Was hoping to see a set based on the black orders attack on vision and scarlet witch in Scotland, it could be called “the black order attack”

Edited by BusterNut31

21 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I assume D2C means direct to consumer set...thanks for the reply I do hope that there are more so we can get the other characters that’s missing in these sets! I was so bummed when I didn’t see scarlet witch in any of them.

Was hoping to see a set based on the black orders attack on vision and scarlet witch in Scotland, it could be called “the black order attack”

76103 (39.99€)

Spoiler

"Defend the Wakanda Wall from Corvus Glaive and his thresher! Shoot at the threshing machine of double shooters and a disk shooter. Quickly open the gate so that the Black Panther can enter the battle. But do not forget to close them immediately, so that the enemies do not break in. Help Shuri to remove the stone of infinity controlling the mind from the head of Vision. Can you do this before the thresher crushes the wall and destroys the diagnostic setup?"

Closest that we can get. 

And yes, D2C means Direct to consumer.

14 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Me too! She’s my favorite Avenger and I hope she just wasn’t mentioned in the set descriptions and comes in one or that she’s in the D2C set! 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Me too! She’s my favorite Avenger and I hope she just wasn’t mentioned in the set descriptions and comes in one or that she’s in the D2C set! 

Oh yeah. With the film focusing in on the Vision/Wanda romance, she’s be too notable a character to be overlooked. The minifigures in the wave seem to be sparsely placed, in sure there are a few we don’t know about. We haven’t even seen all of the minifigures that have been confirmed so far.

16 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Oh yeah. With the film focusing in on the Vision/Wanda romance, she’s be too notable a character to be overlooked. The minifigures in the wave seem to be sparsely placed, in sure there are a few we don’t know about. We haven’t even seen all of the minifigures that have been confirmed so far.

Thanks guys for the responses! It’s like a warm comforting blanket on this Christmas Day! Happy Holidays!

Just wondering if anyone knows: did the sources specify the D2C set being specifically a Infinity War related set, or was that just assumed because of the timing?

Just now, grimmfreak said:

Just wondering if anyone knows: did the sources specify the D2C set being specifically a Infinity War related set, or was that just assumed because of the timing?

As far as I know it is counted an Infinity War set, twas mentioned by J2G in his videos and some peeps also confirmed here in EB.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

As far as I know it is counted an Infinity War set, twas mentioned by J2G in his videos and some peeps also confirmed here in EB.

Okay, I was hoping it might be the x-mansion, I know it would have been a long shot but it is my dream set... In the case of an Infinity War set my guess is it's a vehicle of some kind, most likely the Milano. Oh well, maybe after Disney finishes buying fox I'll get my wish

1 minute ago, grimmfreak said:

Okay, I was hoping it might be the x-mansion, I know it would have been a long shot but it is my dream set... In the case of an Infinity War set my guess is it's a vehicle of some kind, most likely the Milano. Oh well, maybe after Disney finishes buying fox I'll get my wish

As you've mentioned right now, it's impossible to get xmen related sets because the deal just got finished. So it's not going to happen. 

It’s also unlike Lego to release a licensed D2C that shares no common ground with any existing themes or isn’t hot property right now. They snuck under the radar with the Mighty Micros set, and it’s been years since the last X-Men sets.

So Ant-Man and The Wasp's trailer dropped and we can see the Ghost in there. I hope, if they do one set like last time, we get minifigures of Ant-Man, the Wap and Ghost

54 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

So Ant-Man and The Wasp's trailer dropped and we can see the Ghost in there. I hope, if they do one set like last time, we get minifigures of Ant-Man, the Wap and Ghost

Hmmm - what wings would the Wasp utilize?  Certainly not the rounded wings right?  Maybe a new mold?  Maybe no wings?!  Definitely looking forward to a Ghost figure though!

Just now, Dadster said:

Hmmm - what wings would the Wasp utilize?  Certainly not the rounded wings right?  Maybe a new mold?  Maybe no wings?!  Definitely looking forward to a Ghost figure though!

I think, if we get her, she'll definitely have wings. Killer Moth and Blue Beetle have wings that could potentially fit, but maybe it'll be a new mold

1 hour ago, Dadster said:

They'd probably do something like the Parademon wings for her.

24 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

My guess is if they do make ant man and the wasp sets, they will use the killer moth wings. The parademon wings might be too big for wasp

Not from what I saw in the trailer. They were as long as her body.

On the subject of the trailer, I expect that if there is a set, it will include that weird sub-atomic submarine thing from the trailer.

gallery-1517324915-ant-man-and-the-wasp-submarine-tardigrades.jpg

I wouldn't mind a set featuring the chase scene where they shrink the truck and then return to size under the other vehicle. I could imagine both a regular size truck and a mini version. You could add a play feature that could flip the other vehicle. Anyway, one idea just from the tailor...Also, have to say this, love the whole attack of the giant pez dispenser scene!

2 hours ago, grimmfreak said:

I wouldn't mind a set featuring the chase scene where they shrink the truck and then return to size under the other vehicle. I could imagine both a regular size truck and a mini version. You could add a play feature that could flip the other vehicle. Anyway, one idea just from the tailor...Also, have to say this, love the whole attack of the giant pez dispenser scene!

If there's only one set, would they really choose a generic vehicle over a subatomic submarine though? Assuming how the sub will probably appear more and be more important to the story, I'd guess that they'd make a set out of it. Ideally, they'd pull a "Spider-Man Homecoming" and make both, the sub featuring Janet, Ant-Man and the Wasp and the van featuring Hank, Ghost, Ant-Man and the Wasp. I doubt they will though.

These are my set predictions:

Misc: Will cost £20. Build will probably be the sub-atomic submarine; It's a unique looking vehicle, and will likely play a large part in the movie. 

Ghost: Printed torso and head. Will use Jedi robe hood in grey.

Ant-man: Either a repeat, or almost identical to, the one in the Ant-Man vs Yellowjacket set.

Wasp: Ant-man's helmet, but the red is replaced with yellow. Printed head, torso and legs. Wings of some form. Ideally would include a smaller version like Ant-Man in the airport battle set, but I doubt it.

All in all, I predict that the set will probably end up disappointing people as they probably won't make any new molds, even though they are clearly needed.

If we do end up getting sets and at this point its still a big if, I could see us getting two sets.

Set 1: Quantum Realm Rescue: 20$ The sub from the trailer, minifigures include antman, wasp, and Janet van Dyne

Set 2: Shrinking truck takedown: 50-60$ includes: Antman, Wasp, civilian hank pym, ghost, and Bill foster. Set includes a motercycle for ghost, the "antman van" another van with bill foster driving, it could also include a mini antman van and a large hello kitty pez dispenser. 

But at this point Im not entirely sure we are getting any antman and the wasp sets but we will wait and see 

I'd love a set based on the Quantum Realm sub, but I honestly only see us getting 1 set based on the street chase. $50 for Ant-Man, Wasp, Hank Pym, Ghost, Giant-Man, a motorcycle, the Pym's van and a street corner would be good enough for me.