Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

They all look really lackluster to me expect for maybe that Hulkbuster head, but the build for that will probably be meh. After getting 'spoiled' with so many highly detailed figures in the last year (CMF, Batman Movie, TLNM, etc) this always feel like such a letdown. At first I didn't really care for arm printing or dual molded legs, but at least some printing on legs would be great.. I have a random knockoff figure here from aliexpress for €0.73 which has printing all over the place. I understand that Lego had to put money in development, license and other stuff, but is it too much to ask to give us some better quality figures for the Marvel line? Leg printing and in some rare cases maybe some arm printing. 

We are only 3/4 figures in and I had high hopes, but it looks like the figs will have the same problems as always: lack of (good/more) printing. That should be the least you should expect for the biggest Marvel movie ever. 

Edited by Kevii23

53 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

They all look really lackluster to me expect for maybe that Hulkbuster head, but the build for that will probably be meh. After getting 'spoiled' with so many highly detailed figures in the last year (CMF, Batman Movie, TLNM, etc) this always feel like such a letdown. At first I didn't really care for arm printing or dual molded legs, but at least some printing on legs would be great.. I have a random knockoff figure here from aliexpress for €0.73 which has printing all over the place. I understand that Lego had to put money in development, license and other stuff, but is it too much to ask to give us some better quality figures for the Marvel line? Leg printing and in some rare cases maybe some arm printing. 

We are only 3/4 figures in and I had high hopes, but it looks like the figs will have the same problems as always: lack of (good/more) printing. That should be the least you should expect for the biggest Marvel movie ever. 

I think the printing on all the figures we’ve seen are pretty good. The designs are amazing and the Outrider is the only one in need of leg printing to me. I’m sure the builds will be great, and even if everyone else doesn’t like them I probably will (for example, I loved the HYDRA fortress set from AoU even though most people didn’t). At least Iron Man has new leg printing!

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think the printing on all the figures we’ve seen are pretty good. The designs are amazing and the Outrider is the only one in need of leg printing to me. I’m sure the builds will be great, and even if everyone else doesn’t like them I probably will (for example, I loved the HYDRA fortress set from AoU even though most people didn’t). At least Iron Man has new leg printing!

It's not new it's the same as Mk 43 legs. Yeap Lego cuts corners again!

This anti-leg-printing campaign from Lego is really killing all hype I have for these sets. Let's go back to comic sets now. Super disappointed. These sets must have a huge budget and they can't do better than this? Consistent leg printing cannot be that difficult for them. I don't get it. I just don't. 

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Are they? The leg printing lines up absolutely perfectly with the torso, so I think it’s new and not the same. 

Edit: Just checked the full image of the figure with the mask up, and they are the same legs as before. While it’s extremely annoying to be getting the Mark 43 legs on a figure that isn’t the Mark 43 yet again, they’re better than no printed legs at all. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

The lack of printing definitely kills my interest in collecting many of the superhero figures outside of the LBM. Star Wars is certainly more expensive to license but still includes leg printing most figures that benefit from it.

The implication i have been reading a lot of is the following;

• Lego are cutting costs, as noticed by several of the Ninjago bricks allowing light to pass through them, a sign of cheaper plastic
  • The lack of printing specific details is however linked primarily to Disney not providing finalized concept art for characters

Lego tend to receive concept art that does not fully show the character and may not be entirely accurate to the movie, as such they tend to only add the details they see and simply do not bother with other details that may not be seen. Proxima Midnight is a brilliant example of this, as she sports a golden arm which is not on the finalized movie statues demonstrated at Comic Con - but is instead featured on this concept art for the movie.
Proxima-Midnight.jpg

Luckily though for us, Proxima Midnight's movie colour scheme is black and white. This provides quite a lot of ways to easily customize the figure to be more accurate to the movie, though the only major downside will be the golden arm, which she may not have in the film - however it does make her look somewhat more like the comic version;
875de5fb9063f465e034afcc0c62809e--marvel

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Don’t love the new Iron Man, seems to be the same old helmet we’ve had for 3 years and the figure doesn’t have the sleek design and blue lights of the actual suit.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

You guys do realise that it is the Mark 43 right? Just with a chest piece missing? 

As for Outrider (which I called on the 2018 thread that people would call it up on lack of leg printing), is it really a major issue that the generic soldiers of Thanos' army don't have Silver Centurion level printing? Like I can get why everyone is annoyed at Proxima, but really? The Outriders aren't detailed enough? The complaining is really getting out of hand

34 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The lack of printing specific details is however linked primarily to Disney not providing finalized concept art for characters

This doesn’t explain the lack of printing in the comic based sets for DC. That has nothing to do with final renders and everything to do with cost. We all know what happened earlier in the year, and the switch from lots of printing back to minimal will surely be one of the results of that. 

5 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

You guys do realise that it is the Mark 43 right? Just with a chest piece missing? 

As for Outrider (which I called on the 2018 thread that people would call it up on lack of leg printing), is it really a major issue that the generic soldiers of Thanos' army don't have Silver Centurion level printing? Like I can get why everyone is annoyed at Proxima, but really? The Outriders aren't detailed enough? The complaining is really getting out of hand

I realized that after reading the 2018 thread’s comments. Interesting that the Mark 43 is returning, I wonder what set it’s found in, and why a piece is missing. I doubt the Hulkbuster set has it, since Iron Man doesn’t appear to be in Wakanda and we were told that Banner is piloting the Hulkbuster. I’m so glad that’s not the new suit, and I feel a bit stupid now. The Outrider complaints are a bit stupid. They would look nicer with leg printing but it isn’t necessary. Proxima Midnight looks perfectly fine with plain legs as well since the rest of her is so amazing. 

20 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

This doesn’t explain the lack of printing in the comic based sets for DC. That has nothing to do with final renders and everything to do with cost. We all know what happened earlier in the year, and the switch from lots of printing back to minimal will surely be one of the results of that. 

True, the other aspect is cost cutting methods, Lego have arguably peaked and have started to realize that. They aren't becoming less popular, but the target audience has been almost completely tapped meaning the best way to continue to increase profits is to find cheaper ways of providing the product - such as less details, different plastics, etc...

33 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

As for Outrider (which I called on the 2018 thread that people would call it up on lack of leg printing), is it really a major issue that the generic soldiers of Thanos' army don't have Silver Centurion level printing? -snip- The Outriders aren't detailed enough? The complaining is really getting out of hand

Let me stop you right there, nobody has mentioned Silver Centurion levels of printing. The default and justifiable expected level of printing for army builder figures based off the 2012 and 2015 sets is head, torso and legs. To not comment on when a lesser amount is received would be to ignore progress and pre-established improvements with Lego figures over the course of the last decade.
latest?cb=20120610103109latest?cb=20160206153123
These are supposed to be figures you want to army build - which is not something many want to do if the figure looks unfinished. 10 years ago people would have accepted a lack of printing easily enough, as it was the expected level of printing. Nowadays head, torso and legs or head, torso and arms is starting to be more expected, especially in licensed sets, because that is what we see more often. There is nothing wrong with wanting a figure to have printing, especially considering we've gotten higher levels of printing quality in prior sets from what will be six years ago and three years ago respectively.

It's not complaining, it's factual observations of the changing nature of Lego figures and people are not even emotionally invested in it as much as just acknowledging it has happened, it's more along the lines of 'oh that unfortunate, would have liked to see printed legs, hope the other figures are better'. As far as i can tell people have mentioned it once or twice and not even really focused on it. You seem to be the only one taking it personally that people aren't welcoming the Outrider's lack of printing with open arms - and i'm not entirely sure why given only a handful of people have commented briefly on it and none of whom have made any remarks that would remotely be considered "out of hand".

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

You seem to be the only one taking it personally that people aren't welcoming the Outrider's lack of printing with open arms - and i'm not entirely sure why given only a handful of people have commented briefly on it and none of whom have made any remarks that would remotely be considered "out of hand".

It goes further back than Outriders, everyone expects all figures to have leg printing nowadays

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I realized that after reading the 2018 thread’s comments. Interesting that the Mark 43 is returning, I wonder what set it’s found in, and why a piece is missing. I doubt the Hulkbuster set has it, since Iron Man doesn’t appear to be in Wakanda and we were told that Banner is piloting the Hulkbuster

It could be Bruce Banner using this suit inside the Hulkbuster... It could be too soon after the first Bruce figure to get another, normal causal figure

15 minutes ago, Megaflora said:

Dang, now that Spiderman is what I'm talking about. It even looks to have arm printing.

It’s speculated to be a fake- if you look closely, it’s exactly the same as the Homecoming suit with new detail overlaid. The spider logo continues uninterrupted through the torso and hips, increasing the likelhihood of photoshop at work. 

Proxima's face print is awesome! Cool that we are getting dual face print.

hopefully the Hulkbuster suit use mixels joins rather than the bigger ones, I'm excited to make another MOC and make it minifig scale.

Obsidian cull should be a big fig he's bigger than Thanos which it's okay if they go for another big fig or a new mold simillar to Killer Croc of TLBM...

8 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Anyone else think we might be able to get more X-Men or Fantastic 4 sets in the future due to the Disney/Fox deal?

If it actually goes through (and that's a big if), it certainly won't hurt the chances of that happening.

4 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

If it actually goes through (and that's a big if), it certainly won't hurt the chances of that happening.

Apparently the deal is either extremely close to being done or already done, and it could be announced as soon as next week. 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, NeutralNoodle said:

Anyone else think we might be able to get more X-Men or Fantastic 4 sets in the future due to the Disney/Fox deal?

Only everyone :classic: