Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

Just now, Lego Petman said:

I think Punisher is a major character and i hope he will be represented as a minifigure in any set.By the way the serial on Netflix is a good one.

Thing here is, Netflix shows tends to be brutal/ not children friendly, when lego targets childs in their toys. So there's that.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Thing here is, Netflix shows tends to be brutal/ not children friendly, when lego targets childs in their toys. So there's that.

Good point.I hope new characters will appear anyway. 

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

According to this article, the burgeoning Fox/Disney acquisition deal will not automatically mean that Disney will also be acquiring rights to the Fantastic Four. 

Screen Rant - Disney's Fox Acquisition Could Leave The Fantastic Four Behind

If Marvel wanted they could easily make an offer to Constantin Films - who are a fairly small film company with a majority of movies performing poorly.

Regardless, it's still a while away and Lego does seemingly have a level of license over doing X-Men sets thanks to the Mighty Micro - so it seems more likely that they will get sets before Fantastic Four does.

Though admittedly Lego's newer pieces would work especially well with the Fantastic Four

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

According to this article, the burgeoning Fox/Disney acquisition deal will not automatically mean that Disney will also be acquiring rights to the Fantastic Four. 

Screen Rant - Disney's Fox Acquisition Could Leave The Fantastic Four Behind

Also (and I'm not entertainment lawyer), I think the bigger concern was that profits from any FF merchandise that was sold would have to be split between Marvel/Disney and Fox, as the distributor. Even if Constantin retains their FF movie option, I don't think that impacts merchandising proceeds. 

Well Disney officially acquired fox studios! The deal also states they get the rights to x men and fantastic four. It won’t be for a while but some where down the road hopefully we get sets based off these francises now that Disney owns them

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well Disney officially acquired fox studios! The deal also states they get the rights to x men and fantastic four. It won’t be for a while butsome where down the road hopefully we get sets based off these francises now that Disney owns them

Dayum right, it will be a great future ahead. Imagine movie based figures and I'm sure MCU will kill it! Can't wait for the first official fantastic four set. 

I hope this acquisition means that we can get a massive brick-built Galactus in the future, that's something like 2 times bigger than Giant Man.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It looks like the Fantastic Four joining the MCU won't be such a problem after all.

Screen Rant - Disney/Fox Deal Includes The Fantastic Four After All

I’m very excited to see the fantastic four in Lego. Hopefully we get two versions of each memeber. A translucent human tourch and Invisable women and a mr fantastic with a regular tourso and the ms marvel tourso with the stretchy arms. It will probably be 2-3 years before we see a comic book set but I have a feeling we will see a winter or summer wave with fantastic four and X-men sets 

On 14/12/2017 at 2:08 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Well Disney officially acquired fox studios! The deal also states they get the rights to x men and fantastic four. It won’t be for a while but some where down the road hopefully we get sets based off these francises now that Disney owns them

I really hope we get the Baxter Building. I'd love that as a LEGO set.

22 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m very excited to see the fantastic four in Lego. Hopefully we get two versions of each memeber. A translucent human tourch and Invisable women and a mr fantastic with a regular tourso and the ms marvel tourso with the stretchy arms. It will probably be 2-3 years before we see a comic book set but I have a feeling we will see a winter or summer wave with fantastic four and X-men sets 

I'd love that, but that seems really, really optimistic. Lego needs much longer than 6-7 months to design a licensed set, get it approved by the licensors, and produce it at the volume they need to support retailers across the globe. Plus, I don't think there's currently any kid-friendly FF or X-men TV shows or movies to help drum up interest. Those characters aren't even in the most recent Lego Avengers game. We're probably at least a year and a half out from any significant FF or X-Men sets.

I was wondering, in the Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 video game there is an excellent new design of Daredevil using the new Black Panther headpiece for horns, what do you guys reckon the odds are on us getting that figure later this year? Maybe together with a Kingpin big-fig?

On 7/20/2017 at 3:57 AM, saysonder said:

Seeing Donald's headpiece reused gives me hope we could one day have a Howard the Duck fig. Ideally, since the MCU is getting so vast and surely newer fans of Lego will be disappointed they can no longer buy sets based off of the older films, maybe Lego could start releasing sets based on past movies. 

I bring this up because the possibility of a Howard the Duck could give us a Collector's museum set based of the first GOTG. They could reuse the new Krypto mold for Cosmo's body, throw in a Collector fit to appease people who want him, Howard, and whoever else seems fit. 

Another idea I had was Midtown Science High School for Homecoming with some mild spoilers. Make it similar to one of the Friends school sets with an open backside. It could include Peter, Spider-Man, Ned, Liz, Michelle, Flash and The Shocker. The inside could include a gym with a TV that has an image of Cap on it, a science lab with Peter's beaker of web, a Death Star printed on a grey head if they wanna be really meta, lifting lockers that reveal another canister of web, and a computer room for Ned. Maybe included a school bus to throw at Spidey too. 

And with this, we could receive sets and figures that ARENT based off of concept art for films such as The Avengers or Iron Man 3. They could even correct figures who look a little bit off.. Olive Green Avengers Hulk, Quicksilver with TLNM Lloyd hair, etc

Who knows, maybe we'd get an Iron Man vs the Iron Monger Arc Reactor Explosion set from the first IM or some Winter Soldier sets? The possibilities are endless!

I’ve thought about that idea a lot actually, and I think it would be great. Your Collector’s Museum idea would be amazing, but I had another idea: a UCS Chitauri Leviathan from the first Avengers movie. We could get a really nice build of that thing from the movie and it could include updated, more modern versions of the Avengers, like the olive green Hulk you mentioned, plus Iron Man with arm printing, Captain America with dual-molded legs and maybe even a new helmet mold, etc. This idea is golden. 

In the YouTube videos of the brick show and just2good they mentioned the lack of other characters but that there was a rumor that two more sets based on infinity war would be released later in the year. Like when they released the Spider-Man set for civil war (for spoiler reasons)

Has anybody else heard of this?

P.S I know we are getting two sets based on Antman and the wasp so it’s not those sets. They said it was sets based on Avengers infinity war

Just now, BusterNut31 said:

In the YouTube videos of the brick show and just2good they mentioned the lack of other characters but that there was a rumor that two more sets based on infinity war would be released later in the year. Like when they released the Spider-Man set for civil war (for spoiler reasons)

Has anybody else heard of this?

P.S I know we are getting two sets based on Antman and the wasp so it’s not those sets. They said it was sets based on Avengers infinity war

It's a possibility, those are called "exclusive" like the Tanker Truck Take Down. 

As far as I know we don't have a concrete information yet about 7th set, (retail exclusive) but we do have info that there will be a D2C set and it's confirmed.

I wished lego treated the marvel line the same as the star wars or lord of the rings line, where as even after a film is out, we would still get sets from it.

Imagine getting now sets that are based on the first avengers, or on the first Iron Man.

23 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

I wished lego treated the marvel line the same as the star wars or lord of the rings line, where as even after a film is out, we would still get sets from it.

Imagine getting now sets that are based on the first avengers, or on the first Iron Man.

Basing sets on those Phase 1 installments are tricky; at the time of film release, Mega Blocks owned the production rights to those toys. 

37 minutes ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Maybe if that happened we could finally get Winter Soldier sets. Or they could make another Ragnarok set with Korg and Miek. 

On 12/14/2017 at 9:22 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Dayum right, it will be a great future ahead. Imagine movie based figures and I'm sure MCU will kill it! Can't wait for the first official fantastic four set. 

Disney now controls even more of the film industry, leading us closer and closer towards a corporate monopoly of the Films Industry! Such a great future ahead of us!

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I'm hoping we get something special in celebrating 10 years of Marvel Cinematic Universe ( am I right? lolz )

Lego our special minifigures and put a special stamp on some 2009 sets to commemorate 10 years of Lego Star Wars. Maybe you aren’t that far off!

Getting a minifigure like MK 1 / Captain America stealth suit / Thor : The Dark World Thor with molded helmet.

Oh my gosh, absolutely insane.