Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

So, quick thoughts... mmh.

76101 - Space Stone
Six armed enemies are an alien race known as the Outriders, hopefully they get a new mould. Something similar to General Grievous would be nice. Seems like a cheap set, could be a good army builder for the outriders. Captain America should have a new face print and torso print if we are lucky, Black Widow should have new hair/hair colour.

76102 - Unknown Stone
Groot should be minifigure scale this time in theory. Thor should have a new face print and torso print. Other than that, not really interested in the set from the description.

76103 - Mind Stone
Bit of an odd set from the description. Black Panther and Shuri will probably be the same as in his recent sets,  interested to see if we get a Vision face print without a Mind Stone in his head. I expect Corvus is here to sell the set, as otherwise it's just figures probably unchanged from Black Panther.

76104 - No Stone Mentioned
The Hulkbuster Smash 2.0. Pretty much expecting the same here. Proxima Midnight is nice and the potential updates to the Hulkbuster are interesting to speculate about - but other than that, nothing really stands out other than the potential for a better Falcon suit/wing colour scheme. May have an Infinity Stone, but could easily see them leaving it out given the set has appeal regardless.

76107 - No Stone Mentioned
Sounds like it's basically the Super Hero Airport battle set. Thanos is probably going to be a brick-built figure like Ares. I'd guess he has grown larger due to the Infinity Stones and that will explain why we have Infinity Stones in each set - e.g. they are circular 1x1 printed pieces that can be added to a mighty micros style gauntlet in the Thanos set due to his enlarged size. The spaceship is unknown but i expect it will either be the Milano or Quinjet for the sake of having an iconic vehicle, from the description i'm leaning more towards it being the Milano. Though the Avengers Quinjet did have a similar feature for Age Of Ultron i feel it would be better for Lego to apply that feature to a new Milano if we indeed have to get another shrunkern spaceship again. Though no Infinity Stones are mentioned, i expect the set will include two for the Gaunlet - the other four/five being scattered amongst the other sets (76101, 76102, 76103, 76104, 76108) We'll probably see another version of Thanos (likely a big-fig version) in the D2C set that is coming later which may be Avengers Mansion given this set sees to include a spaceship.

4819895_R_Z001A?$Web$&$DefaultPDP570$&$W

76108 - Time Stone
It's a shame that this set sounds so strange. Cull Obsidian (probably a big fig) and Ebony Maw are probably what is going to sell this set along with likely another new Iron Man variant - but hopefully it looks good. The 'bedroom of Peter Parker' stuff has me concerned that it may be two seperate builds or that they'll have tried to shove in a bedroom for Peter Parker into the main Sancum Sanctorum build.

Edited by Scarilian

38456458916_f89ed26911_o.png

I'm really hoping for this Gwen Stacy variant in one of next years sets, but it's probably unlikely given the focus on the MCU stuff next year. Still, one can dream.

Just now, strangely said:

I'm really hoping for this Gwen Stacy variant in one of next years sets, but it's probably unlikely given the focus on the MCU stuff next year. Still, one can dream.

I remember seeing a list of comic book sets that was rumored to release later next year, winter wave I guess. Sounds too good to be true.

She would have fit so well in the Bridge Battle set. Plus a little dark joke for the fans (there's literally a play feature to knock minifigs off the top of the bridge), akin to the tropical Joker's camera.

I really hope the description of the Black Panther and Infinity War sets are true.  Looking forward to seeing updated versions of several characters (Cap, Widow, Falcon, Groot and Strange maybe?)

Spoiler

Perhaps even a one-eyed Thor.

Edited by Dr Axels

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is the rhino being spoken of in these sets the actual animal? I asked someone else about that rhino earlier on this topic and didn't get an answer. 

If it is, and therefore a new mold also, then someone should tell @Roebuck about this. :wink:

Thanks for keeping me informed :wink:

9 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

No, the rhino is a white mech 

To bad, its about time the superhero themes bring some new animal moulds to the table :sceptic:

Am I the only one hoping that if they do Thor with hair (instead of a helmet) they do it right with the correct style and colour, bright blond does not work for him 

On 11/18/2017 at 11:30 AM, DJ Bricks said:

Peter Parker fig nice!!!

Still missing are Black Dwarf, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Drax, Mantis, And Nebula

And Ant-Man.

Am I the only one hoping that if they do Thor with hair (instead of a helmet) they do it right with the correct style and colour, bright blond does not work for him 

He's almost certainly being done with hair. We've seen the new look he's sporting in the film (spoilers for Ragnarok).

tumblr_ozbjjtIqGg1sdxw5qo1_1280.jpg

DLprTR5VYAAeQj5.jpg:orig

Edited by Battlinpanther

Just now, Battlinpanther said:

And Ant-Man.

I think it would be expected that they wouldn’t include ant man in infinity war so people will go out and hopefully buy the probable ant man and the wasps sets

Very true. Though, then again, a lot of people thought we wouldn't get Black Panther or Princess Shuri in these Avengers sets, and here they are. Though like I speculated a few months ago, that was probably unavoidable given that Wakanda looks like it has a big role in the film.

Just now, Lego_lover2001 said:

Anyone else upset by the fact scarlet witch isn’t mentioned in any of these sets 

They tend to mention the main characters. For example i highly doubt that 76107 only has Iron Man, Star Lord, Gamora and a potential brick-built Thanos.

Certain characters will likely be included in these sets but not named in the descriptions such as Drax, Nebula, Scarlet Witch, etc...

12 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

and a potential brick-built Thanos.

Where has this brick built Thanos come from? Was it rumoured, or just speculation? Because compared to every other brick built character, they made sense to be brick built, Thanos would not

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Where has this brick built Thanos come from? Was it rumoured, or just speculation? Because compared to every other brick built character, they made sense to be brick built, Thanos would not

The brick built thanos wouldn’t make sense as how would they do the gauntlet? 

Also so based on the set descriptions we are getting the following stones in the sets

76101: cosmic (space) stone

76102: unknown 

76103: mind stone

76104: soul stone

76107: infinity gauntlet 

76108: time stone

That just leaves the power and reality stones. One of them will be in 76102 but I’m not sure where the other one could be

21 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

'potential' because it seems like a likely option - hence the speculation i made in my previous post. We had a very similar description for a 'Titan' villain in regards to Ares from the Wonder Woman sets, who also had a sword. I also mentioned how it could be explained - such as Thanos using the Gauntlet to make himself massive - something which occured in Avengers Assemble.

Could be built like Ant-Man or Ares or a mech like in Tech Wizard Showdown - the last option has some level of presedence as you can easily attach the mighty micro gauntlet by replacing the sword
72004-1.jpg?201711170837

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Brick Built Thanos would make sense if a situation such as above occured. The gauntlet could be similar to the Mighty Micro gauntlet - the individual Infinity Stones being printed 1x1 circle pieces;

LEG-76072-4.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

Wow all this news is great! Just as we all gave up hope on Klaw now it’s revealed we are getting him! 

Thor’s Battle Axe! Kind of a spoiler but I’m so excited anyways! Shuri and Wakanda builds! Also maybe some of the characters left out will be in retail exclusive sets? 

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Also so based on the set descriptions we are getting the following stones in the sets

76101: cosmic (space) stone

76102: unknown 

76103: mind stone

76104: soul stone

76107: infinity gauntlet 

76108: time stone

That just leaves the power and reality stones. One of them will be in 76102 but I’m not sure where the other one could be

The other could appear with the Gauntlet in 76107, or in the D2C

Well, it appears I missed the Black Panther descirptions while looking for the Infinity War ones! I’m glad to hear we’re gettig Klaue as an additional villain, rather than a Kilmonger in both. The Rhino will probably be similar to the Fenris wolf, but a bit bulkier (hopefully smaller).

The sets sound intriguing, though I hope they aren’t too large and detract from my Infinity War budget (we are still getting a D2C, after all)

Thanos looks like a big fig in the movie, he is going to be about the size of the Hulk. Cull Obsidian is going to be bigger than Thanos.

Just now, Commodore Thrawn said:

As mentioned by @Duncan Young, the "Rhino" is a white mech, not the actual animal.

So it'll be more like Rhino then. I'm not the biggest Black Panther comic book nerd, but the fact that the mech is a Rhino, not a Panther... Confusing